5. Arkansas-Monticello
    6. Southeastern Oklahoma
    7. Northwestern Oklahoma
    8. Arkansas Tech
    9. Oklahoma Baptist
    10. Southwestern Oklahoma
    11. East Central
    12. Southern Nazarene
    Interesting preseason poll. Very curious who gave SAU a first place vote. As much as I want SAU to win, I really see them at 4th this year or maybe 5th. Henderson will be fighting for that 3rd or 2nd spot. Other than that, doesn't look too bad. ECU may be a darkhorse. We will see.

Default Re: 2019 GAC Preseason Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    Interesting preseason poll. Very curious who gave SAU a first place vote. As much as I want SAU to win, I really see them at 4th this year or maybe 5th. Henderson will be fighting for that 3rd or 2nd spot. Other than that, doesn't look too bad. ECU may be a darkhorse. We will see.
    Hahahahaha that’s a silly question. Bill did. Why wouldn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Hahahahaha that’s a silly question. Bill did. Why wouldn’t he?
    Unless there has been a change in the rules, coaches are not allowed to vote for their own team.

6. Default Re: 2019 GAC Preseason Poll

SAU got a first place vote? Those counterfeit cowboys aren’t even capable of winning the Hong Kong Pop Warner Premier League. Only those who exceed their doctor recommended levels of fine Peruvian plant think the counterfeit cowboys can win the GAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Unless there has been a change in the rules, coaches are not allowed to vote for their own team.
    Exactly. Your right Armo.

With all the off-season changes I do not expect Tech to challenge at the top but it is disappointing and a little surprising to see us that far down. I just hope we finish better than 8th.

Cheers to a fun and exciting season!

Oh my goodness. I have just realized Harding's schedule right now. Harding is going to have it tough early. 4 of the possible top 5 teams early. OBU and SAU on the road? Harding may be so much better than OBu, but I can't see them winning all of those games. Good news is if they can get trough all of that, they should be able to test and tune the rest of the season to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Boys View Post
    With all the off-season changes I do not expect Tech to challenge at the top but it is disappointing and a little surprising to see us that far down. I just hope we finish better than 8th.

Cheers to a fun and exciting season!
    Still baffles me Tech isn’t better.

I agree that 1 vote for SAU was very surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by OBUGrad View Post
    Still baffles me Tech isn’t better.

I agree that 1 vote for SAU was very surprising.
    Agreed. Tech has a higher enrollment than any other D2 Arkansas School. They should be able to pull more revenue with a larger alumn base and with the student athletic fee. In my opinion, it seems like an Admin deal. I remember growing up and they were a big name in the GSC. Same with basketball as well. I just don't understand what has happend over time. Have the other schools just closed the gap? I know SAU has become much better as a program overall, and added tennis back this past year. OBU and Harding have become much better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    Agreed. Tech has a higher enrollment than any other D2 Arkansas School. They should be able to pull more revenue with a larger alumn base and with the student athletic fee. In my opinion, it seems like an Admin deal. I remember growing up and they were a big name in the GSC. Same with basketball as well. I just don't understand what has happend over time. Have the other schools just closed the gap? I know SAU has become much better as a program overall, and added tennis back this past year. OBU and Harding have become much better as well.
    Money wise I know Tech is in better shape than most GAC schools. Better than OBU for sure. Guess it shows that money isn’t everything. Thought they may have been back a few years ago, but that seemed like a flash in the pan.

13. Default Re: 2019 GAC Preseason Poll

No way SAU finishes in top 5. Love that ECU is at 11. I bet that only fuels the fire for them to finish top 6. UAM finishes in bottom 3, Ok Baptist finishes 11th at 1-10. SNU at 0-11.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    2019 GAC POLL

1. Ouachita (8)
    2. Harding (3)
    3. Southern Arkansas (1)
    4. Henderson
    5. Arkansas-Monticello
    6. Southeastern Oklahoma
    7. Northwestern Oklahoma
    8. Arkansas Tech
    9. Oklahoma Baptist
    10. Southwestern Oklahoma
    11. East Central
    12. Southern Nazarene
    That's much better than Hootens picks. I think if SEOSU brings back a solid defense, they will place better than picked. They have Rollin Kensaul for his senior campaign at QB.
    I am not sure how UAM gets the 5th pick with Sears gone.
    At this point, I am not sure SNU will finish last in 2019.

Looking forward to a competitive season from all GAC schools and more progress in the off season hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post
    No way SAU finishes in top 5. Love that ECU is at 11. I bet that only fuels the fire for them to finish top 6. UAM finishes in bottom 3, Ok Baptist finishes 11th at 1-10. SNU at 0-11.
    Top 6?? Surely your joking. No way they are finishing top 6.

16. Default Re: 2019 GAC Preseason Poll

We can put a nice hot breakfast wager on the table. They will finish above .500 which would put them top 6.

Look bud, I know you are excited about your team this season, but what did ECU do the past three years?

2016 1-10
    2017 2-9
    2018 3-8

In 2019 they may go 4-7 or 5-6. I just don't see them going .500. SE OK will probably be the best Oklahoma school again.

18. Default Re: 2019 GAC Preseason Poll

They will beat NWOSU, SWOSU, SNU, OkBU, UAM, and Ar TECH. AT WORST- 5-6. Last year, that would put them top 6.

They will beat NWOSU, SWOSU, SNU, OkBU, UAM, and Ar TECH. AT WORST- 5-6. Last year, that would put them top 6.
    That kool-aid must be real strong over in Ada

Ready for the season to get GOING!!!!
    So.... I thought I would look at the Massey (Messey) Ratings.
    Here it is:
    OBU 20 HU 17 on Sept 5. Won't be surprised if HU takes the W home with them. This will be the game of the week, obviously. Both teams have plenty of time to prepare for the other.
    Your thoughts???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast