Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: so, how's your defense this year?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    405
    Posts
    712
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    42408

    Default so, how's your defense this year?

    specifically, your run defense
    Last edited by jimbo slice; 08-07-2019 at 09:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    4,786
    Rep Power
    26560

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    I think Pitt will be pretty solid on defense.
    Sent from my GorillaPad

  3. Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    Northwest will be Northwest defensively. Best in MIAA as usual

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    3,943
    Rep Power
    240481

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    Three names; Wright, Bostwick and Clayton. Why I don't worry about our defense.

    In addition, I see that Roberto Davis and Bryce Enyard are listed as GA's this season. I'm assuming they are working with the Defense.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    350
    Rep Power
    35416

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    run defenses - I really like Emporia St. led by Jace McDown; NW Mo with their defensive front; and UCM led by John Embrey

    Pitt St. should have a solid defense across the board so having a good secondary is going to help them have a good run defense.

    then I like Mo West and Northeastern against the run; but their secondaries are not going to be all that good so their run defenses may not look as shiny as I think they actually are in that department.

  6. Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    Here's the reality: there's one good rush defense in the conference--NW. Everyone else is pretty middle of the road, and there are usually 2-3 bad outliers. Occasionally a school will jump up and be more alongside NW--FH and WU have had some good years in the somewhat recent past and MW had some good years with Jerry. Pitt State had good years in the not so recent past.

    But it's also really hard to evaluate because for the past 7+ years the conference has been so pass happy on offense that most teams weren't spending a ton of time on run defense, despite the obvious dividends it was paying for NW.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,979
    Rep Power
    869848

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    in about 28 days, we'll find out.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    405
    Posts
    712
    Rep Power
    42408

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    in about 28 days, we'll find out.
    yep. im looking forward to seeing what taj griffin looks like against a good front 7

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,979
    Rep Power
    869848

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo slice View Post
    yep. im looking forward to seeing what taj griffin looks like against a good front 7
    I'm looking forward to football in general.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    405
    Posts
    712
    Rep Power
    42408

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    I'm looking forward to football in general.
    true...watching tonight's games hasn't really done anything to help...freaking pros

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,979
    Rep Power
    869848

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo slice View Post
    true...watching tonight's games hasn't really done anything to help...freaking pros
    Yeah NFL doesn't do it for me. Especially preseason.

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NW Normal View Post
    Three names; Wright, Bostwick and Clayton. Why I don't worry about our defense.

    In addition, I see that Roberto Davis and Bryce Enyard are listed as GA's this season. I'm assuming they are working with the Defense.
    Enyard didn’t meet the reqs for an assistantship, and after this alleged development this week, it’s even more doubtful:

    https://www.facebook.com/14128779377...921031&sfns=mo

    We’re wondering if this might be from the onset of a mental illness or possibly related to CTE .... regardless, it’s a bit shocking.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    parkville, missourah
    Posts
    8,011
    Rep Power
    80261

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    geez that’s an absurdly dumb lapse in judgement

    hopefully he gets it together dudes got a lotta life left obv

    great bearcat i’m sad to have seen that

  14. Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    With qb Brook Bolles back from injury, the Mules offense will be lights out, so the defense doesn't necessarily have to be an "A", but it will need to be at least a solid "C" or better for the Mules to get to the top. Gone is the former dc and his (it sucks) 3-4 alignment. I believe the new dc will get the Mules defense playing at a high level, but the defense is young, so it will be a work in progress.

    DOIN' IT DONKEY STYLE
    Last edited by Donkeydamus; 08-12-2019 at 08:44 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Planet Earth Somewhere
    Posts
    4,560
    Rep Power
    121994

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeydamus View Post
    With qb Brook Bolles back from injury, the Mules offense will be lights out, so the defense doesn't necessarily have to be an "A", but it will need to be at least a solid "C" or better for the Mules to get to the top. Gone is the former dc and his (it sucks) 3-4 alignment. I believe the new dc will get the Mules defense playing at a high level, but the defense is young, so it will be a work in progress.

    DOIN' IT DONKEY STYLE
    A good defense can shut down even the best of offenses.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks
    Posts
    1,436
    Rep Power
    60554

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    A good defense can shut down even the best of offenses.
    Yeah, usually when that happens, the fan base will just blame it on the offense not "showing up" that particular day or night!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    74794

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    A good defense can shut down even the best of offenses.
    And a good offense can still torch a good defense. Lets see if the Mules can do that in game one vs Ft. Hays. Last year the Mules O was putting it to the Tigers D before Bolles got injured.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    350
    Rep Power
    35416

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    Another interesting RB transfer - Kansas State RB Cornelius Ruff is at Washburn. He didn't see any action at KSU being buried on the depth chart but he's a chonk that could be very successful at D2.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks
    Posts
    1,436
    Rep Power
    60554

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
    Another interesting RB transfer - Kansas State RB Cornelius Ruff is at Washburn. He didn't see any action at KSU being buried on the depth chart but he's a chonk that could be very successful at D2.
    I must be old, what is a chonk?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,979
    Rep Power
    869848

    Default Re: so, how's your defense this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    A good defense can shut down even the best of offenses.
    No, but the best of defenses can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •