Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are You Ready For Some Football?

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Are You Ready For Some Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    I'm not saying Commerce won't be a challenge. Just saying coaches complimenting their teams should be taken with a grain of salt.
    He wasnt complimenting his team, we were discussing his defensive philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattportman View Post
    No question the Lions have talent on defense, if DC Adibi gets them boys to play like he did at Virginia Tech look out. Same logic applies to the offense; studs everywhere but will the scheme fit the personnel? On special teams Lion U has to replace senor automatico but we seem to have a solid replacement there. I look for good things with Bailiff...he definitely brings a different approach but I bet we have less than 20 penalties against Tarleton this year even though we travel to Stephenville, Lol. I don’t think you can judge Bailiff’s coaching chops on his last season at Rice, in the the grand scheme of things he was successful there despite the challenges Rice presents. The only good thing about this time of year is everyone is undefeated so why not be optimistic. #timetohunt
    That's exactly my point, I'm not judging him on one year but the body of work over several years. He is a different bird and I thought it was an odd choice at the time TAMUC chose him to be the next HC.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    He wasnt complimenting his team, we were discussing his defensive philosophy.
    Ah, I see I missed a reply. My mistake. Bringing back Holmes will help our Offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    That's exactly my point, I'm not judging him on one year but the body of work over several years. He is a different bird and I thought it was an odd choice at the time TAMUC chose him to be the next HC.
    I would loved to have seen the the complete list of candidates for the position after Colby left...I heard Coach Wristen from CSUP was their first choice but Bailiff brings an awful lot to the table on and off the field. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Each conference has one team to win it all in how long? LSC hasn't exactly dominated come postseason time either. Don't get sad about that, just the facts.
    You do realize that a LSC team is 2 years removed from a national championship and 1 year removed from a national quarterfinal run, right?

6. Default Re: Are You Ready For Some Football?

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    You do realize that a LSC team is 2 years removed from a national championship and 1 year removed from a national quarterfinal run, right?
    Since the re-alignment, here are the conference breakdowns of playoff record:

LSC against:
    GNAC: 2-0
    NSIC: 4-2
    RMAC: 0-0

RMAC against:
    GNAC: 0-0
    NSIC: 0-2

NSIC against:

Cumulative Playoff Record:

LSC: 6-2
    RMAC: 0-2
    GNAC: 0-2
    NSIC: 4-4

Side Note: Mankato has every NSIC playoff win.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Hahahaha, right?
    Haha yep. I'm still curious what your sleeper teams are for this year, be it good or bad

Nvm

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    WT hasn't posted it's fall practice schedule yet. If you count back 21 days from the first game, they should start practice on the 17th of August. It can't come too soon.
    https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2019/8/9/...-schedule.aspx

Checking in at #16...Lions & Texans

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

Quote Originally Posted by Mattportman View Post
    Checking in at #16...Lions & Texans

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title
    We'll send the Kitties back with an L

12. Default Re: Are You Ready For Some Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    Azusa Pacific. 8-4 isn't deserving of a playoff spot for me
    If the WT Buffs manage to have an 8-4 season, the team would probably think they reached the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    If the WT Buffs manage to have an 8-4 season, the team would probably think they reached the promised land.
    Not even by a long shot. All it would mean is we are headed to the door with a "no knock, bust it down policy".

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    One team? So it's basically the RMAC? Got it.

One team? So it's basically the RMAC? Got it.
    2017 Commerce won NC. 2018 Tarleton lost to Mankato in the Super Region 4 finals. By my count, that 2 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
    Since the re-alignment, here are the conference breakdowns of playoff record:

LSC against:
    GNAC: 2-0
    NSIC: 4-2
    RMAC: 0-0

RMAC against:
    NSIC: 0-2

NSIC against:

Cumulative Playoff Record:

LSC: 6-2
    RMAC: 0-2
    GNAC: 0-2
    NSIC: 4-4

Side Note: Mankato has every NSIC playoff win.
    How many are Commerce wins? Four, my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    2017 Commerce won NC. 2018 Tarleton lost to Mankato in the Super Region 4 finals. By my count, that 2 teams.
    So one team has really had success beyond one season of 2 playoff wins? One of which came against a fellow LSC school? If you take recent success it's clearly one team. Prior to that, WT back before Spanishgate. Aye aye aye.

Point is, the LSC isn't some powerhouse conference. It's extremely top heavy, as most D2 conferences are.

To answer the title of the thread though, yes, I'm ready for some football. Last season I'll be around to bug you LSC guys so apologies in advance.

So one team has really had success beyond one season of 2 playoff wins? One of which came against a fellow LSC school? If you take recent success it's clearly one team. Prior to that, WT back before Spanishgate. Aye aye aye.

Point is, the LSC isn't some powerhouse conference. It's extremely top heavy, as most D2 conferences are.

To answer the title of the thread though, yes, I'm ready for some football. Last season I'll be around to bug you LSC guys so apologies in advance.
    haha, its all good. Just messing with you a bit. Right now Im about 90% sure I'll make the trip to Pueblo.

19. Default Re: Are You Ready For Some Football?

The numbers I put together don’t account for conference opponents, so it doesn’t include the Pueblo win in rd 1, or Tarleton’s win over TAMUC. It also ignores TAMUC in the semis and championship. So in SR4 since realignment Tarleton is the 3rd most successful team behind the Lions and Mankato, and no one else has any wins that didn’t come against a conference foe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234