Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Stratton Article

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Ryan Stratton Article

Quote Originally Posted by TJ85 View Post
    They’re all trash. Look at what they do in the playoffs. When Notre Dame is winning the conference, you got problems
    Yeah your're right on target about ND, go ask Valdosta fans how much trash they think ND was!!

But then again "You know football and you know it well"

I couldn’t disagree with you more. You’re just mad that I actually am making good points. The only one to actually call Shepherd out for what they are. A team that steam rolls small pop warner type West Virginia teams that have no business of playing football. Their league SUCKED. And anyone that disagrees really knows nothing at all. Like I’ve said before, let’s go ahead and see how they fair in an actual league. 8-3 or 7-4 is my guess pal.
    The funny thing is that of all the leagues in SR1, in the last decade there's only been one that's truly been even remotely close to having a team win the last game: The MEC. Shepherd went to the national championship game and Notre Dame was highly competitive in their loss to Valdosta State last year. Much more competitive than IUP was in their loss to West Florida.

If you want to knock the entire depth of the league, fine. But, to ignore that the best team out of that league each year hasn't been as good when compared to the rest of the region is pure denial.

Look at the SR1 winners from the last 9 years:
    2010- Shepherd (Lost to Delta State in Semifinal 29-17)
    2011- Winston Salem (Lost to Wayne State 21-14 in Semifinal)
    2012- Winston Salem (Lost in National Championship game to Valdosta State 35-7)
    2013- West Chester (Lost to Lenoir-Rhyne 42-14 in Semifinal)
    2014- Concord (Lost to Minnesota State-Mankato 47-14 in Semifinal)
    2015- Shepherd (Lost to Northwest Missouri State 35-7 in National Championship)
    2016- Shepherd (Lost to North Alabama 23-13 in Semifinal)
    2017- IUP (Lost to West Florida 27-17 in Semifinal)
    2018- Notre Dame (Lost to Valdosta State 30-24 in Semifinal)

In the last 9 years, the PSAC has accounted for two SR1 titles. 5 have been claimed by THREE different teams from the MEC. The last two belong to Winston Salem State from the previous alignment. The interesting thing is that when you look at the SR1 Champions who have come out of the PSAC, even going back to Cal in the 07-09 period, only two have been "competitive." IUP (arguably) in their loss to West Florida and Cal in 2007 against Valdosta State. Cal's next two teams got their doors blown off of them just like West Chester did.

We can say all we want about which league is better, but that really has no bearing on which league creates the best SR1 representative during the 2nd weekend of December. If anything, the best PSAC teams are playing catch up to the MEC. Eventually one of those GMAC teams will catch people. There is more football in the region played outside of the PSAC. If anything, they're playing it better elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    The funny thing is that of all the leagues in SR1, in the last decade there's only been one that's truly been even remotely close to having a team win the last game: The MEC. Shepherd went to the national championship game and Notre Dame was highly competitive in their loss to Valdosta State last year. Much more competitive than IUP was in their loss to West Florida.

If you want to knock the entire depth of the league, fine. But, to ignore that the best team out of that league each year hasn't been as good when compared to the rest of the region is pure denial.

In the last 9 years, the PSAC has accounted for two SR1 titles. 5 have been claimed by THREE different teams from the MEC. The last two belong to Winston Salem State from the previous alignment. The interesting thing is that when you look at the SR1 Champions who have come out of the PSAC, even going back to Cal in the 07-09 period, only two have been "competitive." IUP (arguably) in their loss to West Florida and Cal in 2007 against Valdosta State. Cal's next two teams got their doors blown off of them just like West Chester did.

We can say all we want about which league is better, but that really has no bearing on which league creates the best SR1 representative during the 2nd weekend of December. If anything, the best PSAC teams are playing catch up to the MEC. Eventually one of those GMAC teams will catch people. There is more football in the region played outside of the PSAC. If anything, they're playing it better elsewhere.
    Well stated & summarized, but you are trying to educate someone who won't let FACTS get in the way!

IMO the closest an SR1 team has been to a NC was that 2007 Cal team & I was fortunate to be on the Cal side watching that drive down the field in the last two minutes on Valdosta.

Quote Originally Posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post
    Yeah your're right on target about ND, go ask Valdosta fans how much trash they think ND was!!
    Great point there. I took a couple visits to Valdosta's conference board and the bulk of them were impressed by how NDC hung in that game. It was their first one-possession game all year, and it was the lowest they scored all year. By the way people talk about SR1 you'd expect that NDC would get demolished in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    I thank you for not going back to 2005. Eesh, that semifinal was painful.

I deal with big time deals everyday and very stressful situations. This is cake to me.
    He owns a mansion and a yacht.

(Repeat it in crazy Elmer Fudd voice)

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    He owns a mansion and a yacht.

(Repeat it in crazy Elmer Fudd voice)

I have a big business trip tomorrow and this weekend in San Francisco. I don’t appreciate the insults

I have a big business trip tomorrow and this weekend in San Francisco. I don’t appreciate the insults
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JqZ2hWWbVFk

I MUST be a banker!

Quote Originally Posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post
    Well stated & summarized, but you are trying to educate someone who won't let FACTS get in the way!

IMO the closest an SR1 team has been to a NC was that 2007 Cal team & I was fortunate to be on the Cal side watching that drive down the field in the last two minutes on Valdosta.

I was at that game as well. My sister was in the Cal marching band from 2007-2010. So I went to most of the Cal home games during that time. Saw some really good football. That’s what made me fall in love with the D2 game. And after watching a bunch of Cal football I ultimately ended up at IUP after I graduated high school in 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Mergers and acquisitions

Listen gentlemen, I’m about to board the G5 to San Francisco for a major business meeting tomorrow on the roof of a 10 million dollar penthouse, this deal will affect many lives in the financial world. So I need to concentrate. The back and forth boo boo and insults are childish. So if you guys don’t mind, I’m going to board the G5, pour a nice drink and eat some veal on the flight to prepare for this. I will be back this week to talk shop, but right now all of my energy and concentration needs to go into this multi million dollar deal that I am about to be involved in.

Mmmm-kay.

12. Default Re: Ryan Stratton Article

Listen gentlemen, I’m about to board the G5 to San Francisco for a major business meeting tomorrow on the roof of a 10 million dollar penthouse, this deal will affect many lives in the financial world. So I need to concentrate. The back and forth boo boo and insults are childish. So if you guys don’t mind, I’m going to board the G5, pour a nice drink and eat some veal on the flight to prepare for this. I will be back this week to talk shop, but right now all of my energy and concentration needs to go into this multi million dollar deal that I am about to be involved in.
    https://youtu.be/79XeWgCLEOI

What a pompous arse! Well I've never used the "ignore list" button on the board & that's even when BCapn' was at his height of annoyance, Bless his Heart, but you're going to be the first.

Man, what has happened in the IUP support world this year? Y'all have recruited some young bucks that are full of it...

Yeah, your shtick is already overdone. But, to be fair, it was never funny to begin with, so it's all for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    Yeah, your shtick is already overdone. But, to be fair, it was never funny to begin with, so it's all for the best.
    I’m going to be checking the board in between deals don’t worry. Got a big lunch scheduled today with major CEO’s and government officials from China, London and Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by PSACHomer2.0 View Post
    Yeah...I don’t have an excuse for that game. Cal imo was the best team in the region. Shepherds coach just out coached Dunn that second half plain and simple. The biggest story of that game was how shepherd had two midgets at LB and Dunn decided to give Their 6’6 250 Lb TE who now has been in the NFL for two years ZERO targets.
    I get your point though. Over the last six years, the region was one by the #1 seed four times and three of those four were MEC teams. But as we discussed, Shepherd beat the #1 seed in 2016 and lost as the #1 seed on 2013.

Regarding the MEC/WVIAC overall, Shepherd was most certainly their most consistent team, but now they're a PSAC team. Concord in 2014 was a one-hit wonder and has returned to mediocrity similar to West Liberty in 2009. It's yet to be seen how long Notre Dame can sustain last year's success, although someone has to win that conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    I get your point though. Over the last six years, the region was one by the #1 seed four times and three of those four were MEC teams. But as we discussed, Shepherd beat the #1 seed in 2016 and lost as the #1 seed on 2013.

Regarding the MEC/WVIAC overall, Shepherd was most certainly their most consistent team, but now they're a PSAC team. Concord in 2014 was a one-hit wonder and has returned to mediocrity similar to West Liberty in 2009. It's yet to be seen how long Notre Dame can sustain last year's success, although someone has to win that conference.

As I said, it’s fair to question the overall depth of the league, but I stopped questioning the top team coming out of that conference a while ago. The MEC has won the region 5 times in 9 years (to the PSAC’s 2), but that was accomplished by three different teams.

If you break down the trips to the National semifinals, the MEC’s representative has equipped themselves much better than the PSAC has during that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Default Re: Ryan Stratton Article

You were being a Dick!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefbag View Post
    You were being a Dick!
    I respectfully disagree with your point of view, sir.

Beware, Beefbag. He might hit you with his personal 747.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast