Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: PSAC Media Day

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    654
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    65353

    Default PSAC Media Day

    Is there??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    837
    Rep Power
    7025

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    654
    Rep Power
    65353

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Thanks!

  4. #4

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Not too sure why I can't get it to go to the article but if you copy/paste the link below in your browser, it will take you to the PSAC site with the info.
    https://psacsports.org/news/2019/7/2...-august-5.aspx

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,594
    Rep Power
    70932

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    PSAC West Pre-Season Coaches Poll

    1. Slippery Rock (11-3)
    2. California (7-4)
    3. IUP (8-3)
    4. Mercyhurst (5-6)
    5. Edinboro (6-5)
    6. Gannon (2-9)
    7. Clarion (4-7)
    8. Seton Hill (1-10)

    PSAC East Pre-Season Coaches Poll

    1. West Chester (10-1 last year)
    2. Shepherd (7-3)
    3. Kutztown (9-2)
    4. Shippensburg (6-5)
    5. Bloomsburg (6-5)
    6. East Stroudsburg (2-9)
    7. Millersville (2-9)
    8. Lock Haven (2-9)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    242
    Rep Power
    3944

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Looks like the East coaches are wisely expecting Shepherd to contend for first place right away. I bet some of our posters will have a field day with IUP ranked third, but remember that these are meaningless and the games are played on the field.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,577
    Rep Power
    31992

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Quote Originally Posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    Looks like the East coaches are wisely expecting Shepherd to contend for first place right away. I bet some of our posters will have a field day with IUP ranked third, but remember that these are meaningless and the games are played on the field.
    A bit puzzled by #2 CALU and #2 SHEP. IMO should be #3 and#4

  8. #8

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    A bit puzzled by #2 CALU and #2 SHEP. IMO should be #3 and#4

    Historically this is like being on the cover of Madden.

  9. #9

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    A bit puzzled by #2 CALU and #2 SHEP. IMO should be #3 and#4
    Let's fast forward a month and get it going here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,577
    Rep Power
    31992

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Historically this is like being on the cover of Madden.
    And almost as much fun !!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    654
    Rep Power
    65353

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    A bit puzzled by #2 CALU and #2 SHEP. IMO should be #3 and#4
    I would go along with that, especially Shepherd at 3 or 4, we do not have the defensive talent/experience that we have had, but we're still fairly young.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denton County, TX
    Posts
    10,948
    Rep Power
    172487

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    And cue the “Fake News” cries from the IUP supporters in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

    I may be being a little sarcastic here.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    837
    Rep Power
    7025

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post
    I would go along with that, especially Shepherd at 3 or 4, we do not have the defensive talent/experience that we have had, but we're still fairly young.
    Did Shepherd pick up former 4-Star UMD DL Adam McLean?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    654
    Rep Power
    65353

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Did Shepherd pick up former 4-Star UMD DL Adam McLean?
    Haven't heard... I wouldn't think we'd have enough in the scholarship bank!

  15. #15

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Did Shepherd pick up former 4-Star UMD DL Adam McLean?
    Yes they did from what I had heard... but I think he needed to get his grades in order so was a possibility that he'd sit out 2019 and play for Shepherd in 2020.

  16. #16

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    LOCK HAVEN — In recognition of college football’s sesquicentennial season, the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference is recognizing a group of individuals who have been distinguished as the PSAC’s 150 Contributors.


    With various league and on-campus celebrations planned for the upcoming season, nominees were comprised of representatives from each current member institution. Those in consideration were identified by each institution as individuals who had made significant contributions to college football.


    “The opportunity to celebrate the 150th anniversary of college football with our member institutions is exciting. Recognizing many of the key contributors who are synonymous with the PSAC is a great way to highlight our great history and to allow our membership to celebrate this commemorative event,” said PSAC Commissioner Steve Murray. “Like anything, the debate of who should be included will be fun, but talking about the storied history of football in our conference is what we wanted and what I’m sure we will get.”



    To determine the formation of the final 150, guidelines were put in place to have representation from each submitting institution. A committee comprised of seven former sports information directors then made selections to finalize the PSAC’s 150 Contributors.


    Slippery Rock led the list with 12 representatives. West Chester, Millersville, Bloomsburg, Shippensburg, Edinboro, Clarion and California boasted double-digit representatives.


    A list of representatives by institution is listed below.


    Bloomsburg


    Jamar Brittingham, Jim Doyle, Jahri Evans, Matt Feiler, Danny Hale, Franklyn Quiteh, Robert Redman, Frank Sheptock, Irvin Sigler, Bob Tucker


    California


    Antoine Bagwell, Garry Brown, Wes Cates, Perry Kemp, John Lukhardt, Sam Mannery, Tim McCutcheon, Rontez Miles, Elmo Natali, Jeff Petrucci


    Clarion


    Jim Alcorn, Dave “Red” Bevevino, Kevin Ewing, Al Jacks, Frank Lignelli, Kim Niedbala, Alex Sandusky, Steve Scillitani, Chris Weibel, Reggie Wells, Jr., Steve Witte


    East Stroudsburg


    Denny Douds, Pat Flaherty, James Franklin, Jeff Johnson, Kevin Nagle, Evan Prall, Mike Reichenbach, Jimmy Terwilliger, Ray Yakavonis


    Edinboro


    Elbert Cole, David Green, Howard Hackley, Trevor Harris, Mike Kegarise, Bill McDonald, Jeremy O’Day, Ernest Priester, Jim Romaniszyn, Pat Schuster


    Gannon


    Art Arkelian, Marcus Jones, Liam Nadler, Jon Richardson, Lou Tullio, Darmel Whitfield


    IUP


    Jack Benedict, Frank Cignetti, Sr., Jim Haslett, Jai Hill, Chuck Klausing, Michael Mann, Dan Radakovich, Dave Smith, Chris Villarrial


    Kutztown


    Dave Borden, Bruce Harper, John Mobley, Jordan Morgan, Kevin Morton, Andre Reed, Mark Steinmeyer


    Lock Haven


    Rob Carey, Fran Cornelius, George Dintiman, Hubert Jack, Bill McCollum, Bob Peck, Joe Speese, Caleb Walton


    Mansfield


    Bill Bair, Joe Bedenk, Dr. Mark Bristol, Stu Casterline, George E. “Doc” Fenton, Dan Holland, Dean Stewart



    Mercyhurst


    David A. Armstrong, Bryan Boyce, Brandon Brown-Dukes, Tom Herman, Trevor Kennedy, Joe Kimball, John Langer, Marty Schaetzle, Ian Wild


    Millersville


    Dr. Gene Carpenter, Charles Cooper, Drew Folmar, Will Lewis, Carmen Lex, Scott Martin, Mike McFetridge, Sean Scott, Ricke Stonewall, Edwin “Eddie” Weist


    Seton Hill


    AJ Erni, Antwarn Jones, Nick McGaghan, Chris Snyder, Sammy Tranks, Tyler Zimmer


    Shepherd


    Walter Barr, Damian Beane, Monte Cater, George Hott, Myles Humphrey, Wayne Wilson


    Shippensburg


    John Bay, Rob Davis, Tim Ebersole, Brent Grimes, Trevor Harman, Spencer Keyes, John Kuhn, Mark “Mac” Maciejewski, Rocky Rees, Zach Zulli


    Slippery Rock


    Jerry Bejbl, Bob DiSpirito, Terry Factor, DJ Flick, Brandon Fusco, Shamar Greene, Greg Hopkins, Marcus Martin, Randy McKavish, Dr. George Mihalik, Brian Polk, N. Kerr Thompson


    West Chester


    Billy Hess, Joe Iacone, W. Glenn Killinger, Derrick Price, Joe Senser, Ralph Tamm, Mike, Washington, Chuck Weber, Rondell White, Lee Woodall, Bill Zwaan


    https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...54f5bcf91.html

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,232
    Rep Power
    23391

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    LOCK HAVEN — In recognition of college football’s sesquicentennial season, the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference is recognizing a group of individuals who have been distinguished as the PSAC’s 150 Contributors.

    With various league and on-campus celebrations planned for the upcoming season, nominees were comprised of representatives from each current member institution. Those in consideration were identified by each institution as individuals who had made significant contributions to college football.

    “The opportunity to celebrate the 150th anniversary of college football with our member institutions is exciting. Recognizing many of the key contributors who are synonymous with the PSAC is a great way to highlight our great history and to allow our membership to celebrate this commemorative event,” said PSAC Commissioner Steve Murray. “Like anything, the debate of who should be included will be fun, but talking about the storied history of football in our conference is what we wanted and what I’m sure we will get.”

    To determine the formation of the final 150, guidelines were put in place to have representation from each submitting institution. A committee comprised of seven former sports information directors then made selections to finalize the PSAC’s 150 Contributors.

    Slippery Rock led the list with 12 representatives. West Chester, Millersville, Bloomsburg, Shippensburg, Edinboro, Clarion and California boasted double-digit representatives.

    https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...54f5bcf91.html
    Weird to have Shepherd people listed when they haven't played a down in the conference and Mansfield shown when they dropped football eons ago, but Cheyney people not listed. It was setup as representatives "from each current member institution", but they missed several influential PSAC performers. Off the top of my head - Andre Waters, James "Big Cat" Williams, Isaiah Fleming, Tim Hume, Ronald Curry.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,594
    Rep Power
    70932

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    Weird to have Shepherd people listed when they haven't played a down in the conference and Mansfield shown when they dropped football eons ago, but Cheyney people not listed. It was setup as representatives "from each current member institution", but they missed several influential PSAC performers. Off the top of my head - Andre Waters, James "Big Cat" Williams, Isaiah Fleming, Tim Hume, Ronald Curry.
    Also Bo Napoleon.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    837
    Rep Power
    7025

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Yes they did from what I had heard... but I think he needed to get his grades in order so was a possibility that he'd sit out 2019 and play for Shepherd in 2020.
    I notice on his twitter account that someone stated he will be coming to their alma mater, which is Shepherd. Excellent pickup.

  20. #20

    Default Re: PSAC Media Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    Weird to have Shepherd people listed when they haven't played a down in the conference and Mansfield shown when they dropped football eons ago, but Cheyney people not listed. It was setup as representatives "from each current member institution", but they missed several influential PSAC performers. Off the top of my head - Andre Waters, James "Big Cat" Williams, Isaiah Fleming, Tim Hume, Ronald Curry.
    It seems heavily weighted to the past 40 years, and not reflective of a sesquicentennial list. Players from Bloom who could have been added included George Chaump, Eric Jonassen, Robert Lang, and Rich Lichtel. I am not sure how Matt Feiler beats any of those out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •