Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Commerce Football

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Commerce Football

Quote Originally Posted by LionFan View Post
    This is the one I was referring too.
    Hope he has learned. Was a 4 star recruit in HS....had both academic & off field trouble that cost him a shot at UCLA. Then off to JUCO he went....then to Marshall where he had more issues. Now at TAMUC.

BEST OF LUCK to him. He is REALLY physically talented.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Looks like he has 2 yrs eligibility. Was a 3 star kid out of HS. I expect we make a good deep run this year and might be ready to win it all next if he learns and grows into what he is capable of.
    Talent wise TAMUC should stack up with anyone in the conference. Getting the expected results well......

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Talent wise TAMUC should stack up with anyone in the country. Getting the expected results well......
    Fixed it for ya.

Looks like players report this weekend, scrimmages on the 17th and 24th

It was good to see them out there on the new turf this morning.

Nice little synopsis of the QB situations in the LSC.

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

7. Default Re: Commerce Football

Quote Originally Posted by Mattportman View Post
    Nice little synopsis of the QB situations in the LSC.

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

Pretty generic and doesn't take into account several transfers. What exactly did he reveal about Commerce? Nothing.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by JavsFan View Post
    Pretty generic and doesn't take into account several transfers. What exactly did he reveal about Commerce? Nothing.
    It's a 3 horse race in Commerce, but I think Smalls is a Bailiff guy and will get the nod. I think he wants a mobile qb with a run oriented offense, opposed to the Colby air it out approach.
    Both Wheeler and Palacios are Colby type pass first QBs, but with the defense we have this season I bet we go with a more grinding, methodical ground based offense.

It's a 3 horse race in Commerce, but I think Smalls is a Bailiff guy and will get the nod. I think he wants a mobile qb with a run oriented offense, opposed to the Colby air it out approach.
    Both Wheeler and Palacios are Colby type pass first QBs, but with the defense we have this season I bet we go with a more grinding, methodical ground based offense.
    Thanks for letting the Lion out of the bag so to speak. I definitely was thinking limited spread offense with Bailiff. He is NOT creative on offense very predictable from his days at Rice.

So, how does a spread offense become a dominant running team?

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Thanks for letting the Lion out of the bag so to speak. I definitely was thinking limited spread offense with Bailiff. He is NOT creative on offense very predictable from his days at Rice.

So, how does a spread offense become a dominant running team?
    I guess we will see. 2 returning junior 2 yr starter RBS in Hale, Thompson, and and some interesting newbies. Large and deep TEs, and a bunch of upperclassmen WRs. We should be ready to wreck people on offense and shut them down on defense. Ball control will be the order of the day this year.

12. Default Re: Commerce Football

That's my point. You have insight, whereas the article did not. All it said was no Kane Wilson. Nothing about Smalls or even Preston Wheeler. Just a fly-by with not real effort put in.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by JavsFan View Post
    That's my point. You have insight, whereas the article did not. All it said was no Kane Wilson. Nothing about Smalls or even Preston Wheeler. Just a fly-by with not real effort put in.
    Considering the definition of synopsis is, “a brief summary or general survey of something“ I would say the article was on point. Nobody said the article gave great insight or a a complete breakdown of each team’s QB situation. If Javs fan would like to give a breakdown of the pigs QB situation or lack thereof, I would at least skim over it. I just think it’s a tip of the hat to the conference anytime DCTF takes the time to write anything about the LSC.

14. Default Re: Commerce Football

Considering the definition of synopsis is, “a brief summary or general survey of something“ I would say the article was on point. Nobody said the article gave great insight or a a complete breakdown of each team’s QB situation. If Javs fan would like to give a breakdown of the pigs QB situation or lack thereof, I would at least skim over it. I just think it’s a tip of the hat to the conference anytime DCTF takes the time to write anything about the LSC.
    Your post said synopsis. The actual title of the article was
    Evaluating every Lone Star Conference quarterback situation

I guess we will see. 2 returning junior 2 yr starter RBS in Hale, Thompson, and and some interesting newbies. Large and deep TEs, and a bunch of upperclassmen WRs. We should be ready to wreck people on offense and shut them down on defense. Ball control will be the order of the day this year.
    Which is it?

Why the nasty tone in your above response?? GEEZ-US!!!

Now living about 30 mins or less from TAMUC, hoping to catch a few home games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Now living about 30 mins or less from TAMUC, hoping to catch a few home games this season.
    How'd the move go? Strange not being in Allen?

Where'd you move to?

Why the nasty tone in your above response?? GEEZ-US!!!
    No tone, my sarcasm will grow on you. Welcome to the area, look forward to having you in Commerce, America a few times this Fall.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast