Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 NSIC Pre-Season

Contribute to D2

Default Re: 2019 NSIC Pre-Season

It will depend on how good the WRs can play. The only part of there game that I dont really have a clue about. QB is good RBs are experienced just a matter of the WRs showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Your right, thank you for calling me out. I do remember they had a lot of key injuries on the defensive side of the ball. To be fair, I said I didn’t know all that much about them and that you can never count out a team coached by Sawyer. How well do you think the offense will do?
    Please don't think of it as a Call Out. I hope it can be a conversation with a new friend.

Blog Entries

For preview purposes....any teams missing key players that we'd assumed were returning? I will find out more when I confer with coaches in a few weeks, but figure I'll inquire here.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by Winona_20_20DB View Post
    Please don't think of it as a Call Out. I hope it can be a conversation with a new friend.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzuRXLzqKk

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Thanks that made my day. Glad to be a part of the NSIC

Quote Originally Posted by Winona_20_20DB View Post
    Thanks that made my day. Glad to be a part of the NSIC

Me too!

Blog Entries

It would seem that top performing frosh from a year ago, Marcus Haskins (CSP) was looking to head to Iowa State (per his twitter a few months ago)..but now says Iowa Western Juco..a school often used as a platform to eventually land at a D1 school. Marcus had 9 picks a year ago and got some All American honors. FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    It would seem that top performing frosh from a year ago, Marcus Haskins (CSP) was looking to head to Iowa State (per his twitter a few months ago)..but now says Iowa Western Juco..a school often used as a platform to eventually land at a D1 school. Marcus had 9 picks a year ago and got some All American honors. FYI.
    CSP has had some very good athletes in recent years but as a team they can’t seem to put it all together... I don’t get it. I mean the coaching personnel is pretty good from what I hear.

This came out last year. Thought it was interesting.

http://footballscoop.com/news/defini...ools-nickname/

The definitive, authoritative and completely correct ranking of every Division II school’s nickname
    By Zach Barnett - July 20, 2018
    Share Tweet
    Brad Pitt sent me a DM the other day. Said he loved my FBS and FCS nickname rankings, but that I didn’t have the guts to rank each Division II nickname. Even bet his next paycheck that I wouldn’t do it.

None of that is true, but we’re going to rank the Division II nicknames anyway.

To give you a quick refresher from last week’s rankings, the criteria is simple. I judge each nickname on two factors:

Originality: The nickname is each team’s best shot at branding itself. What sets your team apart from everyone else? Why are you unique? Anyone can slap a stereotypically fearsome nicknames on themselves like the Tigers or the Lions can call themselves strong. News flash: You’re not. Know what takes true strength to choose as your school’s symbol? A turtle.

Versaility: A distinctive nickname is good. Know what’s even better? A nickname to the nickname, like how the Green Bay Packers are also known as the Pack, the San Francisco 49ers are known as the Niners, the Golden State Warriors as Dubs, and so on.

Northern Sun
    1. Upper Iowa Peacocks — As always, anyone can be the Falcons or the Eagles. It takes real strength to be the Peacocks. Although I don’t imagine this nickname gets shortened quite as often as others.
    2. Mary Marauders
    3(a). Bemidji State Beavers
    3(b). Minot State Beavers
    5. Minnesota State-Mankato Mavericks
    6. Minnesota State-Moorhead Dragons
    7. Sioux Falls Cougars
    8. Augustana Vikings
    9. Southwest Minnesota State Mustangs
    10. Concordia-St. Paul Golden Bears
    11. Northern State Wolves
    12. Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs
    13. Winona State Warriors
    14. St. Cloud State Huskies
    15. Wayne State Wildcats
    16. Minnesota-Crookston Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    This came out last year. Thought it was interesting.

http://footballscoop.com/news/defini...ools-nickname/

The definitive, authoritative and completely correct ranking of every Division II school’s nickname
    By Zach Barnett - July 20, 2018
    Share Tweet
    Brad Pitt sent me a DM the other day. Said he loved my FBS and FCS nickname rankings, but that I didn’t have the guts to rank each Division II nickname. Even bet his next paycheck that I wouldn’t do it.

None of that is true, but we’re going to rank the Division II nicknames anyway.

To give you a quick refresher from last week’s rankings, the criteria is simple. I judge each nickname on two factors:

Originality: The nickname is each team’s best shot at branding itself. What sets your team apart from everyone else? Why are you unique? Anyone can slap a stereotypically fearsome nicknames on themselves like the Tigers or the Lions can call themselves strong. News flash: You’re not. Know what takes true strength to choose as your school’s symbol? A turtle.

Versaility: A distinctive nickname is good. Know what’s even better? A nickname to the nickname, like how the Green Bay Packers are also known as the Pack, the San Francisco 49ers are known as the Niners, the Golden State Warriors as Dubs, and so on.

Northern Sun
    1. Upper Iowa Peacocks — As always, anyone can be the Falcons or the Eagles. It takes real strength to be the Peacocks. Although I don’t imagine this nickname gets shortened quite as often as others.
    2. Mary Marauders
    3(a). Bemidji State Beavers
    3(b). Minot State Beavers
    5. Minnesota State-Mankato Mavericks
    6. Minnesota State-Moorhead Dragons
    7. Sioux Falls Cougars
    8. Augustana Vikings
    9. Southwest Minnesota State Mustangs
    10. Concordia-St. Paul Golden Bears
    11. Northern State Wolves
    12. Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs
    13. Winona State Warriors
    14. St. Cloud State Huskies
    15. Wayne State Wildcats
    16. Minnesota-Crookston Eagles
    War Damn GOLDEN Eagles....details you clown...haha

First day of fall camp! Anyone got anything who could be a big time player this year that we may not know about? Who’s pumped that D2 football is back!

12. Default Re: 2019 NSIC Pre-Season

Domin has been moved to the d-line.

Blog Entries

Camp has begun for everyone this week....just about everyone started yesterday..a few others Tues/Wed.

I'm setting up my calls with coaches this week for the preview. Just an FYI....I'm in the middle of a move (all within Sioux Falls)..so my time is a bit more limited in the coming weeks/months than in the past. That said, I will still be getting a preview out before the season begins..but expect my work to be a little more condensed than in the past. (most of you are probably more than ok with not getting a novel weekly..haha)

I will also tweet out updates on gameday as I see them..as I attend games as my schedule allows. I coach my boys in football..so attending games can be hit/miss due to their schedules.

My twitter is..

Matt Witwicki
    @WittD2Football

14. Default Re: 2019 NSIC Pre-Season

Camp has begun for everyone this week....just about everyone started yesterday..a few others Tues/Wed.

I'm setting up my calls with coaches this week for the preview. Just an FYI....I'm in the middle of a move (all within Sioux Falls)..so my time is a bit more limited in the coming weeks/months than in the past. That said, I will still be getting a preview out before the season begins..but expect my work to be a little more condensed than in the past. (most of you are probably more than ok with not getting a novel weekly..haha)

I will also tweet out updates on gameday as I see them..as I attend games as my schedule allows. I coach my boys in football..so attending games can be hit/miss due to their schedules.

My twitter is..

Matt Witwicki
    @WittD2Football

Blog Entries

I missed this back in the spring..

https://www.inforum.com/sports/footb...-due-to-injury

Nice write up in the American News on preseason (something we haven't had in quite awhile). Biggest thing of note is Dosch saying Hunter is coming off surgery and should be back in the next couple of days. Allison and Fahrman (who got hurt last year and were able to come back) "are getting close".

Eek...

My twitter is..

Matt Witwicki
    @WittD2Football
    Follow Wick on Twitter. you learn a lot about NSIC football

18. Default Re: 2019 NSIC Pre-Season

Quote Originally Posted by MrMustang View Post
    I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMustang View Post
    I'd rather follow Witt, he's a better follow