Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Compughterratings

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Compughterratings

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblood2003 View Post
    What a loss for WT. Houghtling really was a kid that gave you 110% . Great kid off the field as well. Know this first hand, as my son was roommates with him going into the 2016-17 school year. Hughes ran my son off with his hard ball tactics, but Coach Lee and ENMU had faith in him....last season 28-0 at the bro..my son, NOAH SWEITZER LSC PLAYER OF THE WEEK!! #ENMUALLDAYERRYDAY #NMADE
    Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblood2003 View Post
    What a loss for WT. Houghtling really was a kid that gave you 110% . Great kid off the field as well. Know this first hand, as my son was roommates with him going into the 2016-17 school year. Hughes ran my son off with his hard ball tactics, but Coach Lee and ENMU had faith in him....last season 28-0 at the bro..my son, NOAH SWEITZER LSC PLAYER OF THE WEEK!! #ENMUALLDAYERRYDAY #NMADE
    Not sure this guy will ever be successful. Not going to bowl game last year was a morale killer also. Not surprised your son embarrassed him in his own backyard. I’m sure there was a lot of motivation going back to Canyon. Sometimes the players who do everything right aren’t the most talented and there has to be a balance as to how you manage your team. He is still a work in progress. And WT fans are enjoying the growing pains.

For what it’s worth Compughter Ratings predicts Tarleton to beat Stephen F Austin. If this happens I can just hear all whining from people I know that are SFA grads. They have already told themselves it’s s possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    For what it’s worth Compughter Ratings predicts Tarleton to beat Stephen F Austin. If this happens I can just hear all whining from people I know that are SFA grads. They have already told themselves it’s s possibility.
    Nah not even close. Carthel magic strikes again in year 1. They've picked up a ton of talent and recently got the RB Ward who transferred out of Tech in the Spring. I expect them to be a really good team

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    I think this is a big loss for the Buffs. Perez might fit Brown's offense....not sure about the others.
    I ran into a friend who just talked with Perez. Perez said he's reporting at 6'5 249 lbs. That sounds heavy, but, Dak Prescott is 6'2 and 235, so 249 and 6'5 is in order.

I again went back and rematched Perez' HS video. He's mobile. He ran for over 1,300 yards and passed for about 1,100 his senior year. It depends a lot on what kind of offense WT OC Jake Brown wants to run. Gerber could be the pro set drop back QB with some ability to scramble. Perez could fit into a more run-oriented offense. I could see Perez being effective in a triple option type offense with Carter, Vallo behind him using the run to set up the pass.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-12-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Nah not even close. Carthel magic strikes again in year 1. They've picked up a ton of talent and recently got the RB Ward who transferred out of Tech in the Spring. I expect them to be a really good team
    He should do better at the FCS level. Good luck to him. I don’t see him as a game breaker just more of a compliment to what you have. Wells wants more physical RBs from what I was told and he doesn’t fit that mode.

My oldest appears to be possibly headed to SFA next year, it'd be fun to watch another run there

Bro, SFA was 2-8 in the Southland last year.....it doesn't get much worse than that.

Tarleton wins this big, if not, it will end every squeak about them moving up.....and makes me second guess if the program has turned around or just had a "wonder year".

Bro, SFA was 2-8 in the Southland last year.....it doesn't get much worse than that.

Tarleton wins this big, if not, it will end every squeak about them moving up.....and makes me second guess if the program has turned around or just had a "wonder year".
    In that case, I am definitely pulling for SFA!

I’m not sure Tarleton wins this one. I think it’s going to be close.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    In that case, I am definitely pulling for SFA!

12. Default Re: Compughterratings

Colby will have the Jacks competing at a higher level. Should be able to beat TSU in Nacogdoches.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    Colby will have the Jacks competing at a higher level. Should be able to beat TSU in Nacogdoches.
    I dont doubt it. He turned a 1-9 Commerce team into a 7-4 team with a bowl bid and he did it with about 2 weeks recruiting time.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    I dont doubt it. He turned a 1-9 Commerce team into a 7-4 team with a bowl bid and he did it with about 2 weeks recruiting time.
    One thing to consider imo Baylor is going to lay the wood to SFASU prior to the Tarleton game. So, confidence will be a question mark for the Lumberjacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    No doubt.....but give Colby some time...haha. i know he has the top FCS recruiting class in the country, but give them one full year at least.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    This is true. BUT this is about TARLETON, not Colby. If Tarleton is ready for the Southland, as they say, then they should be able to beat a lower level Southland team who was 2-8. Right??

One thing to consider imo Baylor is going to lay the wood to SFASU prior to the Tarleton game. So, confidence will be a question mark for the Lumberjacks.
    Good point Techster!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123