Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Compughterratings

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Compughterratings

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    That's interesting that you or should I say Hughes has come full circle. Doesn't sound like the same HC who ran everyone and his brother off when he first got there. Never made an attempt to work with the talent he had. My way or the Highway. My way is just about to get shown the highway if things don't improve drastically.
    It's called two years experience as a HC under your belt. I'm sure he evaluated the direction of the program, a direction he set it off on, and realized change was required. You have to win. You can't wait 5 years to become the 3 yards and a cloud of dust dominant team. You'll never get there if you don't win.......NOW. Win now. Win now. Win now. That's what Hughes needs to do. Hopefully his staff changes will get it done. NOW.

That's interesting that you or should I say Hughes has come full circle. Doesn't sound like the same HC who ran everyone and his brother off when he first got there. Never made an attempt to work with the talent he had. My way or the Highway. My way is just about to get shown the highway if things don't improve drastically.
    Perhaps he simply ran off those not willing to put in the work required and he now doesn't have that problem.

I could see them coming out with a copy of MSU's offense before Rabb, more like the Polk and Kelsey Era's. Sort of like what Angelo ran with Kyle Washington.

- Solid Oline
    - Tough RBs
    - Mobile Fast QBs
    - Only need to be able to throw the ball Max 10 yards

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Perhaps he simply ran off those not willing to put in the work required and he now doesn't have that problem.
    Agreed. Some probably had gotten used to the way things were and needed to go.

Unfortunately, he took it to the next level and pushed a lot out the door that were willing to work. Others he simply never gave them a real opportunity because they were left over from Nesbitt.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    I could see them coming out with a copy of MSU's offense before Rabb, more like the Polk and Kelsey Era's. Sort of like what Angelo ran with Kyle Washington.

- Solid Oline
    - Tough RBs
    - Mobile Fast QBs

That sounds like a good way to move the chains. I bet the WT D continues to improve. It was pretty decent last year, Tarleton and ENM exepted.

If WT can average 10 more points per game, they should win 8 games.

Unfortunately, he took it to the next level and pushed a lot out the door that were willing to work. Others he simply never gave them a real opportunity because they were left over from Nesbitt.
    I think you are correct. Does anyone think that Houghtaling is better than Brinkley or Arbuckle?

Hopefully some experience has helped him find that balance. I know he was very difficult to work with/for in the past which is never going to lead to success as a HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Hopefully some experience has helped him find that balance. I know he was very difficult to work with/for in the past which is never going to lead to success as a HC.
    From my observations he has relaxed quite a bit. Of course I'm not in meetings and at all the practices

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post

- Solid Oline
    - Tough RBs
    - Mobile Fast QBs
    You just described the Cowboys' offense in the Prescott era.

Quote Originally Posted by '89HOG View Post
    You just described the Cowboys' offense in the Prescott era.
    Recent playoff records are about the same....oh wait I'm not supposed to say that.

Go Stangs

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I expect more of a pro-style offense. We've got some young receivers with deep threat capabilities. I still believe a mobile QB will really open up the offense. That isn't Houghtaling. Maybe Gerber. Maybe the Perez kid. He's back after missing spring. He's very mobile )and big) but may not have the arm strength of Gerber. Since Hughes is safe this year, should he roll the dice on a three year Gerber and go with him? Or hang with Hoiughtaling. It should be a heck of a QB battle in fall practice.

If Carter and Valo are healthy, and throw in Texas transfer Prince Ugwo, who had a very good spring, our RB position will be a highlight. Still it all comes back to the big boys up front. If they don't control the LOS we'll struggle. The new OC can help with that by plays that get rid of the ball quick. mu;title looks, quick hitters, things that never happened with the old OC.
    Houghtaling is no longer on the roster so I guess he moved on. Hood is back and definitely not mobile. So hopefully it'll be Perez or Gerber to get the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    That is the stock answer given by EVERY OC from middle school to the pros. Hahaha.

Do you think any OC thinks he is bad and his system sucks? Never heard that in my life. They are ALL innovative...on the edge...new and exciting.....UNTIL they are not.

Good luck, Brown is as green as they come. Wish him the best.
    Quit ruining the optimism Pops, we need it here in Canyon. It's like every recruiting cycle was the best one ever, every year for every coach

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Houghtaling is no longer on the roster so I guess he moved on. Hood is back and definitely not mobile. So hopefully it'll be Perez or Gerber to get the nod.
    I hadn't noticed Houghtaling was not on the roster. I agree about Gerber or Perez. Perez is a big boy, 6'4 220. I watched his HS stuff several times. I'd say he has an average arm. However, he runs like a back, a big mobile back. If i remember correctly he came from a run heavy high school that went to the semifinals. Perez had over 1000 yards passing and rushing. Definitely a dual threat QB. Gerber's not as big, 6' 175 but has a very good arm and is able to scramble when needed. Hood's not mobile. Will his arm finally shine? What about the freshman Cameron Griffin, 6'1 190, from Glen Rose. He looks skilled. Good passer, able to pull it down and scramble.

I'm guessing Gerber gets the nod.

It'll be interesting.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 07-26-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I hadn't noticed Houghtaling was not on the roster. I agree about Gerber or Perez. Perez is a big boy, 6'4 220. I watched his HS stuff several times. I'd say he has an average arm. However, he runs like a back, a big mobile back. If i remember correctly he came from a run heavy high school that went to the semifinals. Perez had over 1000 yards passing and rushing. Definitely a dual threat QB. Gerber's not as big, 6' 175 but has a very good arm and is able to scramble when needed. Hood's not mobile. Will his arm finally shine? What about the freshman Cameron Griffin, 6'1 190, from Glen Rose. He looks skilled. Good passer, able to pull it down and scramble.

I'm guessing Gerber gets the nod.

It'll be interesting.
    So he was on there up until a few days ago. I had seen a picture of the QBs at a get together with Coach Brown on Twitter and noticed Houghtaling wasn't in it so I looked at the roster. Personally, I think it's Gerber's to lose based on Hood's lack of success blast year and Perez being gone in the spring.

Houghtaling is no longer on the roster so I guess he moved on.
    Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!

Seriously, the kid gave 110%, was a good leader and is very bright. I wish him the best.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post

Seriously, the kid gave 110%, was a good leader and is very bright. I wish him the best.
    I think this is a big loss for the Buffs. Perez might fit Brown's offense....not sure about the others.

Has he shown up anywhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Has he shown up anywhere else?
    I googled earlier today but didn't get any hits at other schools. I wouldn't be surprised if he did though

19. Default Re: Compughterratings

From my observations he has relaxed quite a bit. Of course I'm not in meetings and at all the practices
    I bet Coach Hughes is not as vocal as was the late Jolly Joe Kerbel.

20. Default Re: Compughterratings

Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post

What a loss for WT. Houghtling really was a kid that gave you 110% . Great kid off the field as well. Know this first hand, as my son was roommates with him going into the 2016-17 school year. Hughes ran my son off with his hard ball tactics, but Coach Lee and ENMU had faith in him....last season 28-0 at the bro..my son, NOAH SWEITZER LSC PLAYER OF THE WEEK!! #ENMUALLDAYERRYDAY #NMADE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast