Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Angelo State Football

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Angelo State Football

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    I think it will make things interesting.

Have you seen him play?

ADDITION: I think with Kevin Kilmer's new offense, Garrett could be a weapon for sure.

I just think it could be real.interesting.
    Outside of spring scrimmages and mop up duty, no I haven't seen much. He has a good arm and good size from what I have seen. Just didn't know if he'd be able to come right in and take over. I'll find some clips to watch

I think it will make things interesting.

Have you seen him play?

ADDITION: I think with Kevin Kilmer's new offense, Garrett could be a weapon for sure.

I just think it could be real.interesting.

Remember, Kilmer only has D1 experience since he started coaching in '07. Not only has he worked under Leach, Tuberville and Kingsbury, but he was along side OU's OC Lincoln Riley.

Gonna be fun if all the pieces come together.
    So explosive offense, non-existent defense.

OT

A lot of today's youth are rather useless. Some attempted to wrap our house last night. They were to lazy to toss it on the roof or into the trees. They just threw the rolls out on the ground but didn't bother to unroll it. There were four rolls and about 20 feet of loose paper.

To make things worse, they were to lazy to go to the dollar store and buy the cheap stuff. Looked like they stole their parents high end 2 ply stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    So explosive offense, non-existent defense.
    Guess you will see how non-existent the defense is soon.

In 2018 Angelo had the #2 Run Defense....they just couldn't do cr@p against the pass. I believe you will see a huge difference this season. That really was the main thing that stopped Angelo from competing for the conference ship.

Let's see what happens THIS year.

But it DOESN'T sub Wt for Angelo.

Gee everyone already knows that the Buffoons are better than any other program on earth and are gonna win a Natty this year!!
    This belongs in the WBB thread.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

In 2018 Angelo had the #2 Run Defense....they just couldn't do cr@p against the pass. I believe you will see a huge difference this season. That really was the main thing that stopped Angelo from competing for the conference ship.

That was more a statement on Techs defense. I'd say going. 500 was the main problem.

ASU's problems recently have been and will continue to be Quarterback development along with playing the right one. It doesn't help that they hired an OC who has very limited QB coaching experience. I'll take a wait and see approach to this year because I haven't been overly impressed with Kilmer thus far.

In 2018 Angelo had the #2 Run Defense....they just couldn't do cr@p against the pass. [B]I believe you will see a huge difference this season.[/B] That really was the main thing that stopped Angelo from competing for the conference ship.

Yeah, Pops things are always better at the start of the season. For you I hope its better season but I have my doubts. Things didn't wholesale change there just trying to plug a few holes and that may be the real problem.
    Last edited by Techster88; 08-14-2019 at 02:06 PM. Reason: a

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Yeah, Pops things are always better at the start of the season. For you I hope its better season but I have my doubts.
    Hope springs eternal until the games start.

Will Wagner is now a "defensive analyst" at ACU

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Yeah, Pops things are always better at the start of the season. For you I hope its better season but I have my doubts. Things didn't wholesale change there just trying to plug a few holes and that may be the real problem.
    Will that decision be genius or dumbazz? We shall see.

As far as hoping for me....nah...no need. My team will be in a D1 top bowl AGAIN. But as far as LSC, I would like to see Angelo win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by CatTrax View Post
    Will Wagner is now a "defensive analyst" at ACU
    I am glad he landed somewhere close. Wag is an awesome guy.

Personally, I think Wag would be a great HS HC. His heart is in the right place as is his perspective. But his traits are not a good match for this dog eat dog world of NCAA. He would do a lot of good and properly mentor a lot of guys in HS. He could make a real difference.

I am glad he landed somewhere close. Wag is an awesome guy.

Personally, I think Wag would be a great HS HC. His heart is in the right place as is his perspective. But his traits are not a good match for this dog eat dog world of NCAA. He would do a lot of good and properly mentor a lot of guys in HS. He could make a real difference.
    Couldn't agree more with this sentiment! Great guy, seemed to have good knowledge, but just didn't have the fire needed to be a top dog at this level.

Will that decision be genius or dumbazz? We shall see.

As far as hoping for me....nah...no need. My team will be in a D1 top bowl AGAIN. But as far as LSC, I would like to see Angelo win it all.
    You really believe Norte Dame will get back to playoffs again? Gotcha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123