Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: GSC Pick'em

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Valdosta, GA.
    Posts
    38,015
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default GSC Pick'em

    Well, it will not be long now before the season starts and time to think about the Pick'em.

    Would anyone like to coordinate the Pick'em this year? It would be nice if someone would catch the pass and run with it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cumming, Ga
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    413612

    Default Re: GSC Pick'em

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazerLady View Post
    Well, it will not be long now before the season starts and time to think about the Pick'em.

    Would anyone like to coordinate the Pick'em this year? It would be nice if someone would catch the pass and run with it.
    AH, NO! You ARE The PICK-EM PRO, and that's about the end of this conversation.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    4,879
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GSC Pick'em

    Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    AH, NO! You ARE The PICK-EM PRO, and that's about the end of this conversation.
    Yes Mr. Larold, I agree. I had to take algebra 3x times to pass. Plus I am Dx with A.D.D., color blind and dyslexic.
    It would be a bloody mess with me. You're right. She is the Queen of Guess. :)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cleveland,MS
    Posts
    2,601
    Rep Power
    39773

    Default Re: GSC Pick'em

    I am a retired elementary teacher. I wish I could help but can’t even do that. You are probably the only one that qualifies. I appreciate you

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    4,879
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GSC Pick'em

    Quote Originally Posted by delta dawn View Post
    ...... I appreciate you
    We all do !!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Valdosta, GA.
    Posts
    38,015
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GSC Pick'em

    Quote Originally Posted by delta dawn View Post
    I am a retired elementary teacher. I wish I could help but can’t even do that. You are probably the only one that qualifies. I appreciate you
    Thanks DD. Non of us are getting any younger around here. Time for the younger folks to take over.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cumming, Ga
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    413612

    Default Re: GSC Pick'em

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazerLady View Post
    Thanks DD. Non of us are getting any younger around here. Time for the younger folks to take over.
    It's like the Bar Sign that says "Free Beer Tomorrow" Someone will take it off your hands "NEXT YEAR"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Valdosta, GA.
    Posts
    38,015
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GSC Pick'em

    Quote Originally Posted by BlazerLady View Post
    Well, it will not be long now before the season starts and time to think about the Pick'em.

    Would anyone like to coordinate the Pick'em this year? It would be nice if someone would catch the pass and run with it.
    Really need someone to step in and do the Pick'em.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    5,886
    Rep Power
    276400

    Default

    I've had interest in the past but I know I will start skipping once UWG loses it's first game so better someone else.

  10. Default Re: GSC Pick'em

    Hi All,

    I hear you, Sounds like you hope/wish to find a replacement. Wish I could, I'm dumber than a rock, if I could I would.
    Y'all can see she has asked more than once, Please, someone take the torch and run with it, Thank you BlazerLady for all you have done...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Valdosta, GA.
    Posts
    38,015
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GSC Pick'em

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterwolf View Post
    Hi All,

    I hear you, Sounds like you hope/wish to find a replacement. Wish I could, I'm dumber than a rock, if I could I would.
    Y'all can see she has asked more than once, Please, someone take the torch and run with it, Thank you BlazerLady for all you have done...
    Thanks! And thanks to all who have sent messages.

    If no one else wants to handle it, you know I will be glad to. I would hate for the forum not to have a Pick'em and am still hoping that someone out there has a burning desire to take it on. Will be glad to help you set things up!


    So, it is like this. If I do the Pick'em a couple of things will change: (1) Picks will need to be posted by Friday morning and not Friday night(Thurs - if a Thurs game). (2) Weekly results will not be posted until Monday or maybe even Tuesday depending on my schedule. Time will be an issue for me in the coming months, so a lot more cooperation from everyone would be great!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,357
    Rep Power
    296249

    Default Re: GSC Pick'em

    BlazerLady,

    You have done a fantastic job in running the season's Pick'ems, and have set a super high standard as compared to other forums. I can understand the hesitancy in anyone attempting to possibly step into your shoes. With that being said, we all appreciate all of the time and dedication you've put into it, and can fully understand your request in saying it's about time for someone else to take the reins. Hopefully a dedicated GSC Football Fan with some time will step up and follow your guidance in transitioning into the new GSC Pick'ems Director / Boss.

    I hope you have a great Football season.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Valdosta, GA.
    Posts
    38,015
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GSC Pick'em

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle74 View Post
    BlazerLady,

    You have done a fantastic job in running the season's Pick'ems, and have set a super high standard as compared to other forums. I can understand the hesitancy in anyone attempting to possibly step into your shoes. With that being said, we all appreciate all of the time and dedication you've put into it, and can fully understand your request in saying it's about time for someone else to take the reins. Hopefully a dedicated GSC Football Fan with some time will step up and follow your guidance in transitioning into the new GSC Pick'ems Director / Boss.

    I hope you have a great Football season.
    For real. You really don't have to do anything fancy with it. I just did because I had the time to do it.
    Last edited by BlazerLady; 08-14-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •