Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PSAC East 2019

Contribute to D2

Default Re: PSAC East 2019

Quote Originally Posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    That's pretty harsh. Ship is going to have the ability to score on anyone. They'll be hard-pressed to reach 5-1, but 4-2 is very possible as a best-case scenario.
    SRU will be targeting them from last year. CAL has 17 starters back from last year's 57-14 winner. So 4 wins means prevailing @SHEP and WCU @ Seth Grove ? Color me skeptical.

2. Default Re: PSAC East 2019

SHIP has the most difficult early schedule in the PASAC - if they can be 4-2- they will win the EAST

3. Default Re: PSAC East 2019

Quote Originally Posted by TJ85 View Post
    I predict Shepherd has a tough first season adjusting to having to play decent teams in the regular season. I say 7-4. Maybe 8-3
    I’d agree with 8-3.

4. Default Re: PSAC East 2019

Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    SRU will be targeting them from last year. CAL has 17 starters back from last year's 57-14 winner. So 4 wins means prevailing @SHEP and WCU @ Seth Grove ? Color me skeptical.
    Everyone says it is hard to play at Seth Grove stadium, I think everyone is overhyping it, IUP came in there for the PSAC championship and totally dominated in 2017.

Skeptical sure, but that's the entire premise of the best-case scenario. Everything has to go pretty much perfectly. If it does, Shippensburg can win at Shepherd and at home against West Chester.

SRU will be targeting them from last year.
    But it wasn't Ship's fault that Shawn Lutz ... well ... you know ...

Seriously, though, I have no freakin' idea how this season goes. I know Ship will score with that passing game. I don't know if they can stop anybody. We'll see.

Article with WCU's Bill Zwaan. Interesting that he admitted to underestimating New Haven last year, seems like they thought they could walk over them. WCU has had too much success in recent history for me to call them anything but the favorites right now, but they're certainly going to be vulnerable to some losses if they can't retool their defense well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    1. Shepherd- Hopefully line play is up to snuff. I think offensively they are going to put up points on everyone, defense had a lot of young players and should be greatly improved. Rams to the south take it in the first year. QB's are supposed to be the program changers, and Shepherd might have their best one yet going into his 2nd year.
    2. West Chester
    3. Kutztown
    4. Shippensburg
    5. Bloomsburg
    6. ESU
    7. Lock Haven
    8. Millersville
    Just saw via Twitter that Former Maryland DT Adam McLean is now officially a Shepherd Rams. Very good pick up for the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Just saw via Twitter that Former Maryland DT Adam McLean is now officially a Shepherd Rams. Very good pick up for the Rams.
    Very good pick up and he was a starter on the DL for Maryland last year which makes it all the more interesting that he ended up at Shepherd a D2 program when he could have transfered as a graduate student to another FBS program if he indeed finished his undergrad studies, or to a FCS program like JMU while not having to sit out a year....

Quote Originally Posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    Very good pick up and he was a starter on the DL for Maryland last year which makes it all the more interesting that he ended up at Shepherd a D2 program when he could have transfered as a graduate student to another FBS program if he indeed finished his undergrad studies, or to a FCS program like JMU while not having to sit out a year....

Here is the tweet from the former 4-Star recruit:

https://twitter.com/GodsGift_42/stat...47944978370560

I am guessing McLean likes his chances of starting and being very productive, which will create more interest from the NFL than going to another FBS or a FCS program.
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 08-17-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Article with WCU's Bill Zwaan. Interesting that he admitted to underestimating New Haven last year, seems like they thought they could walk over them. WCU has had too much success in recent history for me to call them anything but the favorites right now, but they're certainly going to be vulnerable to some losses if they can't retool their defense well enough.
    Not sure he said that. That appeared to be more a comment by a couple of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    Not sure he said that. That appeared to be more a comment by a couple of players.
    Thanks Horror Child. I read the article was thinking the same thing.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

Coincidentally, the last time Shepherd picked up a Maryland DT transfer with playing experience, the Rams went to the championship game. Isiah Ross
    McLean represents that interior force Shepherd needs to force teams to run east/ west.

Quote Originally Posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post
    Coincidentally, the last time Shepherd picked up a Maryland DT transfer with playing experience, the Rams went to the championship game. Isiah Ross
    McLean represents that interior force Shepherd needs to force teams to run east/ west.
    If Shepherd's running game improves from last season, I believe they can be in the PSAC Championship game.

“When you lose like that (in the playoffs), it leaves a sour taste in your mouth,” said senior defensive end Ch’Aim Smith. “We have to push a little harder.

“The mistake we made was we underestimated (New Haven). We started the season hungry, but we became complacent and we can’t let that happen again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    You're right, I missed the part where other players were being quoted. Thanks.

The Shepherd pickup is impressive; as time goes on I find myself leaning more and more on the side of Shepherd being the favorites in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Iupcheerleader88 View Post
    Everyone says it is hard to play at Seth Grove stadium, I think everyone is overhyping it, IUP came in there for the PSAC championship and totally dominated in 2017.
    That was 2013 and IUP has always been a pain in the a&s for Ship either at home or the road. Took us 20+ years to break the curse but ask any player and they'll say when Ship has a big crowd Seth Grove is definitely one of the toughest venues to play at the rowdy crowd & band makes it loud for opposing teams.

That was 2013 and IUP has always been a pain in the a&s for Ship either at home or the road. Took us 20+ years to break the curse but ask any player and they'll say when Ship has a big crowd Seth Grove is definitely one of the toughest venues to play at the rowdy crowd & band makes it loud for opposing teams.
    Have always liked catching games at SG when Shep wasn't playing or playoff/big games. Always treated well & respectfully when wearing Ram gear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post
    Have always liked catching games at SG when Shep wasn't playing or playoff/big games. Always treated well & respectfully when wearing Ram gear as well.
    But Clydes, that's only because we put you all in those tiny bleachers across the field where we can't get at ya.

Home records for the past (5) years (including playoff games):

Slippery Rock - 26-3 (.896%)

California - 24-4 (.857)

Shepherd - 23-5 (.821)

IUP - 26-6 (.812)

West Chester - 22-6 (.785)

Kutztown - 18-9 (.666)

Shippensburg - 18-10 (.642)

I'm not a huge believer in home-field advantage in our conference. There are a handful of venues that are tough environments for visitors but not many. We mainly have 'track' stadiums which give a nice buffer zone to the players, and, frankly, most of the venues are pretty quiet.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast