Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PSAC East 2019

Contribute to D2

Default Re: PSAC East 2019

Quote Originally Posted by TJ85 View Post
    When did they win in Indiana? We beat them in 2012. And they got crushed at Cal years prior when Joe Ruggiero was Cal’s QB
    Think in 2010 shepherd won at kutztown and then at mercyhurst by over 30 to win the region as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The irony that year was the week before in Round 1 ... IUP blew a 17-0 lead against Cal and the next week Cal blew a 17-0 against Shepherd.
    Did you mean Round 2 when IUP blew the 17-0 lead vs. Cal? Because, as i recall, IUP boat-raced Fairmont State in Round 1.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Shippensburg is trash bunch of bums

LOL. I'd call you the pariah of this board after 36 posts, but nothing has added up to enough significance to make you worthy of pariah status.

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    LOL. I'd call you the pariah of this board after 36 posts, but nothing has added up to enough significance to make you worthy of pariah status.
    Yeah man, You'd be giving him too much credit Shooter!

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    Sounds like the poster might be related to Boatcapt on the MEC board!

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

Shepherd's season will be largely hinged on the play of four positions along the defensive line. Shepherd has unbelievably quick players in the skill positions on both defense and offense but were found lacking on the defensive line last year. The defensive line must force teams to run east/west on this defense where the speed allows for good ball pursuit. If teams are able to run north/ south on Shepherd this year, you will see the backend of the defense cheating on plays and they become susceptible to the long plays. In my opinion, the front four on the defensive line will be the key to this year's team.

Not even brave enough to represent a team. Ya hate to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post
    Shepherd's season will be largely hinged on the play of four positions along the defensive line. Shepherd has unbelievably quick players in the skill positions on both defense and offense but were found lacking on the defensive line last year. The defensive line must force teams to run east/west on this defense where the speed allows for good ball pursuit. If teams are able to run north/ south on Shepherd this year, you will see the backend of the defense cheating on plays and they become susceptible to the long plays. In my opinion, the front four on the defensive line will be the key to this year's team.
    At least in game 1 the RAMS won't have to be as concerned with running as passing. ODU and their young QB, EVAN ERNST were the D2 #1 ranked team in completion% and passing efficiency while scoring 40.5 ppg. I'd say in this game at least the question will be can you get pressure on the passer.

10. Default Re: PSAC East 2019

I think Bloom has a huge year

Quote Originally Posted by BUFan#1 View Post
    I think Bloom has a huge year
    Thanks for the insight dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
    Sounds like the poster might be related to Boatcapt on the MEC board!
    I just put him on the ignore list, tired of him this fast.

13. Default Re: PSAC East 2019

SHIP has all the Offensive weapons back - Mussina - Serb - Gonterick - and both TE's - revamped but decent O-line - the issue will be on Defese - lost 9 starters - I say the are ONE yr away from a great run

Quote Originally Posted by GOd2now View Post
    SHIP has all the Offensive weapons back - Mussina - Serb - Gonterick - and both TE's - revamped but decent O-line - the issue will be on Defese - lost 9 starters - I say the are ONE yr away from a great run
    Their WR group is probably tops in the league with Gonterick, Eubanks, Headen all great receivers with both TE's being pretty good as well. Offensively they'll compete weekly to put up 30+ points it'll be on the defense to get some takeaways and key stops to preserve wins. I think an 8-3 regular season finish is quite possible, if all things go well maybe 9-2.

Quote Originally Posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    Their WR group is probably tops in the league with Gonterick, Eubanks, Headen all great receivers with both TE's being pretty good as well. Offensively they'll compete weekly to put up 30+ points it'll be on the defense to get some takeaways and key stops to preserve wins. I think an 8-3 regular season finish is quite possible, if all things go well maybe 9-2.

They have a tough start. Clarion will be the tune-up game but then road trips to SRU and Cal. I think they'll roll Bloom but then get WCU and at Shepherd. That's a brutal first six weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    They have a tough start. Clarion will be the tune-up game but then road trips to SRU and Cal. I think they'll roll Bloom but then get WCU and at Shepherd. That's a brutal first six weeks.
    BRUTAL!!! IMO 3-3 the best possible outcome. 1-5 is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
    I just put him on the ignore list, tired of him this fast.
    I predict Shepherd has a tough first season adjusting to having to play decent teams in the regular season. I say 7-4. Maybe 8-3

Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    BRUTAL!!! IMO 3-3 the best possible outcome. 1-5 is the worst.
    That's pretty harsh. Ship is going to have the ability to score on anyone. They'll be hard-pressed to reach 5-1, but 4-2 is very possible as a best-case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    That's pretty harsh. Ship is going to have the ability to score on anyone. They'll be hard-pressed to reach 5-1, but 4-2 is very possible as a best-case scenario.

It's hard to win at Cal. A lot of weird stuff happens there. The trip to the Rock on a Saturday night will be a tough environment. They'll (Ship) have to score a lot in both of those games to have a chance. Cal and SRU's offenses will be a handful for a new defense.

I predict Shepherd has a tough first season adjusting to having to play decent teams in the regular season. I say 7-4. Maybe 8-3
    So pretty much the same as they had it in the previous conference last year? I thought you said this conference was tougher? Shouldn't they be like 4-6 then?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast