Thread: Rude welcome for SSU Tigers in SIAC preseason poll

Contribute to D2

Default Rude welcome for SSU Tigers in SIAC preseason poll

Not only was Savannah State predicted to place 6th, the Tigers also have no players selected to the Preseason All-SIAC First or Second Teams.
    “We’re not picked very well or any of that stuff. Great!” laughs head coach Shawn Quinn. "I’m just glad they’re going to let us line up and hopefully they’ll let us have 11 and maybe even wear helmets.”

https://www.wtoc.com/2019/07/09/rude...reseason-poll/

2. Default Re: Rude welcome for SSU Tigers in SIAC preseason poll

Savannah State historically hasn't had a good football team. Looking at their 2018 schedule they only won two games. . Maybe they will surprise a few teams and make some noise since they dropped down.

Default Re: Rude welcome for SSU Tigers in SIAC preseason poll

Savannah is not playing any of the West schools so I could see them end up last in the East. As SkegeeGrad151 pointed out, they have been bad for a long time so even if they kept a lot of their players from their FCS days I don't think it will make them some unstoppable team. Granted this slight will serve as even more motivation for them so who knows.

Question - I know they can't play in the playoffs due to the transition, but if they win the East are they eligible for the SIAC championship game?