2. Midwestern
    3. TAMUC
    4. Angelo State
    5. WT
    6. ENMU
    7.TAMUK
    8. UTPB
    9.WNMU

Interesting that Commerce was picked 3rd. Lack of confidence in new HC my guess. Everyone else just seemed like they looked at last years final standings. WT at 5 might not set well with some.

Default Re: Dave Campbell’s Texas Football LSC 2019 Prediction

Past performance is not an indication of future results.

It seems the past is playing a major role in the predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by WTAMU1975 View Post

Yep.

ENMU is going to be set to have a good year this year, favorable schedule, Senior QB, defense that has gotten better, and all the flux in the conference with MSU graduating their starting qb and Commerce coaching change, Tarleton graduating some monster players, etc.

The conference looks alot like Lynns 3rd year when Eastern went 8-3 and shared the conference title with Tarleton. Hopefully they can keep from making the same early season mistakes that kept them out of the playoffs.

They could go 2 -9 too!

I personally am getting excited for the season to start as our HS team is returning alot of kids and are favored to return to the title game again!

It seems the past is playing a major role in the predictions
    As it does in ALL preseason polls!

Interested in UTPB as Chadron plays them this year. Any news on their strengths and weaknesses...what type of offense/defense do they run etc...

It’s the best predictor.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    It’s the best predictor.
    Not sure it's the best, just the easiest.

8. Default Re: Dave Campbell’s Texas Football LSC 2019 Prediction

I don't know if ENMU will finish ahead of WT but I know they will beat them. The hounds have won 6 of the last 7 vs the Buffs and this years Wagon Wheel game is at home

Quote Originally Posted by ahshound View Post
    I don't know if ENMU will finish ahead of WT but I know they will beat them. The hounds have won 6 of the last 7 vs the Buffs and this years Wagon Wheel game is at home
    Beginning in 1984, we beat Abilene Christian every year until 2003. Going into the 2004 season, we could have said, "I know we'll beat ACU since we've beat them for the last 20 years, but they won. Then they won again in '05, and '06, and then they beat us every year until 2012 when we finally beat them. These things change. Not saying you won't beat WT this year, but this is a really weird game sometimes.

A little early for smack - however, I'll play

The wheel returns - I heard it from the GWB.

I think you are right. ENMU will be overlooked this season.....and think they will be better than 2018.
    Last edited by ASUPops; 07-06-2019 at 12:25 PM.

I think Commerce and West Texas finish higher. Still waiting on UTPB to take that next step in conference play.

Never have put much stock in these predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    I think Commerce and West Texas finish higher. Still waiting on UTPB to take that next step in conference play.

Never have put much stock in these predictions.
    I disagree. I think this is a good indicator of where the teams are. Angelo State pick got the nod over WT and ENMU. Any of those three could go in any order. Until someone else steps up it’s Commerce Tarleton and Midwestern and everyone else.
    Last edited by Techster88; 07-06-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    I disagree. I think this is a good indicator of where the teams are. Angelo State pick got the nod over WT and ENMU. Any of those three could go in any order. Until someone else steps up it’s Commerce Tarleton and Midwestern and everyone else.
    I agree with this completely. I think Angelo, WT and ENMU are interchangeable. I wear maroon tinted glasses and definitely think they are headed the right way but the new offensive coordinator is going to have to work some magic to get WT into the upper echelon.

Commerce has a tough away schedule this season, at Tarleton, Pueblo, Angelo, Kville, and WT. 2 losses will likely keep us out of the playoffs with the 10 game schedule. We seem to have lost our qb/wr coach Yogi Gallegos this week, but there was no announcement of any kind. Getting very little info from the football team this offseason. Turf has been removed from the field, but no announcement about that was made either at least as far as to the season ticket holders or the general school community. We have the players to compete for the conference title, and even for the natty, but it's been awful quiet around here.

Meant I think WT could finish above ASU, and Commerce above Midwestern.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    Meant I think WT could finish above ASU, and Commerce above Midwestern.
    Commerce could finish above Tarleton as well. But, I don’t see it happening. I didn’t care for the last recruiting class and I’m not sold on his style of coaching. Strong QB play or lack there of is what will make or break the Lions IMHO.

Biggest question mark for Tarleton coming into this season is their offense line. Lost a lot of experience there.

How does Midwestern replace a stellar QB? Need a better running game to win Conference.

Food for thought, none of these teams are playing an 11 game D2 schedule so losses are magnified for playoffs.
    Last edited by Techster88; 07-06-2019 at 10:28 PM.

18. Default Re: Dave Campbell’s Texas Football LSC 2019 Prediction

That's incorrect. The story came out on the turf and locker room extension in early June. Angelo, Kingsville, and WT are very winnable games.

Commerce could finish above Tarleton as well. But, I don’t see it happening. I didn’t care for the last recruiting class and I’m not sold on his style of coaching. Strong QB play or lack there of is what will make or break the Lions IMHO.

Biggest question mark for Tarleton coming into this season is their offense line. Lost a lot of experience there.

How does Midwestern replace a stellar QB? Need a better running game to win Conference.

Food for thought, none of these teams are playing an 11 game D2 schedule so losses are magnified for playoffs.
    The same way we do every year, we recruited 2 years prior to his senior year. I think we will see a more run oriented offense since Coach Austin left for FCS Eastern Kentucky. The O line coach is now the OC.

20. Default Re: Dave Campbell’s Texas Football LSC 2019 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Commerce has a tough away schedule this season, at Tarleton, Pueblo, Angelo, Kville, and WT. 2 losses will likely keep us out of the playoffs with the 10 game schedule. We seem to have lost our qb/wr coach Yogi Gallegos this week, but there was no announcement of any kind. Getting very little info from the football team this offseason. Turf has been removed from the field, but no announcement about that was made either at least as far as to the season ticket holders or the general school community. We have the players to compete for the conference title, and even for the natty, but it's been awful quiet around here.
    Announcement on the field and locker room expansion came out in early June. As far as the road schedule, Angelo, Kingsville, and WT are very winnable games, series in which the Lions have been dominant. Also, there is an 11 game schedule. As of now, we play Nuevo Leon Academy September 7th. They're Mexico's best American football program, and played Kingsville tough last season.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast