Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Midsummer football talk...

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Midsummer football talk...

Quote Originally Posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Rock has the 19 roster up with a new candidate to replace Wes Hills....Desean Dinkins 6-1 220 Itawamba College ( looks like they play in the Mississippi juco conference) He ran for about 500 yards and 5.6 ypc.
    And he don't look too bad:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3934557...85240ef442f711

Look like a fairly sound pick up

Quote Originally Posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Rock has the 19 roster up with a new candidate to replace Wes Hills....Desean Dinkins 6-1 220 Itawamba College ( looks like they play in the Mississippi juco conference) He ran for about 500 yards and 5.6 ypc.
    Remember how everybody got excited at signing day? Three ROCK signees are not on roster including the RB from Aliquippa and the WR transfer from Penn State, Clark. With RB Berry no longer on roster and Eakin who was recruited as a RB last year playing tight end in the spring game, the RB stable was low on numbers the transfer from Seton Hill is listed as WR/RB on roster; I would think they would want to use in the slot. So despite to RBs running for over 100 each in the spring game, (Grange & Fochtman), need depth in case of injuries; let's remember THE ROCKplayed 4 qbs. last year and Hills missed several games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SRU 88 View Post
    Remember how everybody got excited at signing day? Three ROCK signees are not on roster including the RB from Aliquippa and the WR transfer from Penn State, Clark. With RB Berry no longer on roster and Eakin who was recruited as a RB last year playing tight end in the spring game, the RB stable was low on numbers the transfer from Seton Hill is listed as WR/RB on roster; I would think they would want to use in the slot. So despite to RBs running for over 100 each in the spring game, (Grange & Fochtman), need depth in case of injuries; let's remember THE ROCKplayed 4 qbs. last year and Hills missed several games as well.

Any idea why the PSU transfer is not on the roster right now?

Hopefully the officials this year do not blow the games again. Total rob job when IUP played at Cal. If IUP had not been robbed blatantly with the ineligible men downfield calls on a touchdown and a major gain, they would not have lost to Cal. And that being said, the momentum would not have been destroyed for the remainder of the season. For anyone who doesn’t think it was a rob job, Those officials were suspended for 4 weeks after that game.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPfootball View Post
    Hopefully the officials this year do not blow the games again. Total rob job when IUP played at Cal. If IUP had not been robbed blatantly with the ineligible men downfield calls on a touchdown and a major gain, they would not have lost to Cal. And that being said, the momentum would not have been destroyed for the remainder of the season. For anyone who doesn’t think it was a rob job, Those officials were suspended for 4 weeks after that game.

Yeah, the calls sucked. BUT, ... there are bad calls in every game -- that go both ways. You play on the road you expect adversity. Referees want to be a part of the damn show. They think people are actually there to see them and like hearing that loud Cal crowd cheer for them. The refs had nothing to do with that pick 6 at the end when IUP was yards away from scoring. They didn't call the pass play there. They didn't throw the ball.

You can point to the SRU game. How did the team get completely curb-stomped in the first half? How did they come out flat as a pancake on Homecoming Weekend against their gym teaching rivals? Sure, it was a spirited comeback in front of about 48 people in the home stands. IUP actually just about had the game won several times but couldn't seal the deal on that last defensive series (that lasted about an hour).

They somehow managed to win the Clarion game the following week after getting down 20-0 (in Miller) ... but the damage was done. Recall they then got past Gannon and survived a very average Edinboro team.

I've said 50 times on here that the team that won in Ashland was LONG GONE by October. That wasn't the same team at Adamson that night. I'm not on the 'inside'. I don't know what happened during the two weeks after Ashland. But, something did. And, it was major.

That team had plenty of talent last year. I think it lacked in the mental department (and not just the 7-8 guys who were academically ineligible). From the stands it looked like the inmates had taken over the asylum. The sidelines were an atrocity -- and an embarrassment.

Every year is a new group. New leadership. Hopefully, less knuckleheads. Tort has two of his classes in there now and his third arrives in a couple weeks.

How that team wasn't up for the SRU game until they got knocked to the canvass three times is alarming. Hopefully it isn't a sign of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by PSACfan1 View Post
    Any idea why the PSU transfer is not on the roster right now?
    Someone did state in the recent SRU forum that he did hurt his foot during the spring. I just hope its nothing serious.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    They have 24 transfers listed. What must Dr. Evil be thinking?

Remember when only evil programs only used transfers and the self righteous didn’t?

Look Pal, I’m talking about the Cal U game. 2 touchdowns called back because of phantom penalties. It would have been a knee at the end of the game. Not a pass play.

Yeah, the calls sucked. BUT, ... there are bad calls in every game -- that go both ways. You play on the road you expect adversity. Referees want to be a part of the damn show. They think people are actually there to see them and like hearing that loud Cal crowd cheer for them. The refs had nothing to do with that pick 6 at the end when IUP was yards away from scoring. They didn't call the pass play there. They didn't throw the ball.

You can point to the SRU game. How did the team get completely curb-stomped in the first half? How did they come out flat as a pancake on Homecoming Weekend against their gym teaching rivals? Sure, it was a spirited comeback in front of about 48 people in the home stands. IUP actually just about had the game won several times but couldn't seal the deal on that last defensive series (that lasted about an hour).

They somehow managed to win the Clarion game the following week after getting down 20-0 (in Miller) ... but the damage was done. Recall they then got past Gannon and survived a very average Edinboro team.

I've said 50 times on here that the team that won in Ashland was LONG GONE by October. That wasn't the same team at Adamson that night. I'm not on the 'inside'. I don't know what happened during the two weeks after Ashland. But, something did. And, it was major.

That team had plenty of talent last year. I think it lacked in the mental department (and not just the 7-8 guys who were academically ineligible). From the stands it looked like the inmates had taken over the asylum. The sidelines were an atrocity -- and an embarrassment.

Every year is a new group. New leadership. Hopefully, less knuckleheads. Tort has two of his classes in there now and his third arrives in a couple weeks.

How that team wasn't up for the SRU game until they got knocked to the canvass three times is alarming. Hopefully it isn't a sign of things to come.

Look Pal, I’m talking about The cal U game. Where there was coach enticed penalties. Their sideline yelling at the refs then 10 seconds after the play getting the call. That pass play at the end would have been a KNEE. Because of two huge game changing plays called back thanks to officials who want to change games. The momentum would’ve been shifted for the next week. And IUP would’ve been out in front of Slippery Rock.

Look Pal, I’m talking about The cal U game. Where there was coach enticed penalties. Their sideline yelling at the refs then 10 seconds after the play getting the call. That pass play at the end would have been a KNEE. Because of two huge game changing plays called back thanks to officials who want to change games. The momentum would’ve been shifted for the next week. And IUP would’ve been out in front of Slippery Rock.
    Oh. I thought I was just told we weren't talking about Slippery Rock.

That sounds like the Woulda Coulda dance. Coaches work the refs. That's football, Pal.

Cal was yapping about missed calls here the year before.

Still crying about them a year later isn't a good look.

Did they alter the game? Probably. Doesn't much matter now. It's always something down there. You know that going in there.

One thing for sure we weren't talking about ... playoffs.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 07-02-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Oh. I thought I was just told we weren't talking about Slippery Rock.

That sounds like the Woulda Coulda dance. Coaches work the refs. That's football, Pal.

Cal was yapping about missed calls here the year before.

Still crying about them a year later isn't a good look.

Did they alter the game? Probably. Doesn't much matter now. It's always something down there. You know that going in there.

One thing for sure we weren't talking about ... playoffs.
    That is true going down there there’s always some BS that occurs up there and at Slippery Rock too for that matter. A suspension for them after was a good call by the officiating committee. Should’ve been suspended the rest of the year. That group of officials was pathetic. I understand not dwelling on it, but a blatant rob job also is a tough pill to swallow and to forget. That being said, if you just take care of business you don’t have to worry about the refs screwing everything up.

That is true going down there there’s always some BS that occurs up there and at Slippery Rock too for that matter. A suspension for them after was a good call by the officiating committee. Should’ve been suspended the rest of the year. That group of officials was pathetic. I understand not dwelling on it, but a blatant rob job also is a tough pill to swallow and to forget. That being said, if you just take care of business you don’t have to worry about the refs screwing everything up.
    I was there. I won't argue it bailed Cal out. I thought early on IUP was going to blow them out.

Oh wow....I did not know that officiating crew were suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Yes, they were suspended for multiple games after whenever the team sent in the tape of the calls to the committee. It’s a decent punishment for them. They then miss out on whatever it is they get paid for the games. I think $200 or around there is what they make. Maybe a little less.

I was there. I won't argue it bailed Cal out. I thought early on IUP was going to blow them out.
    It was looking that way early on absolutely. The ineligible man downfield called on the goal line was pitiful. That was a perfectly executed touchdown to Grant Smith. Cost us a much needed TD that would’ve shifted the momentum back to us. Absolute rob job.

It happens every week in d2 and d3. Teams send in questionable calls to whoever runs the refs and if the calls are bad enough suspensions get announced

So I see this thread has now turned into an iup cry-fest.
    God people, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedoggie View Post
    So I see this thread has now turned into an iup cry-fest.
    God people, get over it.

One guy who is clearly a current or former player that is disgruntled over losing a football game doesn’t exactly constitute an IUP cry fest.

Let’s not forget you have one of those guys on this board as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone did state in the recent SRU forum that he did hurt his foot during the spring. I just hope its nothing serious.
    His father is New Castle and Penn State graduate Bruce Clark, who was the No. 4 pick in the NFL draft in 1980.
    Pete Sirianni. Digital Editor, New Castle News.

2016 IUP graduate. twitter.com/petersirianni.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Remember when only evil programs only used transfers and the self righteous didn’t?
    Did Kevin Reynolds just switch offices in Morrow Field House and is now moonlighting as The Rock's recruitment coordinator? Sorry, I had to.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast