Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Midsummer football talk...

Default Re: Midsummer football talk...

Quote Originally Posted by IUPfootball View Post
    You people need a lesson in the real world. A college degree from ANYWHERE will get you a good job assuming you interview well and are a fit for whatever the job is. People aren’t getting hired because of what school you went to besides exceptions like Harvard, MIT, Yale etc. but I can truly say that a graduate from IUP has just as good of a shot at landing a job in an interview as someone who graduated from say, Penn State.
    Thanks for stating the obvious... the village idiot once again ladies and gentleman....

Quote Originally Posted by PSACfan1 View Post
    Thanks for stating the obvious... the village idiot once again ladies and gentleman....
    You even relevant to life man?

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    I have heard that he made a significant contribution to the IUP Endowment.

Wiki shows IUP at 65 million in endowment but who knows where it is today.

4. Default Re: Midsummer football talk...

Quote Originally Posted by IUPfootball View Post
    You even relevant to life man?
    uh what?

LHU off-season news 2 former starters in RB Ralph Hyland and All PSAC performer DB Dontae Mason both have transfered down to D3 Delaware Valley University closer to home (Philly). That may also be the destination of former IUP QB ADP I'm hearing.

6. Default Re: Midsummer football talk...

Question Folks, probably dealt with on here many times, but I stumbled across an old interview for Sam Mannery (Cal QB) and his hall of fame induction. Interesting he seemed to have been recruited as a FBS QB, not walk on, but direct. The caveat I guess being those coaches came out and told him you are redshirting. Cal not only told him you have a chance to start as a freshman but I think he said they gave him a full ride? Interesting he straight up chose D2 as opposed to (I.E. Lenny Williams) to start. What percentage of kids do that for D2? And full ride? For a class that spreads a limited amount of schollies to earmark 1 kid to get a full one is faith. Is that something that happens alot? What percentage of the teammates get that ride? Does that "divide" the lockeroom in any way, is that something those players should brag about, or keep it on the low? Maybe a Sam Mannery would be different now, but it seems a few more higher profile HS kids are starting to choose D2 despite higher profile divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ike 97 View Post
    Question Folks, probably dealt with on here many times, but I stumbled across an old interview for Sam Mannery (Cal QB) and his hall of fame induction. Interesting he seemed to have been recruited as a FBS QB, not walk on, but direct. The caveat I guess being those coaches came out and told him you are redshirting. Cal not only told him you have a chance to start as a freshman but I think he said they gave him a full ride? Interesting he straight up chose D2 as opposed to (I.E. Lenny Williams) to start. What percentage of kids do that for D2? And full ride? For a class that spreads a limited amount of schollies to earmark 1 kid to get a full one is faith. Is that something that happens alot? What percentage of the teammates get that ride? Does that "divide" the lockeroom in any way, is that something those players should brag about, or keep it on the low? Maybe a Sam Mannery would be different now, but it seems a few more higher profile HS kids are starting to choose D2 despite higher profile divisions.
    If it isn't the case yet it should be. If you look at NFL rosters more and more D2 players are getting looks because of outstanding college careers on particular teams that are consistently solid. Playing FCS ball for a school that has no history just so you can put D1 on the resume isn't necessarily the best route to the next level.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910