Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 121

Thread: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    4,698
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Generally, the attendance has been good. I really, really enjoy how there is a large roar from one side of the stadium on every play. I think that's fun. I see plenty of games where there isn't much from the visiting fans so the only loud roars are from the home team. I also enjoy the convenience and the ease of tailgating and pregame activities. I know a lot of people that go to this game that don't go to games on campus.

    Year - Opp - Attend - (Records) - Temp - Kickoff

    2002 - PSU - 26,695 - (6-0 v. 5-1) - 49 F - 7:00 (Thu)
    2004 - PSU - 25,542 - (10-0 v. 10-0) - 72 F - 2:00
    2006 - PSU - 22,561 - (9-0 v. 8-1) - 59 F - 2:00
    2008 - PSU - 21,316 - (4-1 v. 5-0) - 77 F - 5:00
    2005 - PSU - 21,044 - (6-2 v. 7-2) - 64 F - 2:00
    2009 - PSU - 20,813 - (1-1 v. 2-0) - 80 F - 5:00
    2003 - PSU - 20,324 - (7-3 v. 9-1) - 53 F - 2:00
    2007 - PSU - 19,103 - (3-1 v. 4-1) - 85 F - 2:00
    2013 - PSU - 17,369 - (6-0 v. 6-0) - 59 F - 3:00
    2010 - PSU - 16,504 - (8-1 v. 5-5) - 47 F - 2:00
    2016 - UCM - 15,349 - (4-0 v. 3-1) - 70 F - 5:00
    2012 - PSU - 15,349 - (5-1 v. 5-0) - 71 F - 5:00 (Rain)
    2011 - PSU - 15,106 - (4-0 v. 4-0) - 67 F - 2:00
    2017 - UCM - 11,920 - (4-0 v. 3-1) - 79 F - 4:00

    Edited to include 2016 game.

    You know, these attendence numbers, are not the norm for D2. Ya'all are spoiled. When we play our rival, West Georgia, if we can get 6K, it's considered a good turn-out (and mostly students) Same with them, and they have a top notch stadium.
    To ***** and complain that you don't get 15,000 is funny.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    238651

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    AD loved to beat Diamond Jim as NW did in 2016!


    Maybe this will jog Brandon's brain.

  3. #43

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Maybe I was not at the game. I seriously don't remember it.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    8,744
    Rep Power
    236138

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    We live within walking distance of Bearcat Stadium but since the players like playing at Arrowhead and the coaches say it helps recruitment I’m all in on playing there again and I’ll be there. I’ve only missed 1 NW Arrowhead game(niece got married that day)

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Not sure if I will go or not. Largely depends on how the 2 teams are playing.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    I really despise Arrowhead, but almost didn't go in 2011 and would have missed that comeback..

  7. Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    I really despise Arrowhead, but almost didn't go in 2011 and would have missed that comeback..
    Raiders fan or Broncos fan?

  8. #48

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    You know, these attendence numbers, are not the norm for D2. Ya'all are spoiled. When we play our rival, West Georgia, if we can get 6K, it's considered a good turn-out (and mostly students) Same with them, and they have a top notch stadium.
    To ***** and complain that you don't get 15,000 is funny.
    This times 3000

    The MIAA is not a typical D2 league any way, shape or form. It's not for everybody.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    4,698
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetfan View Post
    This times 3000

    The MIAA is not a typical D2 league any way, shape or form. It's not for everybody.
    Sounds elitist. Lol. What do you mean;" not for eveybody?"

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Go-Rilla View Post
    Raiders fan or Broncos fan?
    Neither. Not a huge fan of NFL at all. Back before I gave up on the NFL, I was a cowboys fan. I do like Denver better than the Raiders and liked them a lot when I was a kid and they were the orange crush. Not a Chiefs fan, but will admit to having a huge Man crush on the insane things Mahomes can do with a football.

    I just hate paying ridiculous prices for a mediocre atmosphere.

    I don't get to go to many away games anyway because it's hard for me to justify spending a whole day driving to from and watching a football game. That's why it's always been a maybe for me, but more acceptable when it's a home game for NW.

    Luckily the streaming keeps getting better each year.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    You know, these attendence numbers, are not the norm for D2. Ya'all are spoiled. When we play our rival, West Georgia, if we can get 6K, it's considered a good turn-out (and mostly students) Same with them, and they have a top notch stadium.
    To ***** and complain that you don't get 15,000 is funny.
    That's only at arrowhead. Home games rarely top 11 or 12 thousand at MIAA stadiums, and are usually lower than that.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,165
    Rep Power
    87187

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    15,000 at Arrowhead is pitiful and embarrassing, unless each school brings 15,000 (not happening). Great experience for the players, but other than that, it sucks. Year one when PSU and NW put 25,000 in the stands was great, but now it's a dog for student attendance. I would rather see high profile games on campus or at Sporting Park in Kansas City.
    Sporting Park can burn to the ground and I'll cheer. I hope Sporting KC loses all its games, all its fan support, and the franchise has to fold at a large financial loss to the owners.

  13. #53

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    Sounds elitist. Lol. What do you mean;" not for eveybody?"
    Several schools have left the league over the last decade and they have usually been teams that are in the lower half of the MIAA football standings.
    Truman and SBU are two that had some measure of success after leaving the league. Truman was 14-30 their last four years (2009-12) in the MIAA and then went 26-17 their first four years (2013-16) in the GLVC.
    SBU was 4-18 in 2012-13 while playing in the MIAA. They had gone 19-14 the three previous years (2009-11) outside the MIAA and went 23-21 with a playoff appearance the next four years (2014-17) in the GLVC.

    It's also something the UCM women's basketball coach said during media day when talking about the league.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetfan View Post
    Several schools have left the league over the last decade and they have usually been teams that are in the lower half of the MIAA football standings.
    Truman and SBU are two that had some measure of success after leaving the league. Truman was 14-30 their last four years (2009-12) in the MIAA and then went 26-17 their first four years (2013-16) in the GLVC.
    SBU was 4-18 in 2012-13 while playing in the MIAA. They had gone 19-14 the three previous years (2009-11) outside the MIAA and went 23-21 with a playoff appearance the next four years (2014-17) in the GLVC.

    It's also something the UCM women's basketball coach said during media day when talking about the league.
    GSC had all those AR teams who have done well since leaving too. Pretty similar really.

  15. #55

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    GSC had all those AR teams who have done well since leaving too. Pretty similar really.
    Not quite the same thing. The Arkansas schools had been more competitive in the GSC comparatively than Truman and SW Baptist in the MIAA. Henderson shared a GSC championship in their final year. Arkansas Tech made mutliple playoff trips as a GSC member, while Harding, Southern Ark, and Ouachita Baptist had their moments of being pretty decent.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    4,698
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetfan View Post

    It's also something the UCM women's basketball coach said during media day when talking about the league.
    Well the MIAA certainly has it' fair share of bling. Was impressed the Bearcats go back to back for football (and a few more)
    ++ Mens basketball team wins back to back. Pretty impressive. But that's just one school holding it up.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belton, MO
    Posts
    2,860
    Rep Power
    329856

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    Well the MIAA certainly has it' fair share of bling. Was impressed the Bearcats go back to back for football (and a few more)
    ++ Mens basketball team wins back to back. Pretty impressive. But that's just one school holding it up.
    That comment was made by the CentralMO coach after his team became the 3rd different MIAA women's team to win a national championship in the last 15 years. Washburn won in 2005 and Emporia in 2010. The GLIAC and the Northeast 10 have had 2 different national champions in that time frame.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    I don't track other sports at all. Even Basketball. That said, I'm pretty sure Pitt won a natty in track last year or the year before. Maybe one for the men and one for the women, but not sure?

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    And in Football, nobody knows if the MIAA still stacks up across the board because of the insular scheduling.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denton County, TX
    Posts
    10,933
    Rep Power
    172486

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    15,000 at Arrowhead is pitiful and embarrassing, unless each school brings 15,000 (not happening). Great experience for the players, but other than that, it sucks. Year one when PSU and NW put 25,000 in the stands was great, but now it's a dog for student attendance. I would rather see high profile games on campus or at Sporting Park in Kansas City.
    After the way Sporting Park backed out of their commitment to hosting the D2 national championship game, I'd be very leery if I'm an MIAA AD or football coach in wanting to schedule a neutral site game at Sporting Park.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •