Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 121

Thread: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    459
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    69357

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    Wouldn't you be the one touching your balls...since UCM is a National Power House in Bowling?....
    Ya, what? Don't try to confuse me. Even the ladies bowling team sucked this year. A quick look at the team photo makes you wonder if some of those ladies should be throwing the shot put for the track team.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,850
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by libertybearcat View Post
    I took what HCRW said as it would be NW giving up a home game and PSU giving up a home game.
    Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

  3. Default

    It’s confirmed:

    http://twitter.com/bearcatsports/sta...03151848427528


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    8,746
    Rep Power
    236138

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Noon 10/12/19

  5. #25

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Being reported locally as just a NW home game, it’s not a series


    PITTSBURG, Kan. - The Fall Classic between Pittsburg State and Northwest Missouri is heading back to Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City in 2019.

    According to the Northwest Missouri State Athletics department, Pittsburg State and Northwest Missouri will play in Kansas City on October 12th at noon.

    Pittsburg State has confirmed the two teams will play in Kansas City in October, but says the game is not part of a series, it's just a home game for Northwest Missouri that will be played at Arrowhead.

  6. Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    I remember this horse ridden to death the past few years by both Pitt and NW. Isn’t it interesting how things change. I have always thought this was a good overall experience for any MIAA school. Let’s get 15,000 out there and have a great experience. Punt teams or not.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    69357

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aging Bearcat Fan View Post
    I remember this horse ridden to death the past few years by both Pitt and NW. Isn’t it interesting how things change. I have always thought this was a good overall experience for any MIAA school. Let’s get 15,000 out there and have a great experience. Punt teams or not.
    15,000 at Arrowhead is pitiful and embarrassing, unless each school brings 15,000 (not happening). Great experience for the players, but other than that, it sucks. Year one when PSU and NW put 25,000 in the stands was great, but now it's a dog for student attendance. I would rather see high profile games on campus or at Sporting Park in Kansas City.
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 06-11-2019 at 07:22 PM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    69357

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    Brandon is full of Bull Sh_t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Why?

    Sorry man, I must of had a brain dead Trump moment...you know,,,.no rhyme or reason....just lashing out at someone with superior intelligence.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    southern Iowa
    Posts
    483
    Rep Power
    4276

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    15,000 at Arrowhead is pitiful and embarrassing, unless each school brings 15,000 (not happening). Great experience for the players, but other than that, it sucks. Year one when PSU and NW put 25,000 in the stands was great, but now it's a dog for student attendance. I would rather see high profile games on campus or at Sporting Park in Kansas City.

    Never speak that name again!
    Once a Bearcat, Always a Bearcat!

  10. Default

    I guess this game strikes me as two formerly dominant teams in past years going back to something they used to do in an attempt to regain past glories.

    I mean, this game used to mean something. It was an honest to goodness rivalry, and due to the scheduling, there were playoff implications. For NW, it was always a bellwether game - if we could beat Pitt, we had a shot at an NC run. If we couldn’t, we weren’t good enough to make a run.

    For Pitt, a win meant ... well, maybe it was their turn instead.

    Now, I’m just like, meh, I’ll stream it, but it’s not worth going to. I wonder if that’s a reflection on what’s happened to both programs in recent years ....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #31

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    I'm excited it's back.

  12. #32

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    Sorry man, I must of had a brain dead Trump moment...you know,,,.no rhyme or reason....just lashing out at someone with superior intelligence.
    I had a totally open mind about being full of BS!

  13. #33

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    15,000 at Arrowhead is pitiful and embarrassing, unless each school brings 15,000 (not happening). Great experience for the players, but other than that, it sucks. Year one when PSU and NW put 25,000 in the stands was great, but now it's a dog for student attendance. I would rather see high profile games on campus or at Sporting Park in Kansas City.
    Generally, the attendance has been good. I really, really enjoy how there is a large roar from one side of the stadium on every play. I think that's fun. I see plenty of games where there isn't much from the visiting fans so the only loud roars are from the home team. I also enjoy the convenience and the ease of tailgating and pregame activities. I know a lot of people that go to this game that don't go to games on campus.

    Year - Opp - Attend - (Records) - Temp - Kickoff

    2002 - PSU - 26,695 - (6-0 v. 5-1) - 49 F - 7:00 (Thu)
    2004 - PSU - 25,542 - (10-0 v. 10-0) - 72 F - 2:00
    2006 - PSU - 22,561 - (9-0 v. 8-1) - 59 F - 2:00
    2008 - PSU - 21,316 - (4-1 v. 5-0) - 77 F - 5:00
    2005 - PSU - 21,044 - (6-2 v. 7-2) - 64 F - 2:00
    2009 - PSU - 20,813 - (1-1 v. 2-0) - 80 F - 5:00
    2003 - PSU - 20,324 - (7-3 v. 9-1) - 53 F - 2:00
    2007 - PSU - 19,103 - (3-1 v. 4-1) - 85 F - 2:00
    2013 - PSU - 17,369 - (6-0 v. 6-0) - 59 F - 3:00
    2010 - PSU - 16,504 - (8-1 v. 5-5) - 47 F - 2:00
    2016 - UCM - 15,349 - (4-0 v. 3-1) - 70 F - 5:00
    2012 - PSU - 15,349 - (5-1 v. 5-0) - 71 F - 5:00 (Rain)
    2011 - PSU - 15,106 - (4-0 v. 4-0) - 67 F - 2:00
    2017 - UCM - 11,920 - (4-0 v. 3-1) - 79 F - 4:00

    Edited to include 2016 game.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    parkville, missourah
    Posts
    8,007
    Rep Power
    80260

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by lleachieshusband View Post
    I guess this game strikes me as two formerly dominant teams in past years going back to something they used to do in an attempt to regain past glories.

    I mean, this game used to mean something. It was an honest to goodness rivalry, and due to the scheduling, there were playoff implications. For NW, it was always a bellwether game - if we could beat Pitt, we had a shot at an NC run. If we couldn’t, we weren’t good enough to make a run.

    For Pitt, a win meant ... well, maybe it was their turn instead.

    Now, I’m just like, meh, I’ll stream it, but it’s not worth going to. I wonder if that’s a reflection on what’s happened to both programs in recent years ....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    absolutely.
    winner to the elms, loser to texarkana which is lovely in the fall as long as there is no hurricane.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    3,930
    Rep Power
    238651

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Three trends that I have seen at Arrowhead MIAA match ups: 1) Cost up, 2) Attendance down, 3) Parking lot 'trash' up (both human and non-human).

  16. #36

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Generally, the attendance has been good. I really, really enjoy how there is a large roar from one side of the stadium on every play. I think that's fun. I see plenty of games where there isn't much from the visiting fans so the only loud roars are from the home team. I also enjoy the convenience and the ease of tailgating and pregame activities. I know a lot of people that go to this game that don't go to games on campus.

    Year - Opp - Attend - (Records) - Temp - Kickoff

    2002 - PSU - 26,695 - (6-0 v. 5-1) - 49 F - 7:00 (Thu)
    2004 - PSU - 25,542 - (10-0 v. 10-0) - 72 F - 2:00
    2006 - PSU - 22,561 - (9-0 v. 8-1) - 59 F - 2:00
    2008 - PSU - 21,316 - (4-1 v. 5-0) - 77 F - 5:00
    2005 - PSU - 21,044 - (6-2 v. 7-2) - 64 F - 2:00
    2009 - PSU - 20,813 - (1-1 v. 2-0) - 80 F - 5:00
    2003 - PSU - 20,324 - (7-3 v. 9-1) - 53 F - 2:00
    2007 - PSU - 19,103 - (3-1 v. 4-1) - 85 F - 2:00
    2013 - PSU - 17,369 - (6-0 v. 6-0) - 59 F - 3:00
    2010 - PSU - 16,504 - (8-1 v. 5-5) - 47 F - 2:00
    2012 - PSU - 15,349 - (5-1 v. 5-0) - 71 F - 5:00 (Rain)
    2011 - PSU - 15,106 - (4-0 v. 4-0) - 67 F - 2:00
    2017 - UCM - 11,920 - (4-0 v. 3-1) - 79 F - 4:00
    Was it not somewhere around 2012 or 2013 when we were supposed to play Washburn at Arrowhead? If I recall correctly, we were not even going to play Pitt State as conference expansion did not allow for everyone to play each other, but Lincoln or SBU...? left after the schedules were made, so we ended up playing Pitt anyway?

  17. #37
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Planet Earth Somewhere
    Posts
    4,535
    Rep Power
    119992

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
    Was it not somewhere around 2012 or 2013 when we were supposed to play Washburn at Arrowhead? If I recall correctly, we were not even going to play Pitt State as conference expansion did not allow for everyone to play each other, but Lincoln or SBU...? left after the schedules were made, so we ended up playing Pitt anyway?
    Yep, but he weather prohibited that. Chiefs did not want the field tore up.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belton, MO
    Posts
    2,862
    Rep Power
    329856

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Generally, the attendance has been good. I really, really enjoy how there is a large roar from one side of the stadium on every play. I think that's fun. I see plenty of games where there isn't much from the visiting fans so the only loud roars are from the home team. I also enjoy the convenience and the ease of tailgating and pregame activities. I know a lot of people that go to this game that don't go to games on campus.

    Year - Opp - Attend - (Records) - Temp - Kickoff

    2002 - PSU - 26,695 - (6-0 v. 5-1) - 49 F - 7:00 (Thu)
    2004 - PSU - 25,542 - (10-0 v. 10-0) - 72 F - 2:00
    2006 - PSU - 22,561 - (9-0 v. 8-1) - 59 F - 2:00
    2008 - PSU - 21,316 - (4-1 v. 5-0) - 77 F - 5:00
    2005 - PSU - 21,044 - (6-2 v. 7-2) - 64 F - 2:00
    2009 - PSU - 20,813 - (1-1 v. 2-0) - 80 F - 5:00
    2003 - PSU - 20,324 - (7-3 v. 9-1) - 53 F - 2:00
    2007 - PSU - 19,103 - (3-1 v. 4-1) - 85 F - 2:00
    2013 - PSU - 17,369 - (6-0 v. 6-0) - 59 F - 3:00
    2010 - PSU - 16,504 - (8-1 v. 5-5) - 47 F - 2:00
    2012 - PSU - 15,349 - (5-1 v. 5-0) - 71 F - 5:00 (Rain)
    2011 - PSU - 15,106 - (4-0 v. 4-0) - 67 F - 2:00
    2017 - UCM - 11,920 - (4-0 v. 3-1) - 79 F - 4:00
    Didn't Northwest also play Central at Arrowhead in 2016? I think the attendance was a little over 15,000.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Palookaville, USA
    Posts
    2,324
    Rep Power
    17816

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    absolutely.
    winner to the elms, loser to texarkana which is lovely in the fall as long as there is no hurricane.
    I agree. I would guess some of the earlier years it was a novelty. For example I don't support either team but I was at the first one. I'll never go again. No reason really except I already did that.

  20. #40

    Default Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Didn't Northwest also play Central at Arrowhead in 2016? I think the attendance was a little over 15,000.
    You're 100% correct. I am seriously worried about my memory. I don't remember it at all.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •