Thread: Challenge: Defensive Player you fear (Not on your team)

Contribute to D2

Default Challenge: Defensive Player you fear (Not on your team)

Ball hawk CBs, truck stick Safety’s, tackle machine LBs, Disruptive DL. What player worries you the most.

RULES:
    1. You can not bring up your school’s defense, or past defense
    2. Lighten up, everyone has ass kickers (even opposing teams)

I always enjoy watching line play. Pitts Wild Samoan is a nightmare. Thomas reminds me of an MIAA Aaron Donald with his speed off the ball and motor. I don’t fear Pitt, but I fear this kid when he gets in a rhythm.

I will have others, but off the top of my head that was my first pick

Default Re: Challenge: Defensive Player you fear (Not on your team)

Jace McDown - LB Emporia St.

127 tackles, 2.5 sacks and an INT last year as a sophomore - kids fun to watch

I fear none of them. I have never even come close to being tackled while watching a football game.

4. Default Re: Challenge: Defensive Player you fear (Not on your team)

NW has so much history of DL getting better and better that I'd guess Sam Roberts, but I don't think there's any clear frontrunner.

The conference has a pretty good history of seeing through LBs who accumulate tackles because the team defense is so bad, so I think that will hold back McDown (and rightfully so, I wasn't impressed by him last year).

Tyler Roach

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Tyler Roach
    Well played.

I don't know the current defenses well enough to be honest. Due to kids sports, I only get to listen to games and watch a few a year.

UCO had some D players last year that looked the part and moved well.

Historically, the one that stands out immediately to me was Pfannestiel (spelling incorrect) from Washburn. When he would play against Northwest, I would call him Man of Steel, because he was everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaBred View Post
    NW has so much history of DL getting better and better that I'd guess Sam Roberts, but I don't think there's any clear frontrunner.

The conference has a pretty good history of seeing through LBs who accumulate tackles because the team defense is so bad, so I think that will hold back McDown (and rightfully so, I wasn't impressed by him last year).
    You must have only seen McDown in his 2nd start of his career against Pitt St...by the end of the year he was all over the field! He was named 2nd team all MIAA and more importantly has 2 years left...happy he’s a Hornet!!
    Last edited by mtxe; 06-14-2019 at 01:27 PM.

The LB from UCO last year was really good. Not the D1 transfer, but the other one. DOn't know if he was a SR or not, though.

Sam Roberts from NW is going back to the DE position, should be a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaBred View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mtxe View Post
    You must have only seen McDown in his 2nd start of his career against Pitt St...by the end of the year he was all over the field! He was named 2nd team all MIAA and more importantly has 2 years left...happy he’s a Hornet!!
    Give GorillaBred a break. He's just trying to rationalize why Pitt State didn't get a kid from 25 miles away that was a Top 11 player in the state his senior year.