Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: A&M-Commerce's Hawkins Field @ Memorial Stadium getting some big upgrades.

  1. #41

    Default Re: A&M-Commerce's Hawkins Field @ Memorial Stadium getting some big upgrad

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Its 70 years old.
    Jake, my memory only goes back to late seventies. I got a chance to checkout the new tennis courts. They are top notch with the yellow instead of white lines. Cool touch on school colors. One of the best Tennis facilities in the conference minus a team.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,890
    Rep Power
    435120

    Default Re: A&M-Commerce's Hawkins Field @ Memorial Stadium getting some big upgrad

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Jake, my memory only goes back to late seventies. I got a chance to checkout the new tennis courts. They are top notch with the yellow instead of white lines. Cool touch on school colors. One of the best Tennis facilities in the conference minus a team.
    Yes, hopefully we are adding a team soon.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Rockwall, TX
    Posts
    9,622
    Rep Power
    32321

    Default Re: A&M-Commerce's Hawkins Field @ Memorial Stadium getting some big upgrad

    I agree we definitely need either a new stadium or massive renovations

    However, I dont really think the new locker rooms have anything to do with the stadium itself, this is just a simple addition of some really good locker rooms while we continue waiting for stadium rebuild/renovations. Everything I've ever seen in terms of stadium upgrades has it occurring at the same location the current stadium is at. Adding the awesome locker rooms now is just step one, I'd think. Once the stadium is redone/rebuilt/whatever they decide to do, it will also include these great new locker rooms. Again, I agree that we definitely need a new/redone stadium, but I dont see how this is putting lipstick on a pig when its basically step one of a bigger picture....it's not repainting steps or putting in new seats. Its a freestanding addition that will be there for a long time, it's not a bandaid with no other plans.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,263
    Rep Power
    55747

    Default Re: A&M-Commerce's Hawkins Field @ Memorial Stadium getting some big upgrad

    Quote Originally Posted by LionFan View Post
    I agree we definitely need either a new stadium or massive renovations

    However, I dont really think the new locker rooms have anything to do with the stadium itself, this is just a simple addition of some really good locker rooms while we continue waiting for stadium rebuild/renovations. Everything I've ever seen in terms of stadium upgrades has it occurring at the same location the current stadium is at. Adding the awesome locker rooms now is just step one, I'd think. Once the stadium is redone/rebuilt/whatever they decide to do, it will also include these great new locker rooms. Again, I agree that we definitely need a new/redone stadium, but I dont see how this is putting lipstick on a pig when its basically step one of a bigger picture....it's not repainting steps or putting in new seats. Its a freestanding addition that will be there for a long time, it's not a bandaid with no other plans.
    You are right.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,890
    Rep Power
    435120

    Default Re: A&M-Commerce's Hawkins Field @ Memorial Stadium getting some big upgrad

    Thats why Im building a beautiful freakin high end outhouse this year. Eventually I will probably replace my run down house, and when I do the bathroom will already be done!

  6. #46

    Default Re: A&M-Commerce's Hawkins Field @ Memorial Stadium getting some big upgrad

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Thats why Im building a beautiful freakin high end outhouse this year. Eventually I will probably replace my run down house, and when I do the bathroom will already be done!
    ROFLMAO

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,263
    Rep Power
    55747

    Default Re: A&M-Commerce's Hawkins Field @ Memorial Stadium getting some big upgrad

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Thats why Im building a beautiful freakin high end outhouse this year. Eventually I will probably replace my run down house, and when I do the bathroom will already be done!
    At least now you won't have to dig holes & squat.

    Let's see.....if I was a recruit, would I rather play for a .875 team who has won a NC and are in the playoffs regularly but has an old stadium, or would I rather play for a .500 team who has never won a NC but has a beautiful new stadium and sells Dippin' Dots. Hmmmmm....tough decision!

    PLEASE......
    Last edited by ASUPops; 06-27-2019 at 03:16 AM.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,890
    Rep Power
    435120

    Default Re: A&M-Commerce's Hawkins Field @ Memorial Stadium getting some big upgrad

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    At least now you won't have to dig holes & squat.

    Let's see.....if I was a recruit, would I rather play for a .875 team who has won a NC and are in the playoffs regularly but has an old stadium, or would I rather play for a .500 team who has never won a NC but has a beautiful new stadium and sells Dippin' Dots. Hmmmmm....tough decision!

    PLEASE......
    I get it that players will play there especially if we keep winning. The stadium needs work for the fans. We were 5th in attendance in dii last season. The total numbers can be quibbled over, but the support here for the last few years has been matched by few teams. That needs to be honored by the powers that be. Better facilities would draw even more fans, and I know players like a big loud home crowd too.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,263
    Rep Power
    55747

    Default Re: A&M-Commerce's Hawkins Field @ Memorial Stadium getting some big upgrad

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    I get it that players will play there especially if we keep winning. The stadium needs work for the fans. We were 5th in attendance in dii last season. The total numbers can be quibbled over, but the support here for the last few years has been matched by few teams. That needs to be honored by the powers that be. Better facilities would draw even more fans, and I know players like a big loud home crowd too.
    If the program is clicking, new stadium or not, the people WILL come.

    However, I get what you are saying. In today's society, everyone wants the bigger, new EVERYTHING

    Our younger generation seems to be more minimalists. Tiny houses, tiny cars & tiny SUVs, etc.... So there IS hope.

    Truth be told, I miss the Allen Eagles OLD stadium. The games in that thing were magical.

  10. #50

    Default Re: A&M-Commerce's Hawkins Field @ Memorial Stadium getting some big upgrad

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    If the program is clicking, new stadium or not, the people WILL come.

    However, I get what you are saying. In today's society, everyone wants the bigger, new EVERYTHING

    Our younger generation seems to be more minimalists. Tiny houses, tiny cars & tiny SUVs, etc.... So there IS hope.

    Truth be told, I miss the Allen Eagles OLD stadium. The games in that thing were magical.
    You of all people know you can’t stop progress. I’m sure Allen didn’t. It’s way past overdue to bring the stadium into this century.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •