Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Javelina Stadium Storm Damage

Contribute to D2

Default Javelina Stadium Storm Damage

Bad line of storms went through Kingsville yesterday evening. . Estimated 100mph downburst type winds with all sorts of damage on campus and around town.

This is one pic making the rounds this morning.

Default Re: Javelina Stadium Storm Damage

Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post

Bad line of storms went through Kingsville yesterday evening. . Estimated 100mph downburst type winds with all sorts of damage on campus and around town.

Yipes!

Saw that on the news. Yikes. Sending good thoughts to you guys down south from up north here. Was anyone injured?

That's terrible!!! Hope everyone is safe!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLionWire View Post
    Saw that on the news. Yikes. Sending good thoughts to you guys down south from up north here. Was anyone injured?

Haven’t heard of any injuries, but it’s a mess from what I’ve seen on Facebook and other media. Good thing this didn’t occur two weeks ago when the NCAA meet was going on. With all the equipment and other stuff that was in and around the stadium for the meet, it could have really been a nightmare.

Looks like the aftermath from the Rodeo Club!

Looks like opportunity to me. File insurance and replace that pile of cheap plywood with a nice new pressbox.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    Looks like opportunity to me. File insurance and replace that pile of cheap plywood with a nice new pressbox.

Or maybe the good ol’ boys in Collie Station might feel sorry for us and see this as a chance to help us with some sort of creative funding to get the whole place a facelift. I think it’s our turn.

Sarcasm off.

Looking at the age of stadium along with the damage something has got to give.

10. Default Re: Javelina Stadium Storm Damage

She gone!

You guys can always donate remains to the homeless for shelters.

Maybe Jav Alums can find out who designed and built that Cracker Jack Box Houston Baptist plays in and see if they can replicate it or at least a version of it. Great way to keep costs down.

Or maybe the good ol’ boys in Collie Station might feel sorry for us and see this as a chance to help us with some sort of creative funding to get the whole place a facelift. I think it’s our turn.

Sarcasm off.
    I will tell you what.....since I started watching LSC ball in 2009, TAMUK has been like Humpty Dumpty......a GREAT FALL and all the "King's" horses and men HAVE NOT put it back together again. Just being 100. It has been the same for WT. it is REALLY SAD!

ACU, TAMUK, MSU, WTAMU (not in any specific order) used to be the top 4 (top tier) . Now only ONE remains in the top tier....MSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Maybe Jav Alums can find out who designed and built that Cracker Jack Box Houston Baptist plays in and see if they can replicate it or at least a version of it. Great way to keep costs down.
    This is A&M Kingsville. Only a stadium putting Jerry World to shame is befitting such a powerful program. Or just call the Cracker Jack company...

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    This is A&M Kingsville. Only a stadium putting Jerry World to shame is befitting such a powerful program. Or just call the Cracker Jack company...
    Man, back in the Texas A&I days they were money just like the Cowboys used to be before Jerruh became GM of football. I can remember them beating the snot out of East Texas State a lot when I was growing up. Some of their players like Darrel Green went on to NFL. They initially carried their tradition of winning in the nineties being TAMUK.

Sometimes change good for the school doesn’t carry over the football program. The name change left a lot of tradition and alums behind.

The stadium is symbolic of how far the program has fallen to pieces.

If A&M had its way Tarleton would be TAMU Stephenville tomorrow. The fallout wouldn’t be as bad as TAMUK because the program hasn’t had the storied success. Nonetheless the program would instantly lose valuable funding from Alums for some time to come including Daddy War Bucks Meyers.

Man, back in the Texas A&I days they were money just like the Cowboys used to be before Jerruh became GM of football. I can remember them beating the snot out of East Texas State a lot when I was growing up. Some of their players like Darrel Green went on to NFL. They initially carried their tradition of winning in the nineties being TAMUK.

Sometimes change good for the school doesn’t carry over the football program. The name change left a lot of tradition and alums behind.

If A&M had its way Tarleton would be TAMU Stephenville tomorrow. The fallout wouldn’t be as bad as TAMUK because the program hasn’t had the storied success. Nonetheless the program would instantly lose valuable funding from Alums for some time to come including Daddy War Bucks Meyers.
    I'll take a bright future over a golden past.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    I'll take a bright future over a golden past.
    Definitely, Just make sure that the name Tarleton stays with your university so you don't have to cross that bridge.

The thing is the name change didn't really have an impact on the football program even with some of the reliable Alums withholding or drastically reducing their contributions after the change. I mean as late as the late 2000's going into the early 2000 teens, we were a regulars in the playoffs and eventually losing to the would be national champs on a few occasions in the semis. I think what has hurt is the lack of attention to the facilities and the fact kids have been given the power to pick schools who offer bling and no one in college sports world is on the path to stop it . Social media has put this into overdrive of course. Now there were some voices in and out of the program in the mid 2000's who very much saying we need to drive the locomotive to maintain our status in the LSC and D2 , but they were ignored and the common refrain was no school at our level could match the NFL drawing power we HAD and it would overcome all this window dressing stuff. And seriously to this day you still have some people thinking along those lines despite the fact we haven't had a player drafted in decade and some change or longer as witnessed by not having one active former Javelina on an NFL roster. Now we are very much stuck on the caboose trying to play catch up.

Any updates on whether or not the damaged press box will be replaced or if the repair will become part of some other larger capital budget project>

Quote Originally Posted by '89HOG View Post
    Any updates on whether or not the damaged press box will be replaced or if the repair will become part of some other larger capital budget project>
    Haven't heard a peep. And really I am starting to think it's wishful thinking anything will ever get done with our stadium other than the toilet paper and paper towels being restocked in the restrooms that were built so far away from the stadium, most people don't even bother using them. We just need to accept the fact it's not going to happen anytime soon if at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast