Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Anyone Have Some Time?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    5,547
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Anyone Have Some Time?

    While building our new website, there is almost 20 years of data to convert to a different code. While some of it has been done automatically, some has to be type manually. This is obviously an overwhelming task.

    If anyone has a free hour and would be willing to do so, I would appreciate some help typing in some code. You wouldn't have to know how to code but simply replace words with other words.

    If anyone has a free hour and they would be willing to help out, please let me know.

    Thanks.

    Brandon

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    638
    Rep Power
    64783

    Default Re: Anyone Have Some Time?

    If my keyboard stroke speed was above pre-school level I might be of some value, but currently I would be way down on the list!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA, formerly of Waterbury, CT
    Posts
    1,401
    Rep Power
    19670

    Default Re: Anyone Have Some Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    While building our new website, there is almost 20 years of data to convert to a different code. While some of it has been done automatically, some has to be type manually. This is obviously an overwhelming task.

    If anyone has a free hour and would be willing to do so, I would appreciate some help typing in some code. You wouldn't have to know how to code but simply replace words with other words.

    If anyone has a free hour and they would be willing to help out, please let me know.

    Thanks.

    Brandon
    Brandon,

    I’ve done some coding and writing in the past and would be happy to help.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Anyone Have Some Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post
    If my keyboard stroke speed was above pre-school level I might be of some value, but currently I would be way down on the list!!
    This made me laugh out loud.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Anyone Have Some Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by cwfenn View Post
    Brandon,

    I’ve done some coding and writing in the past and would be happy to help.
    It's not really coding but just replacing words.

    For instance.....this:


    >QB<

    >Name<

    >HWC<

    >School<


    Becomes this:

    >QB<

    >Luis Perez<

    >6-3, 220, Sr.<

    >Texas A&M-Commerce<


    I left out some code because it formatted the post but you get the idea. If this is too boring, I completely understand.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cameron, Missouri
    Posts
    2,960
    Rep Power
    340418

    Default Re: Anyone Have Some Time?

    I’d be more than happy to help...as long as I can do it from an iPad

  7. #7

    Default Re: Anyone Have Some Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveItWhenYouCallMeLittlePoppa View Post
    I’d be more than happy to help...as long as I can do it from an iPad
    I think you could as long as you can edit text.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cameron, Missouri
    Posts
    2,960
    Rep Power
    340418

    Default Re: Anyone Have Some Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I think you could as long as you can edit text.
    then count me in

  9. #9

    Default Re: Anyone Have Some Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveItWhenYouCallMeLittlePoppa View Post
    then count me in
    I'll send you an email.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Anyone Have Some Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I'll send you an email.
    Bounced back. Can you send me an email and I'll reply to it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA, formerly of Waterbury, CT
    Posts
    1,401
    Rep Power
    19670

    Default Re: Anyone Have Some Time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    It's not really coding but just replacing words.

    For instance.....this:


    >QB<

    >Name<

    >HWC<

    >School<


    Becomes this:

    >QB<

    >Luis Perez<

    >6-3, 220, Sr.<

    >Texas A&M-Commerce<


    I left out some code because it formatted the post but you get the idea. If this is too boring, I completely understand.
    Not a problem, happy to help.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cameron, Missouri
    Posts
    2,960
    Rep Power
    340418

    Default Re: Anyone Have Some Time?

    2015 AA list should be in your inbox

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    4,726
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Anyone Have Some Time?

    <.>
    Last edited by Wide_Right; 06-15-2019 at 07:49 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Joseph, MO
    Posts
    2,814
    Rep Power
    83831

    Default Re: Anyone Have Some Time?

    If you still need it, I can help.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •