Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Year of the pig

Default Year of the pig

Well, we shall see how this all plays, but the Chinese Zodiac says this is The Year of the Pig.....!

Hope so. Softball team is off to Denver, in the final eight of D2 softball national championships. I saw them play in Houston early on, and noted then they had the possibility of not only being good, but could be a great team..., but, common sense said keep the trap shut, one never knows...! But they have evolved not only with great pitching, but excellent bats, great base running, and the ability to climb out of a hole time after time. Coaches Nicholson and Lewis are doing an excellent job. and, about 80% or so of the team are frosh, sophs, with a sprinkling of juniors thrown in, so going to be very competitive next couple of years...

As to NCAA Track and Field, looks, on paper, like an absolute shootout between the Hogs, the Rams and the Lions, with Lincoln right there with them. Buffs a factor, but not the depth IMO, we shall see. But, again, I recall couple of year back when Hogs were in running and our 26 1/2 foot long-jumper fouled on six straight attempts, and so there went another championship! (Do I recall that properly...?).

Anyway, hope the Year of the Pig extends on to FB and BB!

lantana

Default Re: Year of the pig

Quote Originally Posted by lantana View Post
    Well, we shall see how this all plays, but the Chinese Zodiac says this is The Year of the Pig.....!

Hope so. Softball team is off to Denver, in the final eight of D2 softball national championships. I saw them play in Houston early on, and noted then they had the possibility of not only being good, but could be a great team..., but, common sense said keep the trap shut, one never knows...! But they have evolved not only with great pitching, but excellent bats, great base running, and the ability to climb out of a hole time after time. Coaches Nicholson and Lewis are doing an excellent job. and, about 80% or so of the team are frosh, sophs, with a sprinkling of juniors thrown in, so going to be very competitive next couple of years...

As to NCAA Track and Field, looks, on paper, like an absolute shootout between the Hogs, the Rams and the Lions, with Lincoln right there with them. Buffs a factor, but not the depth IMO, we shall see. But, again, I recall couple of year back when Hogs were in running and our 26 1/2 foot long-jumper fouled on six straight attempts, and so there went another championship! (Do I recall that properly...?).

lantana
    Sorry to burst your bubble, I don't think the Chinese meant Javelinas since they are not related to the Pig....Peccaries (Javelinas) are not members of the rodent family or the pig family. Positive thinking anyhow...

Quote Originally Posted by KC75Marine View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, I don't think the Chinese meant Javelinas since they are not related to the Pig....Peccaries (Javelinas) are not members of the rodent family or the pig family. Positive thinking anyhow...
    Hey, it is not his fault; there is no Zoology program at TAMUK.

4. Default Re: Year of the pig

lantana
    Will this be the year the Arkansas Razorbacks have an exemplary season?

Quote Originally Posted by KC75Marine View Post
    INCORRECT Marine. The Peccary IS directly related to the Pig. Both are Suina. Only difference is Genus.

I LIVE for science!!!

ASUPops...you saved my day....! No wonder I majored in acct and not science....!

Pigs to all of us down here....!

Anyway, T and F going to be a battle between the Rams and Hogs...am going to Kingsville early Thursday morning to start with the decath, Angelo will be well represented...

lantana

ASUPops...you saved my day....! No wonder I majored in acct and not science....!

Anyway, T and F going to be a battle between the Rams and Hogs...am going to Kingsville early Thursday morning to start with the decath, Angelo will be well represented...

lantana
    Hahaha. Well, for me its biomedical science, physiology, and genetics.....amongst a few others. But, I also hold an MBA & N.D.....so kind of a "jack-of-all trades"....lol

It should be one heck of a battle!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Hahaha. Well, for me its biomedical science, physiology, and genetics.....amongst a few others. But, I also hold an MBA & N.D.....so kind of a "jack-of-all trades"....lol

It should be one heck of a battle!!!!
    When I grow up, I want to be ASU Pops! LOL!

How many years did all of that take? And are you still at it?

Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post

He may be still working on his BFD......

INCORRECT Marine. The Peccary IS directly related to the Pig. Both are Suina. Only difference is Genus.

I LIVE for science!!!
    but is it a pig?? LOL

lantana
    I've always wondered why it appears other programs don't put the emphasis on the multis like ASU does. If we perform like the seedings are done currently, ASU will pick up huge points in the multi (especially on the men's side) that could go a long way to determine who wins the whole thing. I guess it is just a difference of opinion and what you are good at. I believe Tom was a multi guy here at ASU when he was running so maybe that is it.

I LIVE for science!!!
    So you're saying I can turn them into bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    If you can turn a turkey into bacon, why the heck not?

NO YOU DONT!!!

I really never stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    Am I saying that?

Show me!

If you can turn a turkey into bacon, why the heck not?
    Hahaha.

I LIVE for science!!!
    Pigs, hogs and peccaries are all members of the order Artiodactyla, or the even-toed ungulates. Other members of the order include giraffes, hippopotamuses and musk deer. The eight genera of pigs and hogs, divided into 16 species, are all members of the Suidae family, while peccaries are members of the Tayassuidae family. Pigs and hogs are native to Europe, Asia and Africa. The Old World peccaries are extinct, leaving only the three species native to the Americas.

So, while peccarries and pigs are all even-toed ungulates, so are giraffes, and hippos. So tell me, how is hippo bacon? I never see that at the store.

If it doesn't oink or have a curled up tail it's not a pig or a hog. Personally I think a peccary is a step above pork - they are the only native American of the 3.

https://animals.mom.me/difference-be...cary-5943.html

All I know is that if you get them little enough, they are sure tasty. Once over 150 pounds, they aren't worth moving from where you shoot them.

Now regular porkers! MMMM, home grown pork really spoils you!

Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    Pigs, hogs and peccaries are all members of the order Artiodactyla, or the even-toed ungulates. Other members of the order include giraffes, hippopotamuses and musk deer. The eight genera of pigs and hogs, divided into 16 species, are all members of the Suidae family, while peccaries are members of the Tayassuidae family. Pigs and hogs are native to Europe, Asia and Africa. The Old World peccaries are extinct, leaving only the three species native to the Americas.

So, while peccarries and pigs are all even-toed ungulates, so are giraffes, and hippos. So tell me, how is hippo bacon? I never see that at the store.

If it doesn't oink or have a curled up tail it's not a pig or a hog. Personally I think a peccary is a step above pork - they are the only native American of the 3.

https://animals.mom.me/difference-be...cary-5943.html

Take genetics classes and get back to me.

I suggest the author of this "story" also takes classes. *smdh*

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    All I know is that if you get them little enough, they are sure tasty. Once over 150 pounds, they aren't worth moving from where you shoot them.

Now regular porkers! MMMM, home grown pork really spoils you!
    Do they get to 150 lbs????

I thought 45-85 lbs.

Are we all talking about the same animal????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast