Thread: Lincoln HC / DC Leaving

Contribute to D2

Default Lincoln HC / DC Leaving

1. Breaking: Lincoln University head football coach Steven Smith has resigned after 2 seasons at LU. Smith tells me that he has an opportunity to move back to coaching professional football. Blue Tigers OC Malik Hoskins will serve as interim head coach. (tweet)

2. Phil Pitts will return to Helias High School as Defensive Coordinator for Chris Hentges and the Crusaders. Pitts is stepping down as DC at Lincoln University, a post he held the past two seasons. (tweet)

Abandon ship!

Default Re: Lincoln HC / DC Leaving

Welcome back to MIAA football Lincoln, where MSSU will finally crawl out of the cellar.

I like the enthusiasm. I also feel bad for Lincoln.

Dear Mr. MIAA...please revoke Lincoln's admission to MIAA and send them back to playing Pee Wee Football somewhere else.

With the MIAA no longer requiring football - will Lincoln just drop football? #Pleaselittlebabyjesus
    Pain is a gift Without the capacity for pain, we can't feel the hurt we inflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    I like the enthusiasm. I also feel bad for Lincoln.
    I agree, I feel sorry for their players who get pounded every week and their coaches, who don't have the resources to compete in the MIAA. The rest of the conference can't take any pleasure from drilling these kids every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    I agree, I feel sorry for their players who get pounded every week and their coaches, who don't have the resources to compete in the MIAA. The rest of the conference can't take any pleasure from drilling these kids every week.
    Then again, there's always the boneheads at NW who, in all their infinite wisdom, thought it would be a great idea to schedule Lincoln for Homecoming. Embarrassingly dumb. Just dumb. Cheerleaders have their work cut out for them come gameday.

Quote Originally Posted by ZubCat81 View Post
    Then again, there's always the boneheads at NW who, in all their infinite wisdom, thought it would be a great idea to schedule Lincoln for Homecoming. Embarrassingly dumb. Just dumb. Cheerleaders have their work cut out for them come gameday.
    My dad drove down and went to a Pitt homecoming one year. It was against Lincoln. He hasn't been to a Pitt game since.

Then again, I'm not sure the folks at NW have much to do with who the schedule poops out for homecoming.

NW doesn't make the schedule - the conference does. So home games in October were Pitt or Lincoln.
    Pain is a gift Without the capacity for pain, we can't feel the hurt we inflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    My dad drove down and went to a Pitt homecoming one year. It was against Lincoln. He hasn't been to a Pitt game since.

Then again, I'm not sure the folks at NW have much to do with who the schedule poops out for homecoming.
    I can remember the 2016 NW Homecoming game...it was like Lincoln coming in but wearing Crimson/Gold and subject to the "Lateral"

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatDude View Post
    NW doesn't make the schedule - the conference does. So home games in October were Pitt or Lincoln.
    Add in the fact it was lindenwood scheduled for homecoming until they left the league and Lincoln was plugged into their place in the schedule.

Then move Homecoming. Can't do the following weekend vs Northeastern. Doesn't cut it. Settle for October 12 vs Pitt State. Would be an ok game.

Then move Homecoming. Can't do the following weekend vs Northeastern. Doesn't cut it. Settle for October 12 vs Pitt State. Would be an ok game.
    Makes sense to me. But, how will NW defend Pitt's new Hook and Ladder Punt? Credit goes to Predatory Primates for inventing the H-L-P.
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 05-18-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Moving homecoming would be about as popular as moving Christmas.

Why would you inconvenience 7,000+ people to accommodate 100 people?

The athletic department doesn't want a rival or good opponent as the homecoming game. They will be able to sell tickets against those teams. They want homecoming against the Lincolns of the world because otherwise not as many people want to attend games against those teams. Considering homecoming is decided over a year in advance, is approved by the board of regents, and the academic calendar schedules around it there's virtually no chance it is changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Why would you inconvenience 7,000+ people to accommodate 100 people?
    Uhh, when did any institution of higher learning ever GAS about inconveniencing anybody except the people who give a crap load of $? HC is pretty much a sellout these days considering the success of the NW football program no matter the opponent. NW needs people in the seats and the town needs people in the hotels to help pay for the "barn" regardless of opponent or event.
    Last edited by CatFan88; 05-18-2019 at 05:32 PM.

i'm confused why this can't be the hc game
    hc is about parade & booze

the problem with lincoln is that they are in the league & on the sched to begin w/. where they land is meh.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

19. Default Re: Lincoln HC / DC Leaving

[QUOTE=Predatory Primates;2383980]My dad drove down and went to a Pitt homecoming one year. It was against Lincoln. He hasn't been to a Pitt game since.

Are you sure it wasn't the halftime (sorority) pig wrestling that ran him off?
    Last edited by Donkeydamus; 05-21-2019 at 03:29 PM.

With the MIAA no longer requiring football - will Lincoln just drop football? #Pleaselittlebabyjesus
    Lincoln still has a football team?!