Thread: NFL

Default NFL

The only SAC player drafted was the Sims kid from Limestone. I believe invites to tryout camps start being issued this week but so far haven't seen anything about any of our guys getting them. Let us know if'n ya hear anything.

We need to crank it up in here. The SAC board is getting about as interesting as dry oatmeal.

Possible new Topics:
    1. Can LRU go undefeated and win the natty?
    2. Who will be conference runner up?
    3. If Coach Tim's Hawaiian recruits make the Mars Hill Lions contenders where will he recruit next year?
    4. What has happened to the Brown Derby? I thought Newberry got permanent possession but I hear PC now has it!!????
    Da Bears

Default Re: NFL

It's actually Joshua Simmons, and he was not drafted but signed as a free agent by the Bears, where the wide receiver coach is former Limestone head coach Mike Furrey.

Congratulations to Josh Simmons for getting a FA invite. I'm curious why Wingate's Cardell Rawlings hasn't received an invite. He was Super Region 2 Defensive player of the year, All American on 3 different ratings and holds conference and school records for sacks and tackles for loss. I heard he had a great pro day.

Catawba's CJ Cain signed with the Maine Mammoths http://mainemammoths.com