Thread: IUP picks up D1 xfr

Contribute to D2

Default IUP picks up D1 xfr

Morris Xfrs from Tenn St U

From Erie Times-News

https://www.goerie.com/sports/201904...etball-for-iup

Former Strong Vincent star transfers from Tennessee State
    David Morris thrilled Erie-area fans for years with highlight reel plays, including powerful dunks and long 3-pointers for Strong Vincent High School.
    Area fans will get a chance to see Morris play in person for the next three season after he announced on Monday that he will transfer to powerhouse Indiana (Pa.).
    “I believe the program has a strong winning tradition with great fans,” Morris said. “I’m ready to be a part of it and go to work nationwide. They showed nothing but love and trust in my game and as a young man, and that’s all I could ask for.”
    Morris, the only 2,000-point scorer in Erie County boys basketball history, attended Division I Tennessee State over the past two years. He redshirted his first year before playing in 28 games this past winter, including four starts.
    Morris averaged 4.5 points and 1.6 rebounds per game to go along with 27 assists and 19 steals for the Tigers. He announced on March 29 that he would be transferring to a new school.
    Morris has three years of eligibility left and joins an IUP program that features Farrell graduate Malik Miller and Meadville graduate Armoni Foster. Miller is one of the top players for the Crimson Hawks, while Foster played his way into the starting lineup this past winter.
    Each of the three graduated from high school as his school’s all-time scorer.
    Morris and Foster shared the District 10 Player of the Year award as seniors.

Default Re: IUP picks up D1 xfr

Sorry, I guess you guys already know about this.
    I just don't keep up with PSAC BBall that much anymore.

3. Default Re: IUP picks up D1 xfr

At any rate it is great to hear from you again. Where have you been? I see that your boy Cleve is back at Gannon. An awesome hire to say the least.

-

4. Default Re: IUP picks up D1 xfr

Great pick up for IUP. 3 years of eligibility left. Morris is an exciting guard!