Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buff Stadium ticket prices

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Buff Stadium ticket prices

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    If you choose club seating with a $425 one-time capital contribution and pay $425 for season tickets for the next five years, that's an investments of $2,550. (The $425 season ticket price is for 6 home games. It would be proportionally less on a 5 game season). Divided by 30 games, the cost per seat per game is $85. That comes with the best parking. A good quality meal included plus non-alcoholic beverage. Access to the Buffalo Club area that has lounge seating and will have numerous TV's. As an overall package, that seems like a fair value.

I have a friend in Cedar Park who pays $6,000 a year for two 10 Yard line Cowboys tickets. He parks a half-mile away and hoofs it to the game. I get the best seat in the house for free (TV).
    Here is the thing, if I can get to club seating. I would do it but I am too low food chain. I am only a Buff nation level. Finger cross. Hope I get a chance to get it

Quote Originally Posted by chivas_gold View Post
    Here is the thing, if I can get to club seating. I would do it but I am too low food chain. I am only a Buff nation level. Finger cross. Hope I get a chance to get it
    When I had a young family, Club seating would have been out of my budget for sure. Besides, the $150 season ticket chair backs are great seats. $25 a game. WT needs to fill this seats just a much as they need to sell Club seating. We need to sell it out and make the place rock. If our team is good and the place rocks, you want opposing teams to walk away with a loss and the feeling that "damn, that's a tough place to play!"
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-12-2019 at 12:28 PM.

When I had a young family, Club seating would have been out of my budget for sure. Besides the $150 season ticket chair backs are great seats. $25 a game. WT needs to fill this seats just a much as they need to sell Club seating. We need to sell it out and make the place rock. If our team is good and the place rocks, you want opposing teams to walk away with a loss and the feeling that "damn, that's a tough place to play!"
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by JavsFan View Post
    Or just a non-deductible expense.
    My CPA, who is also a Buffalo Club member, said the only part that is not deductible is the cost of the seat.
    Buffalo Club and Captial Contribution are deductible.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

5. Default Re: Buff Stadium ticket prices

Quote Originally Posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    My CPA, who is also a Buffalo Club member, said the only part that is not deductible is the cost of the seat.
    Buffalo Club and Captial Contribution are deductible.
    Before 2018, a payment to a college in exchange for the right to buy tickets qualified for an 80% deduction of the amount paid (not for the tickets but for the right to buy tickets). The TCJA repealed that provision.

Situation 1 - tickets for Section A (value $100) were available for purchase by the general public regardless of whether or not there is any donation. Buffalo Cheap buys one ticket for $100. Buffalo Chip donates $10,000 and gets 5 tickets. He can deduct $9,500 as a donation.

Situation 2 - tickets for Section B (value $100) were available for purchase but Buffalo Club members at the Grand Poobah level ($10,000), but not available for purchase to anyone that does not donate that much. Buffalo Chip donates $10,000 and has the right to purchase tickets. None of the $10,000 is deductible.

The distinction between the two is if the payment/membership level is required in order to purchase the desired tickets. The tickets can be part of a package, but must be available for purchase separate of contribution/membership level.

I doubt a D2 school would require a certain membership level in order to purchase tickets. There is more supply than demand.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by JavsFan View Post
    Before 2018, a payment to a college in exchange for the right to buy tickets qualified for an 80% deduction of the amount paid (not for the tickets but for the right to buy tickets). The TCJA repealed that provision.

Situation 1 - tickets for Section A (value $100) were available for purchase by the general public regardless of whether or not there is any donation. Buffalo Cheap buys one ticket for $100. Buffalo Chip donates $10,000 and gets 5 tickets. He can deduct $9,500 as a donation.

Situation 2 - tickets for Section B (value $100) were available for purchase but Buffalo Club members at the Grand Poobah level ($10,000), but not available for purchase to anyone that does not donate that much. Buffalo Chip donates $10,000 and has the right to purchase tickets. None of the $10,000 is deductible.

The distinction between the two is if the payment/membership level is required in order to purchase the desired tickets. The tickets can be part of a package, but must be available for purchase separate of contribution/membership level.

I doubt a D2 school would require a certain membership level in order to purchase tickets. There is more supply than demand.
    LMAO......Ya think?

My family and I were pretty much priced out of the Club seating when they added in the donations. The exact numbers are pretty staggering for a young family but as Chip said it is normal at this point in my life. Hopefully one day when it is just myself and my wife we can afford it but for a family of 6 the price point blew my mind. It is about $450 per seat + $750 one time donation per seat(can be paid off over 3 years) + $450 annual gift per seat and those are the cheap club seats. There are even more expensive ones.

I have instead decided to try and get the Family Box Seats on the east side( on the west side they are about double the price). $150 per seat + $250 one time donation per seat (can be paid off over 3 years) + $150 annual gift per seat.

My pricing is direct from WT. Hopefully there will be one family box seat available by the time I am given a chance to order. I am only a Varsity Circle donor so I am one of the lower tiers.

For what I'm paying at WT, my College Station seats would be in a stadium toilet.
    I wonder if attendance will be higher for club/chairback. I know when I would go to Kimbrough I would see alot of empty reserved chairback seats. For the price of the new tickets I would imagine most people would not want to waste their money.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffTough View Post
    I wonder if attendance will be higher for club/chairback. I know when I would go to Kimbrough I would see alot of empty reserved chairback seats. For the price of the new tickets I would imagine most people would not want to waste their money.
    Many, many, many of those empty chair backs were sold to businesses/corporations. A lot of no shows. Expect the same to happen at Buffalo Stadium.

I would encourage the ticket office to come up with a resale plan. For example, if a business owns 8 seats and no one is going to use them for this week's game, they should, on short notice, be able to put them back in the ticket pool and make them available for resale to the general public. The business get's a 50% credit on the sale and WT makes 50%. I don't know if the ticket software has that capability, but it'd be a win for the business, WT, and fans.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-13-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Many, many, many of those empty chair backs were sold to businesses/corporations. A lot of no shows. Expect the same to happen at Buffalo Stadium.

I would encourage the ticket office to come up with a resale plan. For example, if a business owns 8 seats and no one is going to use them for this week's game, they should, on short notice, be able to put them back in the ticket pool and make them available for resale to the general public. The business get's a 50% credit on the sale and WT makes 50%. I don't know if the ticket software has that capability, but it'd be a win for the business, WT, and fans.
    I have asked a similar question, specifically about letting friends use the seats if we can't make it. Seems they are considering all of this, but it WON'T be in place for the first year.

Quote Originally Posted by ras619 View Post
    I have asked a similar question, specifically about letting friends use the seats if we can't make it. Seems they are considering all of this, but it WON'T be in place for the first year.
    So you are saying that possession of the ticket isn't good enough to get to use it? ...or are you referring to having the tickets reissued for someone else to pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post
    So you are saying that possession of the ticket isn't good enough to get to use it? ...or are you referring to having the tickets reissued for someone else to pick up?
    Credentials (ticketing): WT will use paper tickets and will also have electronic tickets for use through the cell phone. The paper tickets are primarily because of the businesses which use those to pass out or pass around for use, however if we want paper that is available too. There is serious discussion about also utilizing the lanyards w/electronic scans also. The electronic tickets can also be mailed to someone else in case we wanted to "give away" when we are not going to attend. I believe all three types will come into play this coming year & maybe the 2nd year while they monitor what most people are actually using. I'm told that they will closely police the access to the club level & maybe the suite area (latter should be owner controlled). Access to both Suite Level & Club Level is by elevator that will require the "credentials" which I suspect will quickly encourage the electronic scans.

Credentials (ticketing): WT will use paper tickets and will also have electronic tickets for use through the cell phone. The paper tickets are primarily because of the businesses which use those to pass out or pass around for use, however if we want paper that is available too. There is serious discussion about also utilizing the lanyards w/electronic scans also. The electronic tickets can also be mailed to someone else in case we wanted to "give away" when we are not going to attend. I believe all three types will come into play this coming year & maybe the 2nd year while they monitor what most people are actually using. I'm told that they will closely police the access to the club level & maybe the suite area (latter should be owner controlled). Access to both Suite Level & Club Level is by elevator that will require the "credentials" which I suspect will quickly encourage the electronic scans.
    I have a close friend who is a former employee of AT&T. He is now retired. One of his responsibilities was the tickets for AT&T Jones stadium. If you owned a suite you wore lanyards to get in the suite. If you were a guest, admission was with a paper ticket. Reserved seating (outdoor) was also paper tickets. I would think a system similar to that would be used at Wt.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

14. Default Re: Buff Stadium ticket prices

More Ticket comparisons- First A&M uses paper or electronic tickets and you can choose which you want when you buy or renew your season tickets. You can convert to electronic from the paper anytime during the season. It takes a little work because you have to take the ticket# which can be 12 #'s or combination of letters and #'s and transfer every ticket individually. The Digital tickets are part of stub hub so you can sell them or transfer to anyone you want right up to the last minute before the game. The ticket takers scan your phone just like using your phone for Southwest airlines tickets.If you sell them the money goes into your account that you can use to buy tickets or the money can be refunded to you. It is good in theory but I have had trouble getting my own tickets to scan this past season. Granted I am not a tech whizz. Once you pass through ticket area if you are going to club sections you will have a paper bracelet put on your wrist which allows you in the club section. Another interesting fact at SEC games if you leave the stadium you are not allowed back in. That is for all ticket levels in the stadium. Was a real downer for the fans that left before the end of the 7 overtime win over LSU.

Comparison of Tech season tickets that are on the first level 15 rows up and on the 40 yard line west side. They will run about $1000.00 per seat for gift and season ticket. This is not a club area. You still have to have points and a certain level of giving(member of the Red Raider Club) to be able to obtain these seats. Tech uses paper tickets for these seats. I'm not sure about club level. At Tech games(Big 12) you can leave the stadium and come back in. Many do this and go and tailgate at half. If the game is not going Tech's way they usually do not return. Or if there is lots of free adult beverages.

15. Default Re: Buff Stadium ticket prices

More Ticket comparisons- First A&M uses paper or electronic tickets and you can choose which you want when you buy or renew your season tickets. You can convert to electronic from the paper anytime during the season. It takes a little work because you have to take the ticket# which can be 12 #'s or combination of letters and #'s and transfer every ticket individually. The Digital tickets are part of stub hub so you can sell them or transfer to anyone you want right up to the last minute before the game. The ticket takers scan your phone just like using your phone for Southwest airlines tickets.If you sell them the money goes into your account that you can use to buy tickets or the money can be refunded to you. It is good in theory but I have had trouble getting my own tickets to scan this past season. Granted I am not a tech whizz. Once you pass through ticket area if you are going to club sections you will have a paper bracelet put on your wrist which allows you in the club section. Another interesting fact at SEC games if you leave the stadium you are not allowed back in. That is for all ticket levels in the stadium. Was a real downer for the fans that left before the end of the 7 overtime win over LSU.

Comparison of Tech season tickets that are on the first level 15 rows up and on the 40 yard line west side. They will run about $1000.00 per seat for gift and season ticket. This is not a club area. You still have to have points and a certain level of giving(member of the Red Raider Club) to be able to obtain these seats. Tech uses paper tickets for these seats. I'm not sure about club level. At Tech games(Big 12) you can leave the stadium and come back in. Many do this and go and tailgate at half. If the game is not going Tech's way they usually do not return. Or if there is lots of free adult beverages.

Do any of you know, when does season tickets goes on sale? I saw a video, saying it suppose to be today. I check website but nothing yet.
    Last edited by chivas_gold; 05-01-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Do any of you know, when does season tickets goes on sale? I saw a video, saying it suppose to be today. I check website but nothing yet.
    Believe I saw some form of communication on that, but I remember it only gave the ticket office number to call. 806-651-1400

Believe I saw some form of communication on that, but I remember it only gave the ticket office number to call. 806-651-1400
    Thank you.

I received a WT post card in today's mail. Buffalo Club priority access to purchase season tickets ends May 10. Football season tickets go on sale to the general public on May 13.
    806-651-1400.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-03-2019 at 09:32 PM.

I received a WT post card in today's mail. Buffalo Club priority access to purchase season tickets ends May 10. Football season tickets go on sale to the general public on Mat 13.
    806-651-1400.
    Thanks for the info

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast