Thread: Slippery Rock Grad New AD at IUP

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Slippery Rock Grad New AD at IUP

We all made bad decisions in our youth.

Looks like a good hire. Especially the background in fundraising, corporate fundraising, and facilities development.

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Looks like a good hire. Especially the background in fundraising, corporate fundraising, and facilities development.
    Correct. The athletic department he's coming from makes most in the PSAC look bush league.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post

It’s like the Russians taking over the federal gubmint...

Poor Nation...It must boil his blood to see a Slippery Rock grad running his athletic department...I'm shocked he let it happen...

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    Poor Nation...It must boil his blood to see a Slippery Rock grad running his athletic department...I'm shocked he let it happen...
    It is ironic but let's be real clear ... the AD doesn't run shizzy in that athletic department.

Joe Lombardi is the top of the food chain. Then Tort. Let's not overvalue the position.

Lombardi is probably making double what they gave this guy.

8. Default Re: Slippery Rock Grad New AD at IUP

IUP has interestingly had a number of athletic administrators from rival PSAC schools over the years. Frank Condino was a Lock Haven alum. Former facilities director Ryan Smith was from the Rock. The current one is from Cal.

At least Steve Roach was an IUP grad but that did not keep him here for the long run. I guess the hiring philosophy should be to just secure the services of the best qualified applicant. If they are from a rival school then so be it.

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    IUP has interestingly had a number of athletic administrators from rival PSAC schools over the years. Frank Condino was a Lock Haven alum. Former facilities director Ryan Smith was from the Rock. The current one is from Cal.

At least Steve Roach was an IUP grad but that did not keep him here for the long run. I guess the hiring philosophy should be to just secure the services of the best qualified applicant. If they are from a rival school then so be it.

-

All true, I'm sure, but a Slippery Rock grad?!?! I didn't think they were even allowed in White Township... :P

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    It is ironic but let's be real clear ... the AD doesn't run shizzy in that athletic department.

Joe Lombardi is the top of the food chain. Then Tort. Let's not overvalue the position.

Lombardi is probably making double what they gave this guy.
    That's all public info. Check before you make that leap...

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    All true, I'm sure, but a Slippery Rock grad?!?! I didn't think they were even allowed in White Township... :P
    Pretty sure he grew up in the Indiana area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a Slippery Rock guy work at IUP is nothing. For a number of years, Villanova had an athletic director, Vince Nicastro, who was a St. Joseph's graduate. St. Joe's and Villanova's rivalry is merely called the Holy War.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    Having a Slippery Rock guy work at IUP is nothing. For a number of years, Villanova had an athletic director, Vince Nicastro, who was a St. Joseph's graduate. St. Joe's and Villanova's rivalry is merely called the Holy War.
    Also the factor that aside from 3-4 people on this board ... not a soul cares he went to SRU. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Also the factor that aside from 3-4 people on this board ... not a soul cares he went to SRU. Just sayin'

Everyone makes a poor choice sometime in life. Seems like he made his when choosing a college.