Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New NSIC

Default New NSIC

When we finally get rid of Augie, here is a possibility for our new addition. Although this may be even worse.

http://www.startribune.com/miac-riva...mas/508145182/

Default Re: New NSIC

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    When we finally get rid of Augie, here is a possibility for our new addition. Although this may be even worse.

I've used up my free ST articles, but I can see it's St Thomas. They would be formidable immediately and would be a very strong program within 2-3 years. At most. Agree, that could be worse than Augie!

3. Default Re: New NSIC

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    I've used up my free ST articles, but I can see it's St Thomas. They would be formidable immediately and would be a very strong program within 2-3 years. At most. Agree, that could be worse than Augie!
    Hell, Jon Tauer out recruits Joey right now in the cities, could you see the damage he would do if they go Division 2.

4. Default Re: New NSIC

As an Augie grad with siblings that attended St Thomas, I can almost guarantee that St. Thomas would generate far more ill will than Augie ever has. On the bright side, it might be the only way to get the Twin Cities media to pay attention to the NSIC.

I don’t see St. Thomas getting the boot from the MIAC, but I’ve been wrong before.
    Last edited by NSICball; 04-05-2019 at 02:07 PM.

EDIT: I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by Stanger86; 04-05-2019 at 02:03 PM.

ust could easily make transition to d2. Top education and facilities. If they could get scholarships they would be able to recruit with anyone.

7. Default Re: New NSIC

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    EDIT: I'm an idiot.
    I know, right. :)

I know, right. :)
    This reminds of when Cretin got expelled from the St. Paul City Conference for being too good. No doubt St. Thomas would be very formidable very soon in the NSIC. They already have better facilities than many of the schools and plenty of money. Would be tough on Concordia. Still be surprised if they kicked out but if they feel not wanted they might start looking anyway. Replacement for Augustana would be logical. Maybe Angie gets the early boot to make room. Wouldn’t that be classic. The institution aside, it would make a lot more sense geographically than searching out somebody even closer to the edge of the earth.

Bring on UST and let's make this a MN only conference already

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Bring on UST and let's make this a MN only conference already
    How is that better?

How is that better?
    It's not.

12. Default Re: New NSIC

How is that better?
    10 team league winona, mankato, Southwest, Concordia, St. Thomas, St. Cloud, Moorhead, Crookston, Bemidji and Duluth. Nice travel costs, and an 18 game schedule makes for a lot of plusses..

Simple you say St. Thomas could be worse than Augustana, I could assume you mean winning national championships. Sure hope Cloud doesn't threaten to drop football again or the Huskies could be trading places with the Tommies. Having all teams inside the MN border is a bit like inbreeding. Present your all MN conference to the powers to be and it will float like a lead balloon. One plus you could put the basketball tourney back in Rochester with 400 people with their hands on laps. May you be able to keep referring well into you're golden years;)

i am opposed to a Minnesota Conference. I think Wayne, Northern, and USF are great rivals for SMSU

Shooter said in today’s Pioneer Press that if St. Thomas gets ejected the remaining members will then turn their attention to getting rid of St. John’s. Sounds like the MIAC is full of small thinking losers.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Shooter said in today’s Pioneer Press that if St. Thomas gets ejected the remaining members will then turn their attention to getting rid of St. John’s. Sounds like the MIAC is full of small thinking losers.
    I wonder- if they fail to oust St. Thomas- will any of those lower MIAC schools decide to leave for the UMAC?

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    I wonder- if they fail to oust St. Thomas- will any of those lower MIAC schools decide to leave for the UMAC?
    I’ve heard that lower tier MIAC schools will find another conference for football if UST isn’t kicked out. Interesting enough, macalester would rejoin the MIAC for football if UST gets the boot.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    I’ve heard that lower tier MIAC schools will find another conference for football if UST isn’t kicked out. Interesting enough, macalester would rejoin the MIAC for football if UST gets the boot.
    Someone like Carleton would be better off in the UMAC. I'm kind of surprised that Macalester got in the Midwest Conference for football- all of those schools are pretty far away.

I wonder if this will end up being a moot point. But it does show that the lower lever teams are not happy.

bring in st. Thomas and St. John’s and say goodbye to UIU.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Um, yes. But just remember, they are better than you and me. :)

What it sounds like is they are used to getting what they want and they don't like the big kid playing in their sandbox. So weak.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast