Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gannon

Default Re: Gannon

#wow

I wouldn't be shocked to see Cleve Wright come back to Gannon.

Reilly to Clarion?

#FreeKevinReynolds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    #FreeKevinReynolds

KR could be the next coach in the Hammermill. I would literally fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Reilly to Clarion?
    I'd love it. He'll be beating Gannon within two years.

8. Default Re: Gannon

It’s about time Brunelli is gone. Kelly mazzante should be the next coach. Reilly turned to many people off with a boring style of play. Season ticket sales plummeted under him. A change was needed. It’s a great day for many who follow Gannon basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjtheman View Post
    It’s about time Brunelli is gone. Kelly mazzante should be the next coach. Reilly turned to many people off with a boring style of play. Season ticket sales plummeted under him. A change was needed. It’s a great day for many who follow Gannon basketball.
    Shut up... you're clueless!

10. Default Re: Gannon

Shut up... you're clueless!
    Fu dick

11. Default Re: Gannon

From Gannon's website:

"Reilly begins his 14th season as the head coach at Gannon University in 2018-19. He enters the campaign among the best men’s basketball coaches in the country. Reilly ranks 22nd among all active NCAA Division II coaches in victories (463) and 95th in winning percentage (.616). The longest-tenured coach in program history, Reilly reached a pair of milestones in 2014-15. He earned his 400th career victory with a 55-54 win against West Chester on December 17, 2014. Reilly then became Gannon’s all-time winningest men’s basketball coach when he guided the Golden Knights to a 59-57 overtime victory at California (Pa.) on February 21, 2015."

If Reilly had earned these credentials at another D-II school and applied for the Gannon job this year, any rational AD without an axe to grind against Reilly would hire him.

I hope the clueless AD and the President prepared for the backlash, because there will be one from alums and donors.

Be careful what you wish for.

Fu dick
    Attendance has declined everywhere in D2 sports, not just at Gannon. Maybe they should upgrade their facilities. That might bring in fans and better players. Reilly has taken Gannon to the region tournament numerous times in his tenure. You people that continuously call for his head are clueless about the game of basketball. Just because you didn't like his style he needed to go. Get out of here with that stuff. He wins, that's the bottom line. Why don't you worry about getting rid of that trash football coach of yours first. He's the one that needs to be fired!

13. Default Re: Gannon

Attendance has declined everywhere in D2 sports, not just at Gannon. Maybe they should upgrade their facilities. That might bring in fans and better players. Reilly has taken Gannon to the region tournament numerous times in his tenure. You people that continuously call for his head are clueless about the game of basketball. Just because you didn't like his style he needed to go. Get out of here with that stuff. He wins, that's the bottom line. Why don't you worry about getting rid of that trash football coach of yours first. He's the one that needs to be fired!
    Reilly has had some pretty pathetic seasons. I’m certain the new coach will win more consistently than him considering the resources they will be given. If he’s that good of a coach I’m sure he’ll turn some program around. I don’t see it happening though. We’ll see.

Mass transfers gonna be leaving Erie

Reilly has had some pretty pathetic seasons. I’m certain the new coach will win more consistently than him considering the resources they will be given. If he’s that good of a coach I’m sure he’ll turn some program around. I don’t see it happening though. We’ll see.
    You just got rid of Gannon's all time career winning coach. Enough said... clueless fans!!!

16. Default Re: Gannon

You just got rid of Gannon's all time career winning coach. Enough said... clueless fans!!!
    He didn’t win last year. Very few fans stayed to see it anyway. Let the party begin. Finally hope for school with a great basketball tradition. Go knights

Be careful what you wish for ... grass is only greener some of the time.

It wasn't JR's fault his star big man decided to retire the summer entering his senior year. Nor was it his fault Webb missed the whole season.

JR ran a clean program and won way more than he lost. Seems the coach across town just missed the Final Four playing the same style.

He was a bit of an enigma at Gannon. Half the fans loved him. Half hated him. They sure loved him last year.

They just fired a coach who was one of the Deans of PSAC basketball. It's not an easy job there. The facilities are horrendously bad and dated. The Hammermill could be used to make a 1950s basketball movie.

The fanbase so entralled with running him out of town is also the fanbase hoping 1988 returns tomorrow.

JR will be fine. He'll get the first job he applies for at this level. I sure hope it's in Clarion. It would be fantastic to see that 'boring' team hold Gannon to 45 points.

But, yes, how you fire JR and keep that clown football coach is just mind-boggling. JR ran a respected program. The football show there is the bottom of an outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    KR could be the next coach in the Hammermill. I would literally fall over.

Gannon would be good again quickly

Be careful what you wish for ... grass is only greener some of the time.

It wasn't JR's fault his star big man decided to retire the summer entering his senior year. Nor was it his fault Webb missed the whole season.

JR ran a clean program and won way more than he lost. Seems the coach across town just missed the Final Four playing the same style.

He was a bit of an enigma at Gannon. Half the fans loved him. Half hated him. They sure loved him last year.

They just fired a coach who was one of the Deans of PSAC basketball. It's not an easy job there. The facilities are horrendously bad and dated. The Hammermill could be used to make a 1950s basketball movie.

The fanbase so entralled with running him out of town is also the fanbase hoping 1988 returns tomorrow.

JR will be fine. He'll get the first job he applies for at this level. I sure hope it's in Clarion. It would be fantastic to see that 'boring' team hold Gannon to 45 points.

But, yes, how you fire JR and keep that clown football coach is just mind-boggling. JR ran a respected program. The football show there is the bottom of an outhouse.

Well said. Agreed. I’ll be interested in seeing if he stays in the PSAC.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Cleve Wright come back to Gannon.
    I would. It's a losing proposition to compete against your own legacy.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast