Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gannon

Hybrid View

Default Re: Gannon

#wow

I wouldn't be shocked to see Cleve Wright come back to Gannon.

Reilly to Clarion?

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Reilly to Clarion?
    I'd love it. He'll be beating Gannon within two years.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked to see Cleve Wright come back to Gannon.
    I would. It's a losing proposition to compete against your own legacy.

Well, I don't know what to say. Didn't see this coming ... Still really can't believe that GU would let both coaches go on the same day. Trying to process it.

Reilly's teams always played hard. Maximum effort. Good students. No knuckleheads. He was really well-liked by the administration, or so I thought. That said, slow, defense-first basketball only works with most fans if you win consistently. Four wins at home isn't the best thing. People were getting impatient after 14 years. The winning seasons were great, but fans aren't used to Gannon bottoming out like this. Riles was always nice to me and my family, though. I would be happy for my son to play for him.

Brunelli followed the best WBB coach in Gannon history. He never seemed to win recruiting battles and had some issues with players. The team really scuffled under his tenure. Though I thought that the team as composed could start contending again.

All that said, I hate to see people you know lose their jobs. I see both coaches and their families around Erie quite a bit. Not an easy day for either of them.

PSAC doubleheaders sure will be different at the Hammermill next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    Well, I don't know what to say. Didn't see this coming ... Still really can't believe that GU would let both coaches go on the same day. Trying to process it.

Reilly's teams always played hard. Maximum effort. Good students. No knuckleheads. He was really well-liked by the administration, or so I thought. That said, slow, defense-first basketball only works with most fans if you win consistently. Four wins at home isn't the best thing. People were getting impatient after 14 years. The winning seasons were great, but fans aren't used to Gannon bottoming out like this. Riles was always nice to me and my family, though. I would be happy for my son to play for him.

Brunelli followed the best WBB coach in Gannon history. He never seemed to win recruiting battles and had some issues with players. The team really scuffled under his tenure. Though I thought that the team as composed could start contending again.

All that said, I hate to see people you know lose their jobs. I see both coaches and their families around Erie quite a bit. Not an easy day for either of them.

PSAC doubleheaders sure will be different at the Hammermill next year.
    The writing was on the wall. That wench of an AD had it in for Reilly right from the get go. She just had to ride out his contract. The correct move would've been to get rid of that piece of garbage football coach!

9. Default Re: Gannon

First time poster, long time follower. Mercyhurst has no presence on this board so I feel it’s time for me to help that.

It’s a new world at Mercyhurst. President committed millions to athletics for the new AD. New AD fired women’s coach finally. We are all over the paper stealing headlines from Gannon for first time in years. From what I heard, Cleve was going to the Hurst until Gannon cleaned house. Then he bailed at last second. Desperate times for Gannon if you ask me. They know the campus on the hill is moving in the right direction. Let them have Cleve. Plenty of great options out there for MU. does Gannon double down and try to steal Manchel too? Can’t see Mercyhurst allowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurst72 View Post
    First time poster, long time follower. Mercyhurst has no presence on this board so I feel it’s time for me to help that.

It’s a new world at Mercyhurst. President committed millions to athletics for the new AD. New AD fired women’s coach finally. We are all over the paper stealing headlines from Gannon for first time in years. From what I heard, Cleve was going to the Hurst until Gannon cleaned house. Then he bailed at last second. Desperate times for Gannon if you ask me. They know the campus on the hill is moving in the right direction. Let them have Cleve. Plenty of great options out there for MU. does Gannon double down and try to steal Manchel too? Can’t see Mercyhurst allowing it.
    You're new AD is a goof! I met him at the regional. Why wouldn't he put any money into that shack of a gym?

#FreeKevinReynolds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    #FreeKevinReynolds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KR could be the next coach in the Hammermill. I would literally fall over.

13. Default Re: Gannon

It’s about time Brunelli is gone. Kelly mazzante should be the next coach. Reilly turned to many people off with a boring style of play. Season ticket sales plummeted under him. A change was needed. It’s a great day for many who follow Gannon basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjtheman View Post
    It’s about time Brunelli is gone. Kelly mazzante should be the next coach. Reilly turned to many people off with a boring style of play. Season ticket sales plummeted under him. A change was needed. It’s a great day for many who follow Gannon basketball.
    Shut up... you're clueless!

15. Default Re: Gannon

Shut up... you're clueless!
    Fu dick

16. Default Re: Gannon

From Gannon's website:

"Reilly begins his 14th season as the head coach at Gannon University in 2018-19. He enters the campaign among the best men’s basketball coaches in the country. Reilly ranks 22nd among all active NCAA Division II coaches in victories (463) and 95th in winning percentage (.616). The longest-tenured coach in program history, Reilly reached a pair of milestones in 2014-15. He earned his 400th career victory with a 55-54 win against West Chester on December 17, 2014. Reilly then became Gannon’s all-time winningest men’s basketball coach when he guided the Golden Knights to a 59-57 overtime victory at California (Pa.) on February 21, 2015."

If Reilly had earned these credentials at another D-II school and applied for the Gannon job this year, any rational AD without an axe to grind against Reilly would hire him.

I hope the clueless AD and the President prepared for the backlash, because there will be one from alums and donors.

Be careful what you wish for.

Fu dick
    Attendance has declined everywhere in D2 sports, not just at Gannon. Maybe they should upgrade their facilities. That might bring in fans and better players. Reilly has taken Gannon to the region tournament numerous times in his tenure. You people that continuously call for his head are clueless about the game of basketball. Just because you didn't like his style he needed to go. Get out of here with that stuff. He wins, that's the bottom line. Why don't you worry about getting rid of that trash football coach of yours first. He's the one that needs to be fired!

18. Default Re: Gannon

Attendance has declined everywhere in D2 sports, not just at Gannon. Maybe they should upgrade their facilities. That might bring in fans and better players. Reilly has taken Gannon to the region tournament numerous times in his tenure. You people that continuously call for his head are clueless about the game of basketball. Just because you didn't like his style he needed to go. Get out of here with that stuff. He wins, that's the bottom line. Why don't you worry about getting rid of that trash football coach of yours first. He's the one that needs to be fired!
    Reilly has had some pretty pathetic seasons. I’m certain the new coach will win more consistently than him considering the resources they will be given. If he’s that good of a coach I’m sure he’ll turn some program around. I don’t see it happening though. We’ll see.

Reilly has had some pretty pathetic seasons. I’m certain the new coach will win more consistently than him considering the resources they will be given. If he’s that good of a coach I’m sure he’ll turn some program around. I don’t see it happening though. We’ll see.
    You just got rid of Gannon's all time career winning coach. Enough said... clueless fans!!!

Mass transfers gonna be leaving Erie

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast