Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 261 to 277 of 277

Thread: Gannon

  1. #261

    Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjtheman View Post
    Anything is going to be better than what that clown coach put on the floor last year.

    Hard to find any positives in an 11-18 record.

    But, he had some real back luck last year. Evan Phoenix leaving the team entering his senior season was devastating. Then, you lose your best player (Webb) for the season in the first week.

    Not many coaches recover from those types of losses. Coaches can talk about 'next man up' and all that happy cliche garbage ... but, it doesn't work that way.

  2. #262

    Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Those are the exact things that they don't want people to know. They don't want anyone to know how bad it is!
    Sorry to repeat this ... the site is not affiliated with the university or the athletic department. The university is stingy with information (to a very frustrating degree), but the Gannon Hoops site has no control over the release of information.

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,657
    Rep Power
    24070

    Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    Sorry to repeat this ... the site is not affiliated with the university or the athletic department. The university is stingy with information (to a very frustrating degree), but the Gannon Hoops site has no control over the release of information.
    Once again, nobody said that site was affiliated with the University! You and MJ getting a little butt hurt??? MJ hasn't gone to a game in years according to him but yet he "knows" what's going on. hahahahaha

  4. Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Once again, nobody said that site was affiliated with the University! You and MJ getting a little butt hurt??? MJ hasn't gone to a game in years according to him but yet he "knows" what's going on. hahahahaha
    Me and hundreds of others who refused to pay for that garbage of a product Reilly put out there. I played with some of Reilly’s old players as well as Cleve Wright old players. I have a really good idea how each of them were viewed by players and fans. The only angle you had on Gannon basketball was a direct view of Reilly’s ass.

  5. #265
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,657
    Rep Power
    24070

    Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjtheman View Post
    Me and hundreds of others who refused to pay for that garbage of a product Reilly put out there. I played with some of Reilly’s old players as well as Cleve Wright old players. I have a really good idea how each of them were viewed by players and fans. The only angle you had on Gannon basketball was a direct view of Reilly’s ass.
    Typical fair weather fan... take your ball and go home when you don't like what's going on instead of rooting on YOUR team!!!

  6. Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Typical fair weather fan... take your ball and go home when you don't like what's going on instead of rooting on YOUR team!!!
    Rooting for a failed product is idiotic. Many rooted for Reilly to be fired and it worked. That’s what real fans do.

  7. #267

    Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Once again, nobody said that site was affiliated with the University! You and MJ getting a little butt hurt??? MJ hasn't gone to a game in years according to him but yet he "knows" what's going on. hahahahaha
    OK … sometimes it seems like it's implied … no worries.

    Can't speak for MJ, but I have attended nearly every home game, men's & women's for over three decades (missing for only conflicts with family, kids, etc), from the Elite 8 seasons of 1987, 1988, 1990, 2009, 2010, 2013 to the crummy 7-19 season in 2016 and the 7-18 ladies in 1994.

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ft Worth, TX
    Posts
    804
    Rep Power
    7314

    Default Re: Gannon

    Gannon picks up 5th recruit
    Chris Roberts 6'1 170 Morgan Park High,
    Chicago IL

  9. #269

    Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    Gannon picks up 5th recruit
    Chris Roberts 6'1 170 Morgan Park High,
    Chicago IL

    Looks like he's going with a complete, 'ground up' rebuild philosophy. He's loading up with incoming freshmen and not just a slew of transfers. It will make for a long 2019-20 but will lay the foundation for the coming years.

  10. Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Looks like he's going with a complete, 'ground up' rebuild philosophy. He's loading up with incoming freshmen and not just a slew of transfers. It will make for a long 2019-20 but will lay the foundation for the coming years.
    he's going small, too. No real size last year to come back and not much size in recruiting. Mostly guards.

  11. #271
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ft Worth, TX
    Posts
    804
    Rep Power
    7314

    Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by bballfan03 View Post
    he's going small, too. No real size last year to come back and not much size in recruiting. Mostly guards.
    a 6'9 FR and a 6'10 xfr I'd say not bad

  12. #272

    Default Re: Gannon

    The D2 landscape is changing, too. More and more teams want lots of guards and some small forward types.

    The days of the 6'9", 275 lb giants are fading fast. Teams want to play fast and those old-style PSAC bigs can't keep up.

    Look at Mercyhurst last year. Patrick Smith is already being referred to on here as Shaq but he wasn't really that big (6'5" and 225 lbs). I mean, that's big but not big in basketball circles.

  13. Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    a 6'9 FR and a 6'10 xfr I'd say not bad
    and then the rest of the team is 6'1 and 6'2... need some 6'5, 6'6 guys

  14. #274
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ft Worth, TX
    Posts
    804
    Rep Power
    7314

    Default Re: Gannon

    the other 3 signees are 6'1, 6'2, & 6'4

  15. Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    the other 3 signees are 6'1, 6'2, & 6'4
    so mixed with the possible players coming back from last season.. this is what they have.

    6'0 SR PG (24.9 mpg)
    6'0 JR SG (13.8 mpg, 8g)
    6'0 FR G
    6'1 SO PG (16.1 min per game)
    6'1 RS FR G
    6'2 SO SG (28 mpg)
    6'2 FR G
    6'3 RS SR SG (5 games before injury)
    6'4 FR SG
    6'6 SR F (19.6 mpg)
    6'6 RS JR G/F (12.3 mpg, 6 games before injury)
    6'7 JR F (10.6 mpg, 15 games before injury)
    6'8 SR F (4 min total)
    6'8 SO F (26 mpg)
    6'8 FR F
    6'9 SO F (8.3 mpg, 4 games)
    6'10 JR F/C


    so they replaced 6'0, 6'2, 6'4, 6'7, 6'8
    with 6'0, 6'2, 6'4, 6'8, 6'10.

    and the issue last season was they had no inside game... and this here did nothing to fix that. 9 guys 6'4 or smaller, 8 guys 6'6 or over

  16. #276

    Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by bballfan03 View Post
    so mixed with the possible players coming back from last season.. this is what they have.

    6'0 SR PG (24.9 mpg)
    6'0 JR SG (13.8 mpg, 8g)
    6'0 FR G
    6'1 SO PG (16.1 min per game)
    6'1 RS FR G
    6'2 SO SG (28 mpg)
    6'2 FR G
    6'3 RS SR SG (5 games before injury)
    6'4 FR SG
    6'6 SR F (19.6 mpg)
    6'6 RS JR G/F (12.3 mpg, 6 games before injury)
    6'7 JR F (10.6 mpg, 15 games before injury)
    6'8 SR F (4 min total)
    6'8 SO F (26 mpg)
    6'8 FR F
    6'9 SO F (8.3 mpg, 4 games)
    6'10 JR F/C


    so they replaced 6'0, 6'2, 6'4, 6'7, 6'8
    with 6'0, 6'2, 6'4, 6'8, 6'10.

    and the issue last season was they had no inside game... and this here did nothing to fix that. 9 guys 6'4 or smaller, 8 guys 6'6 or over
    You're judging it by height (not talent).

    Patrick Smith at Mercyhurst was 6'5" and dominated last season under the basket. IUP had a giant team last year and struggled to rebound.

    Gannon's problem last year was just a lack of talent.

    They all lie about those heights anyway.

    Some of the best 'big guys' in the PSAC's past 20 years have been 6'6" or 6'5".

    Think of Darry Webb, Daddy Ugbede, Smith, etc.

    The other big issue is those old-school bigs are slow. They can't run the floor in a fast-paced offense. If your new coach wants up-tempo, you can't have those 6'9", 265 lb guys. Look at Micah Till at SRU. If you speed them up he is a completely different player.

    LeBron and KD don't play D2.

    Guys like Cobo Diaz and Dustin Sleva were great players but they are very rare at this level.

  17. Default Re: Gannon

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    You're judging it by height (not talent).

    Patrick Smith at Mercyhurst was 6'5" and dominated last season under the basket. IUP had a giant team last year and struggled to rebound.

    Gannon's problem last year was just a lack of talent.

    They all lie about those heights anyway.

    Some of the best 'big guys' in the PSAC's past 20 years have been 6'6" or 6'5".

    Think of Darry Webb, Daddy Ugbede, Smith, etc.

    The other big issue is those old-school bigs are slow. They can't run the floor in a fast-paced offense. If your new coach wants up-tempo, you can't have those 6'9", 265 lb guys. Look at Micah Till at SRU. If you speed them up he is a completely different player.

    LeBron and KD don't play D2.

    Guys like Cobo Diaz and Dustin Sleva were great players but they are very rare at this level.
    They dont need 6'9 guys.. they need more of the 6'6 guys. And when you have 6'1 guards consistently playing against 6'3 and 6'4 and bigger guards.. talent only goes so far.

    They also need more muscle. So many of these guys are string beans. Some of Gannons top inside guys have been around 6'5.. ADarius Porter, Darrell Blanton, I think Vince Mosley was 6'6. Need that muscle and hustle.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •