Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Gannon

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Gannon

Quote Originally Posted by bballfan03 View Post
    Not taking an interview is much different than declining an offer
    Right.

Even so people decline offers for all sorts of reasons that don't necessarily fall on the school. I turned down an offer because I honestly couldn't see myself living in that area for the years required to do the job the right way...and I didn't realize that until I spent several days there interviewing.

I'm involved with a search right now where someone looks like your guy on paper then you get him on campus and you realize there's no way in hell you can hire him.

There are a lot more moving and immovable parts at the DII level. It's pretty rare that you can just make a hire without regard for other factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Care to share? I was 12 pages deep in Google results without anything. Anything.
    Tremont Waters, LSU...
    Russ Smith, Louisville...

He coached them both in Prep school. He was highly involved in those two players process that now has both those University's in hot water!

[QUOTE=bballfan03;2380009]Not taking an interview is much different than declining an offer[/QUOTE

I don't know the particulars about who did interviews or what and was writing about generalities

Regardless of how he got there ... he's got his work cut out for him.

Former Pitt player Justice Kithcart does not have his scholarship renewed at ODU. Does his next and probably last chance occur at Gannon? If he goes the D2 route Gannon could have the inside track. Or does an IUP type of program make a push for him?

He's from NC so the only way he comes north is for his connection to Gannon or another D1 opportunity. Probably more likely he stays closer to home. Nothing against IUP.
    Last edited by Fightingscot82; 05-05-2019 at 03:19 PM.

IUP has no room left for any more guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    He's from NC so the only way he comes north is for his connection to Gannon or another D1 opportunity. Probably more likely he stays closer to home. Nothing against IUP.
    Kithcart got to Pitt due to Stallings trying to fill out a class. He was never an ACC player. Then he barely played at Old Dominion.

Seems he was likely a D2 player all along. I'd guess he lands in the CIAA.

9. Default Re: Gannon

Coach Jefferson has signed his first recruit... Amani Walker, 6'8 out of Baltimore, MD.

Also add
    Chris Clancy 6'2 SG, St Peter's Prep out of Staten Island
    Previous by JTR LOI
    Ryan Rachic 6'4 SG, Calvert Metro DC

Cleve Wright Adds 1st
    Faith Williams 5'6 G Elyria Catholic Ohio
    Previous signed
    Ali Benin 5'8 G local Harborcreek
    Margo Loutzenhizer 5'8 G Warren Pa

11. Default Re: Gannon

Quote Originally Posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    Also add
    Chris Clancy 6'2 SG, St Peter's Prep out of Staten Island
    Previous by JTR LOI
    Ryan Rachic 6'4 SG, Calvert Metro DC

Cleve Wright Adds 1st
    Faith Williams 5'6 G Elyria Catholic Ohio
    Previous signed
    Ali Benin 5'8 G local Harborcreek
    Margo Loutzenhizer 5'8 G Warren Pa
    Yes, but those players were recruited by Coach Reilly and the one had signed LOI previously. Walker is a Coach Jefferson recruit (somehow has ties to him).

12. Default Re: Gannon

With the way it's looking thus far, Gannon could finish with a worse record in 19-20! Shaping up to be a very young and inexperienced (at college level) team.

With the way it's looking thus far, Gannon could finish with a worse record in 19-20! Shaping up to be a very young and inexperienced (at college level) team.
    Can't say I'll be sad when IUP drops 50 on the bow-tie

14. Default Re: Gannon

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Can't say I'll be sad when IUP drops 50 on the bow-tie
    you think they'll only score 50? lol

GU add 6'10 D1 xfr from URI

Michael Tertsea

Height: 6-10
    Weight: 230
    Year: R-SO
    Hometown: Makurdi, Nigeria
    High School: John Carroll School
    Position: C

Rated a three-star recruit by Scout.com, Rivals.com and ESPN.com.
    •Was ranked as the nation's 35th-best center - and fourth-best in Maryland - by 247Sports.com.
    •Helped lead John Carroll and head coach Tony Martin to a 27-11 mark as well as the Baltimore Catholic League Championship.
    •The Patriots also advanced to the championship game of the Alhambra Catholic Invitational, falling to DeMatha after defeating St. John’s College High School - in the semifinals.
    •Finished his high school career as John Carroll's second-leading rebounder all time, en route to earning All-BCL honors.
    •Played AAU basketball with Baltimore Elite
    Last edited by Sec10-A-14; 05-25-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    GU add 6'10 D1 xfr from URI

Michael Tertsea

Height: 6-10
    Weight: 230
    Year: R-SO
    Hometown: Makurdi, Nigeria
    High School: John Carroll School
    Position: C

Rated a three-star recruit by Scout.com, Rivals.com and ESPN.com.
    •Was ranked as the nation's 35th-best center - and fourth-best in Maryland - by 247Sports.com.
    •Helped lead John Carroll and head coach Tony Martin to a 27-11 mark as well as the Baltimore Catholic League Championship.
    •The Patriots also advanced to the championship game of the Alhambra Catholic Invitational, falling to DeMatha after defeating St. John’s College High School - in the semifinals.
    •Finished his high school career as John Carroll's second-leading rebounder all time, en route to earning All-BCL honors.
    •Played AAU basketball with Baltimore Elite
    He's a big boy. Seems like a project. He only played 2.2 mpg as a redshirt sophomore last season (and in just 6 games total).

Could be he had some injury or in the doghouse. Know JTR had one and once in hard to get out. Maybe he just didn't pan out or not as good as advertised. Look'n for a fresh start. We'll find out come Nov/Dec.

18. Default Re: Gannon

6'10, 230 is still on the light side for D1.. gonna be on the smaller side in D2 too.

19. Default Re: Gannon

His Twitter shows him in a Gannon 5 jersey... wondering if that means Jovantae Lee is already gone.

His Twitter shows him in a Gannon 5 jersey... wondering if that means Jovantae Lee is already gone.
    Wow ... Good point. Lee was probably "gone" in his mind before the season ended. Probably made transfer decision before coaching change.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast