Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: basketball tourney

Contribute to D2

Default Re: basketball tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    My friend thought NW would play WT in the championship.
    The 7,500 USI crowd seemed to have some effect on WT in the first half. Under the circumstances, being the 2 seed was a huge disadvantage. Still we uncharacteristically only hit 5/25 treys and went, I think, 26/37 from the line, 11 misses. If we'd have shot our average from outside, we'd have made 4 more treys and won the game by 2. USI did a good job of pressuring the perimeter. WT likes to get up 35 or more treys and averages @37% made. That would have been 8 more treys made. Oh, well. It was still a good season, 34-4, considering we started 2 freshmen all year. Buffs will be really good again next year.

Congrats to NW!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    The 7,500 USI crowd seemed to have some effect on WT in the first half. Under the circumstances, being the 2 seed was a huge disadvantage. Still we uncharacteristically only hit 5/25 treys and went, I think, 26/37 from the line, 11 misses. If we'd have shot our average from outside, we'd have made 4 more treys and won the game by 2. USI did a good job of pressuring the perimeter. WT likes to get up 35 or more treys and averages @37% made. That would have been 8 more treys made. Oh, well. It was still a good season, 34-4, considering we started 2 freshmen all year. Buffs will be really good again next year.

Congrats to NW!
    I still have my doubts losing Hall and Quaid. Gach should be replaced without as much trouble. Not saying they won't be good, just not sure they will be able to repeat the last couple years

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I still have my doubts losing Hall and Quaid. Gach should be replaced without as much trouble. Not saying they won't be good, just not sure they will be able to repeat the last couple years
    With those 2 guards running the show I could see WT being very successful for the next few years using a Paul Westhead style run & gun offense/full time, full court press defense.

I have a lot of faith in Tom Brown and his staff. They will replace Quaid, Gach, and Hall with players as good or better. I bet the Buffs win big again next year.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-01-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I have a lot of faith in Tom Brown and his staff. They will replace Quaid, Gach, and Hall with players as good or better. I bet the Buffs win big again next year.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Had no problem replacing Chavlovich.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    Had no problem replacing Chavlovich.
    I actually think yall were better this year than last. The offense was more multiple this year whereas last year, WT would go through spurts where David was the only one getting shots. He was a great player, but I think the team was better this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12