Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    New scoreboard going in?
    That is old news...

Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    That is one of the most bizarre school sponsored pieces of content I've seen, but the fact that they included the moment Paul became SaTTher makes it worth my while. An incredible attempt to save face by Sundance after realizing he had no chance at the job if Saul Phillips was a possibility.
    Last edited by Augieholic; 06-06-2019 at 08:52 PM.

4. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    That is one of the most bizarre school sponsored pieces of content I've seen, but the fact that they included the moment Paul became SaTTher makes it worth my while. An incredible attempt to save face by Sundance after realizing he had no chance at the job if Saul Phillips was a possibility.
    Wikipedia has Saul Phillips as current head coach for NSU. Wolves fans will do anything to get their guy. Ingenious...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_P...s_(basketball)

Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Wikipedia has Saul Phillips as current head coach for NSU. Wolves fans will do anything to get their guy. Ingenious...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_P...s_(basketball)
    LOL

Very odd. I do not believe it was actually a belief that he'd come back, I certainly didn't think he would this early, but I agree with posting something to save recruits and put the minds of the fans at ease. Just really odd video though. I am totally juiced for some Pizza Ranch now though, hahaha

"Greg Stemen: Believe Saul Phillips to Northern State is a done deal."

https://twitter.com/GregStemen/statu...08754690547714

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post

This whole outside-the-Northern-family experiment will be really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post

Yeah, kind of stupid they dont just announce it now and have a press conference next week. I could out yesterday morning that its confirmed but obviously some people cant stay quiet (shocking)

So, is he content with the major pay decrease and just want to coach or is he reseting for the next rise up? Let's play a little over/under.

Over or under 4.5 years

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    So, is he content with the major pay decrease and just want to coach or is he reseting for the next rise up? Let's play a little over/under.

Over or under 4.5 years
    I'll say over

Over or under 4.5 years
    Sort of depends on how well he does. I'll take the over. He may be a former D1 coach, but unless he comes in and wins a couple of national championships in his first few years, he might be at NSU for a little while. Unless he decides to jump back up as an assistant at a D1 somewhere.

Over or under 4.5 years
    It all depends when Sundance feels comfortable leaving Missouri. Sorry had to.

I don’t know squat about Saul Phillips. I just had a hunch in my head that I didn’t want him to be the next coach but basing it off of nothing. Anybody want to let me know if I should be excited or bummed?

Quote Originally Posted by NSUguy View Post
    It all depends when Sundance feels comfortable leaving Missouri. Sorry had to.

I don’t know squat about Saul Phillips. I just had a hunch in my head that I didn’t want him to be the next coach but basing it off of nothing. Anybody want to let me know if I should be excited or bummed?
    His resume is far better than any of the coaches with Northern connections that were discussed after SaTTher left.

His resume is far better than any of the coaches with Northern connections that were discussed after SaTTher left.
    Well in all fairness all the other coaches that were discussed with Northern connections don’t really have a resume yet.

16. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

This whole outside-the-Northern-family experiment will be really interesting.
    A lot of time will tell us whether it was the right choice. Don Meyer was once a hire from "outside the family". After the first 2 years I wasn't exactly singing his praises. Turned out okay.

Can we get this Saul Phillips thing finalized so we have something to talk about again for a few days?

Can we get this Saul Phillips thing finalized so we have something to talk about again for a few days?
    I think it will be sooner rather than later. And after a Google search to read a little more about him, I’m pretty excited about it. It sounds like he had some pretty bad injury luck the last couple of years. The local paper paints a picture of a good coach and an even better guy. He seems like a great fit for a team that even though they have lost a TON the last 2 years, will still have high expectations. Ultimately I believe he will a short term head coach at NSU as this will hopefully serve as a springboard back to D1. If that happens it means the Wolves have had a few successful years.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast