Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 247

Thread: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

  1. #81

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    My guess is also that it has to do with the BC upgrades, possibly some renderings of the new floor design and maybe scoreboard. Could also possibly be in connection with the ongoing construction as well, they are making progress on the Science Center and I'm sure that will be a focus this weekend with graduation.
    I see it is "coming this fall" so nevermind.

  2. #82

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    Congrats to all graduates!
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 05-04-2019 at 04:49 PM.

  3. #83

  4. #84

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020


  5. #85

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    Cool images coming as they tear apart the BC. Seeing the old court is pretty awesome.

    Also, the volleyball account shared how ..."the new Wolf is still a mystery..." If we are indeed rebranding I'm going to be fairly sad and nervous.

  6. #86

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Cool images coming as they tear apart the BC. Seeing the old court is pretty awesome.

    Also, the volleyball account shared how ..."the new Wolf is still a mystery..." If we are indeed rebranding I'm going to be fairly sad and nervous.
    I don't believe that there is any sort of rebrand coming. I am curious to see what the new floor is going to look like though.

  7. #87

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't believe that there is any sort of rebrand coming. I am curious to see what the new floor is going to look like though.
    Maybe that's all it means is a bigger logo on the court. I'm anxious to see everything.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Posts
    2,690
    Rep Power
    5067

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    NW re-branded a few years ago...made the logo a little bolder/thicker lines, IIRC they looked at some new Bobby Bearcat logos too and ended up going with one that was less scary...all because it is what the kids prefer. Which I get, they're not recruiting me, I already have my degree.

  9. #89

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    The Wolf is coming


  10. #90

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020



  11. #91

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    So, the word is Northern's new scoreboard will be very similar to what you will find in Frost Arena. Havent seen any pictures but safe to say that Wachs Arena is going to look a lot different.

  12. #92

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    Now just Dean Berry (baseball) and Tom Dosch (football) will be non-Moon hires on coaching staffs...

  13. #93

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    Well.... who does Northern bring in??

  14. #94

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    Question now becomes who goes with him as far as current and incoming players, do we roll with Horstman. We have a wealth of alumni that are in the coaching ranks but most are either D1 positions or head d2 coaches now. Obviously we will have a strong applicant pool but boy is the pressure on to make this a good hire.

  15. #95

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Question now becomes who goes with him as far as current and incoming players, do we roll with Horstman. We have a wealth of alumni that are in the coaching ranks but most are either D1 positions or head d2 coaches now. Obviously we will have a strong applicant pool but boy is the pressure on to make this a good hire.
    My guess is the fanbase at UND would be less than enthused if he brings some incoming recruits with him to UND. Other than USD fans apparently being perfectly happy/celebratory having poached AJ Plitzuweit, there seems to be a pretty healthy disdain from fanbases of the local D1s toward our lowly D2 student athletes. Not that I agree with them, that's just the reality I've observed based on the time I've spent wasting my life reading/commenting on a handful of the local D1 forums.

    I need to be clear: THAT IS NOT A KNOCK ON ANY OF NSU'S INCOMING RECRUITS. So please don't receive it as such. Just more an analysis of how those fanbases seem to view the D2 level as a whole (despite only being roughly 10-15 years removed from it themselves).

  16. #96

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    I would imagine the first few calls are former Northern players/assistants, but a lot of them recently received new positions (Sunny, Hammer, etc.). I'm sure Steve Smiley will get a call. I don't know much about current assistant Jamie Stevens. He is a former head coach and I would imagine he will be considered. I think Horstman will be a good head coach someday, but I don't know that he will be considered right now. I do believe the Northern job is a very attractive D2 position so they should be able to get a good coach. The question is, does Moon try to "stay within the family" or not? Hopefully whoever is brought in can keep the momentum going towards becoming a regional and even a national D2 power.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    My guess is the fanbase at UND would be less than enthused if he brings some incoming recruits with him to UND. Other than USD fans apparently being perfectly happy/celebratory having poached AJ Plitzuweit, there seems to be a pretty healthy disdain from fanbases of the local D1s toward our lowly D2 student athletes. Not that I agree with them, that's just the reality I've observed based on the time I've spent wasting my life reading/commenting on a handful of the local D1 forums.

    I need to be clear: THAT IS NOT A KNOCK ON ANY OF NSU'S INCOMING RECRUITS. So please don't receive it as such. Just more an analysis of how those fanbases seem to view the D2 level as a whole (despite only being roughly 10-15 years removed from it themselves).
    Does UND have a fanbase for basketball??? But yes I agree that the fans of D1 schools tend to look down their noses at D2 athletes in general.

  18. #98

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    My guess is the fanbase at UND would be less than enthused if he brings some incoming recruits with him to UND. Other than USD fans apparently being perfectly happy/celebratory having poached AJ Plitzuweit, there seems to be a pretty healthy disdain from fanbases of the local D1s toward our lowly D2 student athletes. Not that I agree with them, that's just the reality I've observed based on the time I've spent wasting my life reading/commenting on a handful of the local D1 forums.

    I need to be clear: THAT IS NOT A KNOCK ON ANY OF NSU'S INCOMING RECRUITS. So please don't receive it as such. Just more an analysis of how those fanbases seem to view the D2 level as a whole (despite only being roughly 10-15 years removed from it themselves).
    I know what you are saying, however, the NSIC has plenty of players who would do just fine in the Summit. Also, when taking over at a new school you typically have players leave and voids to fill quickly. There is one player in particular that if he were to follow I will be furious (for a reason I may or may not ever disclose). The few comments I could find anywhere since there is such a small following, were some less than excited fans.

    Paul is a great guy, did a great job coaching at NSU and at BH. It is going to be a tough task to lead UND to Summit glory and quite a shock to Paul as he will be playing in front of crowds less than half the size, that are unenthusiastic and it's just going to be very different for him.

    I dont fault him for anything but this caught many by surprise.

  19. #99

    Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I know what you are saying, however, the NSIC has plenty of players who would do just fine in the Summit. Also, when taking over at a new school you typically have players leave and voids to fill quickly. There is one player in particular that if he were to follow I will be furious (for a reason I may or may not ever disclose). The few comments I could find anywhere since there is such a small following, were some less than excited fans.

    Paul is a great guy, did a great job coaching at NSU and at BH. It is going to be a tough task to lead UND to Summit glory and quite a shock to Paul as he will be playing in front of crowds less than half the size, that are unenthusiastic and it's just going to be very different for him.

    I dont fault him for anything but this caught many by surprise.
    I agree with the part in bold completely. However, one of the reasons I stopped posting on the SDSU message board is due to the majority of their fans repeatedly and aggressively asserting that Daniel Jansen (quick reminder: National Player of the Year and All-Conference/All-Region/All-etc. pretty much throughout his career, amongst many other accolades) would have been nothing more than a bench player for SDSU and other Summit programs, as well as Casey Schilling for that matter. At that point I realized rationality was not something I would find over there and gave up trying.

    UND seems to be at least more aware of the state of their program (budget restraints, past success, etc.) so maybe they'd be more open to some of those players coming in with Sather, but I wouldn't be shocked if there's a lot of fans saying, "Wait a minute, we hire a D2 guy and the first thing he does is bring 'D2 players' to our program?"

    On the flipside, if that happens, Sather will either win with them or he won't. That's up to him and his ability as a coach. Fans are always going to find things to complain about.

  20. Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Question now becomes who goes with him as far as current and incoming players, do we roll with Horstman. We have a wealth of alumni that are in the coaching ranks but most are either D1 positions or head d2 coaches now. Obviously we will have a strong applicant pool but boy is the pressure on to make this a good hire.
    My money is Parker Fox is UND bound.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •