Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

I feel like he had to have gotten some interest from a D1.....possibly Hendo at SDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I feel like he had to have gotten some interest from a D1.....possibly Hendo at SDSU?
    Balcome, you mean?

Opens up a spot for Tommy Chatman or Josiah Strong.
    Last edited by Swisher; 04-11-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    You are exhausting
    Right back at you...

Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Right back at you...
    I'll see if I can get the Wolves to give back their last to conference and tourney champs trophies since they arent playing by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Already an offer from Bryant and Stratton College, they make an excellent small engine...

Already an offer from Bryant and Stratton College, they make an excellent small engine...
    Never heard of it. Sounds like a major step down. Is he really any good? Oh where art thou Spencer Treder and Charlie Irmiger?

I'll see if I can get the Wolves to give back their last to conference and tourney champs trophies since they arent playing by the rules.
    Wolves do still use the low post quite a bit and are successful with it. I know everything in your world revolves around the wolves. However, many teams nowadays use their posts more on the perimeter to set high ball screens for perimeter players and to pop and shoot threes. The bigger/slower the post, the harder to defend these perimeter ball screens, which is why a lot of teams (at every level) going with smaller lineups. Fox doesn’t have this problem as he is very mobile. In addition more teams using analytics, which says shoot lots of threes each game. The days of big monster posts just sitting in paint waiting to block shots are changing as a result. That wasn’t the case as much 10-15 years ago. Certainly more than one way to be successful, but all sports have trends and this seems to be current trend, which hurts the big post players minutes, etc. in my opinion. Could easily be persuaded it also hurts the overall game because just too much reliance on three point shooting. While the trends change, defense still ultimately wins championships, which NW Missouri and Virginia proved this year.

I will stop now as I don’t want to exhaust you any further.

Wolves do still use the low post quite a bit and are successful with it. I know everything in your world revolves around the wolves. However, many teams nowadays use their posts more on the perimeter to set high ball screens for perimeter players and to pop and shoot threes. The bigger/slower the post, the harder to defend these perimeter ball screens, which is why a lot of teams (at every level) going with smaller lineups. Fox doesn’t have this problem as he is very mobile. In addition more teams using analytics, which says shoot lots of threes each game. The days of big monster posts just sitting in paint waiting to block shots are changing as a result. That wasn’t the case as much 10-15 years ago. Certainly more than one way to be successful, but all sports have trends and this seems to be current trend, which hurts the big post players minutes, etc. in my opinion. Could easily be persuaded it also hurts the overall game because just too much reliance on three point shooting. While the trends change, defense still ultimately wins championships, which NW Missouri and Virginia proved this year.

Congratulations to Virginia but they did not deserve to be in the final. That off the foot double dribble in the semi was just too big of an officiating bungle to overlook. I will make it a point to be more forgiving of the lowly NSIC officials after witnessing that 101 missed call by the best and brightest.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Congratulations to Virginia but they did not deserve to be in the final. That off the foot double dribble in the semi was just too big of an officiating bungle to overlook. I will make it a point to be more forgiving of the lowly NSIC officials after witnessing that 101 missed call by the best and brightest.
    Yea, that was a tough call, but still Virgina proved all season they were one of top teams in country. Refs irritate me as much as anyone, but not going to blame Virginia for that. Trophey is in their trophy case. Congratulations to them. They were one of best defensive teams I have ever witnessed. NW Missouri another terrific defensive team.

Well of course my world revolves around the Wolves...that would make sense.

Well of course my world revolves around the Wolves...that would make sense.
    So that we get along better in the future, just assume when I’m make general statements about the world of basketball I’m not really considering the wolves, unless specificity stated otherwise. That may help you from not getting so irritated with my analysis.

So that we get along better in the future, just assume when I’m make general statements about the world of basketball I’m not really considering the wolves, unless specificity stated otherwise. That may help you from not getting so irritated with my analysis.
    Well this is the Wolves thread and we were talking about a post that left the team, and I was speaking about how we now have two so no depth is a problem. Unless of course Sather is going to change things up which he may have to. Fox or Jordre foul out or get hurt we are looking at Belka or Cole Dahl in there...yikes.

Well this is the Wolves thread and we were talking about a post that left the team, and I was speaking about how we now have two so no depth is a problem. Unless of course Sather is going to change things up which he may have to. Fox or Jordre foul out or get hurt we are looking at Belka or Cole Dahl in there...yikes.
    Not sure there are too many teams in nsic that have more than one real post player yet alone two.

Seriously, are we still talking about Balcome?

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Yes.

Slow time of year...I’m assuming SaTTher knows what he’s doing and told balcome there aren’t likely a lot minutes for him in near future. Nsu4life apparently thinks he was the final piece of the puzzle for national championship run next year

Si

Slow time of year...I’m assuming SaTTher knows what he’s doing and told balcome there aren’t likely a lot minutes for him in near future. Nsu4life apparently thinks he was the final piece of the puzzle for national championship run next year
    And you apparently think there is no room on the game for anyone over 6'5"...

What's worked for Northern and their system is something we have all watched and seen for a long time as fans, especially the last two seasons.

You can have your opinion, I like talent and depth and was disappointed he left. By all means go build your team of gaurds if that's what Puff wants to do. I wont be on your thread turning it into a basketball symposium about "Analytics of basketball: NSIC 2019"

The last two years kind of speak for themselves.

No clue where your national title talk comes from. As of last year I was hoping for a top five finish, going into next year it will probably be the same. I'm not a delusional fan, I am one that's follows my school and our players closely. I know how we are built and what we are set up to do, as you may be for Moorhead but you aren't the All Knowing, so take your ridiculous diversion of topic talents and go watch some of your own film.

My goodness WalTThall, more time recruiting, less time on the boards.

Not sure there are too many teams in nsic that have more than one real post player yet alone two.
    And that is because they cannot entice them to come on board. The D1’s must think there is a spot for their game as they suck them all up. I will take a talented center who can score, rebound and block shots any day.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast