Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transfers

Default Re: Transfers

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Pish ah!! These kids aren't in college for credits! They are there to try and grab the gold ring that is the NBA!!!!! To paraphrase Allen Iverson..."Credits!? We talkin' 'bout CREDITS! Not the game...We talkin' 'bout CREDITS! How silly is THAT!!??"
    I read on the Gannon basketball blog site an argument over why former coach John Reilly didn't recruit Edinboro's Jaryn Simpson (a local player). One poster said that JR never contacted Simpson's camp.

I had to read it twice. We're talking about a high school player being recruited by Edinboro. Not Duke. Yes, he's a solid player. But, do they really have 'camps' at that level of recruiting? LOL.

I can't fathom what major D1 recruiting must really be like behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I read on the Gannon basketball blog site an argument over why former coach John Reilly didn't recruit Edinboro's Jaryn Simpson (a local player). One poster said that JR never contacted Simpson's camp.

I had to read it twice. We're talking about a high school player being recruited by Edinboro. Not Duke. Yes, he's a solid player. But, do they really have 'camps' at that level of recruiting? LOL.

I can't fathom what major D1 recruiting must really be like behind the scenes.
    There are so many strap hangers in the recruiting of HS basketball players that I'm not surprised that this guy actually had a "camp!" Seems like everyone in the "camp" has a agenda that almost always beings in getting the player to take a D1 offer...ANY D1 offer!!! AAU "coach" in the players camp can then sell the fact that X number of HIS players went D1..."Friends" that couldn't cut it on their own are looking to glom onto all that is D1 (better parties...better girls...better food!!) and HOPEFULLY their "BOY" is good enough to name it into the NBA and that's when the strap hangers REAL fun begins!! None of this happens if the player goes DII, even if it is one of the best DII's in the nation! AAU Coach can't sell the fact that he got a player into a DII...Friends ain't about going to DII parties...Almost ZERO chance of getting into the NBA. DII is lose, lose...so not worth mentioning. Except for maybe the player but then, who really cares about him??!!

Transfers....

.....and then there are some things better left without words. I don't know what to say.

https://www.wboy.com/sports/glenvill...159/1939842807

Quote Originally Posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    Transfers....

.....and then there are some things better left without words. I don't know what to say.

NBA defenses are a little better than Mountain East defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    Transfers....

Wonder if this is typical of bad advice players are getting by their handlers?
    Delusional. Watched him play and did not see anything extraordinary much less nba level.

Can I declare, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Columbuseer View Post
    Delusional. Watched him play and did not see anything extraordinary much less nba level.
    Maybe he wants to cash in on the G league $35,000....which you can make @McD.

Can I declare, too?
    I'd love to see that!

Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    It's extremely long odds to even make a G-League roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbuseer View Post
    I guess if youre not going back to college, why not "declare" for the NBA!!

I've been an NFL free agent for the last 32 years...just waiting for the right offer from an NFL team that realizes my greatness!!!!!! My "handlers" tell me that I've got a good shot this year provided a team is looking for 5'10", 210 pound EDGE that has posted a 4.7 forty!!! I'm pretty sure I'm being black balled because of my political positions!

Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    He probably saw that former Lock Haven/Shaw Univeristy star Amir Hinton had declared for the NBA draft and figured why not throw his name into the hat as well. Very risky move but another year or two wouldn't have solidified him as a first rounder anyways so with an Agent he may just get a head start on a career overseas once he goes undrafted or pray to latch on to a summer league team and maybe get a 2 way contract with a NBA team where he gets the $75k contract while getting a year to develop in the non developmental G-League.

I guess if youre not going back to college, why not "declare" for the NBA!!

I've been an NFL free agent for the last 32 years...just waiting for the right offer from an NFL team that realizes my greatness!!!!!! My "handlers" tell me that I've got a good shot this year provided a team is looking for 5'10", 210 pound EDGE that has posted a 4.7 forty!!! I'm pretty sure I'm being black balled because of my political positions!
    I've been waiting for that call from the NFL draft for 31 years and counting. Stupid Mel Kiper won't put a 5' 11" 165 pounder like me on his big board -- he has it in for me. :-) I'll be sitting by my phone this weekend.

I'll settle for making the US Olympic Marathon team. They still won't even let me try out … with a personal best of 3 hours and 45 minutes, they could at least give me a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    I've been waiting for that call from the NFL draft for 31 years and counting. Stupid Mel Kiper won't put a 5' 11" 165 pounder like me on his big board -- he has it in for me. :-) I'll be sitting by my phone this weekend.

I'll settle for making the US Olympic Marathon team. They still won't even let me try out … with a personal best of 3 hours and 45 minutes, they could at least give me a shot.
    McShay is my demon! Simply refuses to evaluate me or even return my calls!! Probably has something to do with that night in the airport Sheraton bar in Akron in 2007 when we were hitting on those flight attendants!! We ended up in his room doing cocaine shots out of their belly buttons and chasing them with tequila shots...neat. Never seen a man do so many shots and not pass out! I blacked out about 4 AM (that's the reason I haven't been nominated to be on the Supreme Court!) but not McShay...he is an absolute MACHINE!!

Ever since that night, he's refused to put me on his board!!!

Kameron Davis ... from Notre Dame to Concord.

Former Pittsburgh Central Catholic star Luke Nedrow (6'7", 225 lbs) is transferring from Marist to Shippensburg.

Not a transfer but Fairmont State signs incoming freshman center Saliou Diop (6'10") out of Senegal.

Will the MEC make the player sit out going from ND to Concord?

Will the MEC make the player sit out going from ND to Concord?
    I don't believe the MEC restricts players. Pretty sure that is a school decision that is exercised on a case by case basis...for example, WJU restricted Boswell and he had to sit out a year at WLU while WJU did not restrict Pegram in his transfer to Cal and he played this year.

I don't believe the MEC restricts players. Pretty sure that is a school decision that is exercised on a case by case basis...for example, WJU restricted Boswell and he had to sit out a year at WLU while WJU did not restrict Pegram in his transfer to Cal and he played this year.
    D2 to D2 out-of-conference is free reign ... I think.

The PSAC has some loopholes. For instance, when Brandon Norfleet left Cheyney he was allowed to play the next season because IUP was offering him a full ride and he was probably getting pennies at Cheyney. He only had to sit the first semester.

Last year, Fernando Salsamendi left Seton Hill and went to Gannon and was allowed to play right away. I think it was due to GU having a major SH didn't have.

So, there are loopholes that schools can't block (at least in the PSAC). When Amir Hinton left Lock Haven the word was LHU blocked the entire PSAC.

Didn’t Columbo play right away at NDC?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast