Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heartland merger and LSC government

Contribute to D2

Default Heartland merger and LSC government

With the addition of the heartland schools starting this fall what kind of impact is it going to have on the LSC?

I know i have some concerns....

Will all schools get to vote on all things even if they dont sponsor that sport? or will they have to abstain on issues to sports they dont sponsor?

How long does the current Commissioner stay, and when he leaves how much less influence is football going to have in the conference?

What are your feelings going forward of the viability of football in tge LSC?
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Default Re: Heartland merger and LSC government

I don't know much about the governance of the league, but one thing that I hope the LSC keeps with this merger is the Heartland's TV network. Every team in the Heartland streams every event FOR FREE. LSC needs to get on that ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    I don't know much about the governance of the league, but one thing that I hope the LSC keeps with this merger is the Heartland's TV network. Every team in the Heartland streams every event FOR FREE. LSC needs to get on that ASAP!
    My understanding is there is going to be an LSC Network, with mandatory minimum technology requirements. Should be a major upgrade from where we have been...

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    My understanding is there is going to be an LSC Network, with mandatory minimum technology requirements. Should be a major upgrade from where we have been...
    This would be awesome! I'm not too cheap to pay the streaming, if I actually plan on sitting down and watching the whole thing but a lot of time the quality is terrible. But with the Heartland (and several others including Kingsville) they have quality streaming and it is free. Sometimes the camera work sucks, but that is what you are going to get from often times student led groups. Kingsville (I'm not sure how recently) has started doing their streaming on YouTube which is nice!

I'm pretty sure we stream all home games of all sports for free via YouTube. I've seen most sports and the quality isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by '89HOG View Post
    I'm pretty sure we stream all home games of all sports for free via YouTube. I've seen most sports and the quality isn't bad.
    I've watched several as well. Quality is pretty good, the only little thing that I could complain about is while watching baseball, the camera is set up in the pressbox so you have to look through the chain link backstop the entire time and the fact that the camera is stationary the entire time. But other than that, it is a pretty good production.

I've watched several as well. Quality is pretty good, the only little thing that I could complain about is while watching baseball, the camera is set up in the pressbox so you have to look through the chain link backstop the entire time and the fact that the camera is stationary the entire time. But other than that, it is a pretty good production.

The price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by HOGSVRR View Post
    The price is right.
    No doubt about that!

No doubt about that!
    I just don't like our football game student announcers. They have improved from the Cheech & Chong type from a few years ago---but they are still not very good--but they are learning.

I just don't like our football game student announcers. They have improved from the Cheech & Chong type from a few years ago---but they are still not very good--but they are learning.
    I actually enjoy them. It's refreshing to me. Especially if you keep it in perspective. I get tired of the "homer" wannabe "John Maddens" on other LSC video streams and radio.

Nothing personal, but the TAMUC game announcer, who tells people he is the AT&T stadium chief announcer, is like nails on a chalk board to me. "Thiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrdddddd Dooooowwwwnnnn". .......UGH!

So, I like the TAMUK students doing tby e games..... And say FU to those who dont.

Last year's guys was much better. I just got tired of him calling us TA-MOOK. It's TA- MUCK or it should have been TA-YUCK last season.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    I would hope that the upgrades include dumping Stretch in favor of an alternate video streaming service.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    I actually enjoy them. It's refreshing to me. Especially if you keep it in perspective. I get tired of the "homer" wannabe "John Maddens" on other LSC video streams and radio.

Nothing personal, but the TAMUC game announcer, who tells people he is the AT&T stadium chief announcer, is like nails on a chalk board to me. "Thiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrdddddd Dooooowwwwnnnn". .......UGH!

So, I like the TAMUK students doing tby e games..... And say FU to those who dont.
    You're definitely the only person I've ever heard not like Roger Emrich. He's pretty much a broadcast legend in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by LionFan View Post
    You're definitely the only person I've ever heard not like Roger Emrich. He's pretty much a broadcast legend in Texas.
    At the Cowboys games, I seriously dislike that "THIIIIIRRRRRRRDDDDDDD DDDDOOOOOWWWWWWWWNNNN!!!!!" too. Double UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post
    At the Cowboys games, I seriously dislike that "THIIIIIRRRRRRRDDDDDDD DDDDOOOOOWWWWWWWWNNNN!!!!!" too. Double UGH!
    I dislike cowboys games, as do most red blooded hetro male and females....

Quote Originally Posted by LionFan View Post
    Dont know him.....and I dont remember saying I dont like HIM.....but he is annoying as H3ll as a PA announcer.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post
    RIGHT?!?! Just faucking kill me already. LOL. For REAL.....dude NEEDS to retire.

Cant tell ya how many negative comments I have heard about his "THIIIIRRRRRDDDDDD DDOOOOOWWWWWNNNNN" BS. *PUKE*

TTT

RIGHT?!?! Just faucking kill me already. LOL. For REAL.....dude NEEDS to retire.

Cant tell ya how many negative comments I have heard about his "THIIIIRRRRRDDDDDD DDOOOOOWWWWWNNNNN" BS. *PUKE*
    He passed away about a month ago, so I guess you're in the clear now.

That's Roger Emrich, who is pretty much a radio/PA legend in Texas.

They called him the "Raj Mahal."

He was sort of a big deal.

I used the term "WAS" because He's also dead. He passed away a couple of months ago unexpectedly. (about)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast