Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Coaching Carousel

Contribute to D2

Default Offseason Coaching Carousel

Nothing yet that I'm aware of, but I'm sure there will be a change or two to discuss within the region.

Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Nothing yet that I'm aware of, but I'm sure there will be a change or two to discuss within the region.
    Kim Anderson retiring from Pitt State? Heard a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    Heard he was leaving...didn’t hear retiring. Wouldn’t surprise me if he has something in the works to return to UCM - current coach isn’t getting it done there.

Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    Heard he was leaving...didn’t hear retiring. Wouldn’t surprise me if he has something in the works to return to UCM - current coach isn’t getting it done there.
    Seems to have the fan's support though...

5. Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    There could be a poster or two on here that would be excited to hear this.

unless they’ve fired their guy one hasn’t anything to do with the other

if the rumor even has legs

UMKC job is open. Could any MIAA coaches be in play.

Would be a step down for most MIAA coaches ... :)

I wish Kim Anderson was coming back to UCM, but more than likely, I think 86Catillac just found another way to torture Mules fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Would be a step down for most MIAA coaches ... :)
    True, but it is D1. Last coach paid $250k.

UMKC is a dead end job. High schools draw bigger crowds. Money would be the only reason to take the job. You would probably get four years to show some major progress before you got canned. But, hey you walk away with a million dollars and then start your career over again coaching at some JUCO. Players go to UMKC because it's "D1"....big deal. I doubt that anybody on the roster at UMKC could even start at Northwest, Missouri Southern or Washburn.

12. Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

Kim Anderson is out and heading back to Central Mo. is the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    I wish Kim Anderson was coming back to UCM, but more than likely, I think 86Catillac just found another way to torture Mules fans.
    If it’s this easy to torture Mules fans I would have made a more concerted effort a long time ago.

Some seem to think it’s gonna happen that Kim lands back in the Burg. I hope it happens. It will prove the power of the message board in being able to sway administrators’ decision making. You know Jerry has little else to do other than check the Central region thread while he sits at the scorer’s table every game. He used to sit there and admire the full stands at the Multi, but this year he scoured threads such as these instead.

You and your fellow disgruntled Mule fans (along with several marginal players) made this happen. Job well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    UMKC is a dead end job. High schools draw bigger crowds. Money would be the only reason to take the job. You would probably get four years to show some major progress before you got canned. But, hey you walk away with a million dollars and then start your career over again coaching at some JUCO. Players go to UMKC because it's "D1"....big deal. I doubt that anybody on the roster at UMKC could even start at Northwest, Missouri Southern or Washburn.
    It is being mentioned in the kc star that current Northwest coach is a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Mule4ever View Post
    It is being mentioned in the kc star that current Northwest coach is a possibility
    I’m sure his name is being mentioned and why wouldn’t it be? I’m not surprised by much anymore. I would think NW would make it pretty tough to leave; but who knows? Money is a strong motivator; but it’s not the only one. Time will tell.

I’m sure his name is being mentioned and why wouldn’t it be? I’m not surprised by much anymore. I would think NW would make it pretty tough to leave; but who knows? Money is a strong motivator; but it’s not the only one. Time will tell.
    Has he interviewed for any D1 jobs since the National Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Has he interviewed for any D1 jobs since the National Championship?
    From everything I know, that's not the type of opportunity he would be interested in and he has turned down opportunities at better programs because they didn't fit with what he is looking for (not sure on interviews explicitly or just interview requests). If the right opportunity/program came calling then I'm sure he would look very seriously at the offer. I don't see UMKC being that type of opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    From everything I know, that's not the type of opportunity he would be interested in and he has turned down opportunities at better programs because they didn't fit with what he is looking for (not sure on interviews explicitly or just interview requests). If the right opportunity/program came calling then I'm sure he would look very seriously at the offer. I don't see UMKC being that type of opportunity.
    Fair, assessment. It is basically where coaches go to get fired but the right guy with the right ties, ie Adidas $$$$. or that knows the same people as the LSU coach might be able to win.

Isn't the most popular sport at UMKC a fake football team?

Fair, assessment. It is basically where coaches go to get fired but the right guy with the right ties, ie Adidas $$$$. or that knows the same people as the LSU coach might be able to win.
    uh you don’t need adidas $ to beat utah valley and grand canyon tech. i actually think it’s a great opportunity mainly bc their league is garbage. las cruces, nm represents the penthouse of that league. if you haven’t been or seen the support nmst garners i assure you wouldn’t be impressed.

umkc athletically is run by boobs as evidenced by historical results. if they fall ass backwards into a good coach they’ll win as compared to the peers in their league that looks like it was cobbled together on the island of misfit toys.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast