Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 153

Thread: Offseason Coaching Carousel

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    5,163
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    McCollum would have to take a pay cut.

  2. #122

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Saul Phillips still job hunting?

  3. #123

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Sundance Wicks anyone?
    Now that’s flat out funny.

  4. #124

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    McCollum would have to take a pay cut.
    Exactly.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,850
    Rep Power
    189456

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    McCollum would have to take a pay cut.
    Based on the data I found Jones made 140K at UND and McCollum made 145K in 2017-18 at NW Mo. However Jones had been at Grand Forks for a twelve seasons so I think theres a chance the next HC gets a healthy pay raise. Similar to Otzelberger taking over for Nagy at SDSU.

  6. #126

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Based on the data I found Jones made 140K at UND and McCollum made 145K in 2017-18 at NW Mo. However Jones had been at Grand Forks for a twelve seasons so I think theres a chance the next HC gets a healthy pay raise. Similar to Otzelberger taking over for Nagy at SDSU.
    Ben is making 160k now. The timing of the data makes it at least a year old when you look at Missouri blue book so that's really 2016 data even though it says 2017-18.

  7. #127

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    There seems to be a lot of buzz out there about the possibility of McCollum or J.Boschee going to the University of North Dakota. Those two names are all over their message boards. Has anyone out there heard anything? Any truth to this? Obviously, Coach Boschee has ties to the area and Coach McCollum has recruited the Iowa and Minnesota areas and has accomplished a ton at NWMS.

  8. Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Btech#3 View Post
    There seems to be a lot of buzz out there about the possibility of McCollum or J.Boschee going to the University of North Dakota. Those two names are all over their message boards. Has anyone out there heard anything? Any truth to this? Obviously, Coach Boschee has ties to the area and Coach McCollum has recruited the Iowa and Minnesota areas and has accomplished a ton at NWMS.
    No inside knowledge, but I predict both on the short list.

  9. #129

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Btech#3 View Post
    There seems to be a lot of buzz out there about the possibility of McCollum or J.Boschee going to the University of North Dakota. Those two names are all over their message boards. Has anyone out there heard anything? Any truth to this? Obviously, Coach Boschee has ties to the area and Coach McCollum has recruited the Iowa and Minnesota areas and has accomplished a ton at NWMS.
    Live up North and dont know a single UND basketball fan and very few NDSU basketball fans so, needless to say, I've heard no rumblings at all.

  10. #130

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    I have just seen it online. There might be more talk about it in the MIAA circles than anywhere else. Don't know if it is a better job than what McCollum and J. Boschee have but it is D-1 and it might be the step needed for those guys to get a D-1 mid-major job if they are coveting one.

  11. #131

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    Ben is making 160k now. The timing of the data makes it at least a year old when you look at Missouri blue book so that's really 2016 data even though it says 2017-18.
    Even more.

  12. Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Btech#3 View Post
    I have just seen it online. There might be more talk about it in the MIAA circles than anywhere else. Don't know if it is a better job than what McCollum and J. Boschee have but it is D-1 and it might be the step needed for those guys to get a D-1 mid-major job if they are coveting one.
    I think most neutral coaches would take the d1 job at UND over the top miaa jobs...no disrespect to the quality miaa teams.

  13. #133

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Btech#3 View Post
    I have just seen it online. There might be more talk about it in the MIAA circles than anywhere else. Don't know if it is a better job than what McCollum and J. Boschee have but it is D-1 and it might be the step needed for those guys to get a D-1 mid-major job if they are coveting one.
    To me, unless it meant a big pay raise, I cant see any reason Ben would want that job and Boschee is more of a legend down in those parts than up here. Maybe he would enjoy "coming home" but I think both are at a better gig that UND. Contending with hockey, very little support and have had one very successful season since going D1 that I can think of.

  14. Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    To me, unless it meant a big pay raise, I cant see any reason Ben would want that job and Boschee is more of a legend down in those parts than up here. Maybe he would enjoy "coming home" but I think both are at a better gig that UND. Contending with hockey, very little support and have had one very successful season since going D1 that I can think of.
    A lot of very recent head coaches made jump from sdsu, usd, ndsu (McDermott, Phillips, miles, Smith, Otzelberger) to big paydays at higher level d1 head jobs...no reason same thing couldn’t happen with a little success at und even if more of hockey school. Boschee still a good name in the North Dakota circles.
    Last edited by Moorhead123; 05-15-2019 at 09:25 PM.

  15. Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    To me, unless it meant a big pay raise, I cant see any reason Ben would want that job and Boschee is more of a legend down in those parts than up here. Maybe he would enjoy "coming home" but I think both are at a better gig that UND. Contending with hockey, very little support and have had one very successful season since going D1 that I can think of.
    Hearing Sather on short list for UND job

  16. #136

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Hearing Sather on short list for UND job
    I'll give you a zero percent chance on that one.

  17. Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I'll give you a zero percent chance on that one.
    Don’t be so certain. Sather had a lot of success at d2 level. Only natural to have interest in trying d1. Especially when he sees the possible pay day down the road if he can achieve some success at und.

  18. #138

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Don’t be so certain. Sather had a lot of success at d2 level. Only natural to have interest in trying d1. Especially when he sees the possible pay day down the road if he can achieve some success at und.
    Northern hoops is the biggest show in town in Aberdeen. UND hoops is an afterthought in a hockey town.

  19. Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Northern hoops is the biggest show in town in Aberdeen. UND hoops is an afterthought in a hockey town.
    Accurate statements. One is a d1 opportunity and the other is d2. Every coach different, but Sather may feel like he has achieved a lot at northern (which he has) and would like the challenge at d1 level. Maybe he ultimately decides to stay at northern, if offered the job, but if he was not interested in the d1 opportunity then why apply in the first place (assuming the rumor is true). Northern a good d2 job but, despite what nsu4life says, there are many good reasons to give d1 a shot for Sather, if offered. Northern has a good program and would find a quality replacement.
    Last edited by Moorhead123; 05-16-2019 at 10:03 PM.

  20. #140

    Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Don’t be so certain. Sather had a lot of success at d2 level. Only natural to have interest in trying d1. Especially when he sees the possible pay day down the road if he can achieve some success at und.
    Have you ever had even a conversation with the guy let alone known him? Ha

    I'm not saying he couldn't do it, or doesn't deserve it but it would be quite shocking to anyone that really knows the guy to any extent for a number of reasons.
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 05-16-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •