Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Coaching Carousel

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    uh you don’t need adidas $ to beat utah valley and grand canyon tech. i actually think it’s a great opportunity mainly bc their league is garbage. las cruces, nm represents the penthouse of that league. if you haven’t been or seen the support nmst garners i assure you wouldn’t be impressed.

umkc athletically is run by boobs as evidenced by historical results. if they fall ass backwards into a good coach they’ll win as compared to the peers in their league that looks like it was cobbled together on the island of misfit toys.
    I would anticipate UMKC going back to the Summit League in the near future if the opportunity presents itself. New Mexico St has been to 7 of the last 8 NCAA Tourneys and produced a legit NBA stud in Pascal Siakam so that program is far from garbage.

2. Default Re: Offseason Coaching Carousel

UMKC is a worse job than a lot of the MIAA. They had a shot a few years ago with Martez Harrison but then he got kicked off the team and that basically was the end of any hope Kareem had. If they moved back to the Summit League and recruited the KC Metro area better, then I think the program could be more successful.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    I’m sure his name is being mentioned and why wouldn’t it be? I’m not surprised by much anymore. I would think NW would make it pretty tough to leave; but who knows? Money is a strong motivator; but it’s not the only one. Time will tell.
    I don't think it will be all that tough to leave. It's gonna take a helluva pay raise, above Wright and promise of facility upgrade similar or better than what MT got if mid-major comes knocking on door. I know nostalgic people love Bearcat Arena, but it sucks. It's almost Rickenbrode bad compared to what's out there.
    Last edited by CatFan88; 03-20-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    I don't think it will be all that tough to leave. It's gonna take a helluva pay raise, above Wright and promise of facility upgrade similar or better than what MT got if mid-major comes knocking on door. I know nostalgic people love Bearcat Arena, but it sucks. It's almost Rickenbrode bad compared to what's out there.
    We both know that there are other means other than a salary increase to sweeten the pot.

In terms of renovating Bearcat arena.....

We both know that there are other means other than a salary increase to sweeten the pot.

In terms of renovating Bearcat arena.....
    Absolutely. Difference? He's young and proving himself. Much like A.D. and look at what he's doing at ACU in football. Coaching is a game driven by success. And Ben is moving up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Absolutely. Difference? He's young and proving himself. Much like A.D. and look at what he's doing at ACU in football. Coaching is a game driven by success. And Ben is moving up fast.
    I guess time will tell, won’t it?

Up your yearly donation and there would be nothing to worry about.

I guess time will tell, won’t it?

Up your yearly donation and there would be nothing to worry about.
    I win PB tonight...no prob. LOL

UMKC is one of the worst D1 programs in the country. 8 out of 10 years they wouldn’t have a prayer of winning the MIAA or any other good D2 conference.

I know that their isn't much talk about women's basketball in these posts but Missouri Western's Rob Edmisson is stepping down.

http://www.newspressnow.com/sports/w...6db4f8d4a.html

Quote Originally Posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    uh you don’t need adidas $ to beat utah valley and grand canyon tech. i actually think it’s a great opportunity mainly bc their league is garbage. las cruces, nm represents the penthouse of that league. if you haven’t been or seen the support nmst garners i assure you wouldn’t be impressed.

umkc athletically is run by boobs as evidenced by historical results. if they fall ass backwards into a good coach they’ll win as compared to the peers in their league that looks like it was cobbled together on the island of misfit toys.
    Mocking Grand Canyon University & their men's basketball program (calling them Grand Canyon Tech) is without merit. Dan Majerle is an outstanding coach and has created an elite environment rivaling the WAC of old. According to Andrew Joseph of USA Today, "GCU created college basketball's rowdiest secret with stunning quickness. ... home to possibly the best student section in college basketball. Duke has the Cameron Crazies. Kansas has the Phog. GCU has the Havocs."

Quote Originally Posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
    Mocking Grand Canyon University & their men's basketball program (calling them Grand Canyon Tech) is without merit. Dan Majerle is an outstanding coach and has created an elite environment rivaling the WAC of old. According to Andrew Joseph of USA Today, "GCU created college basketball's rowdiest secret with stunning quickness. ... home to possibly the best student section in college basketball. Duke has the Cameron Crazies. Kansas has the Phog. GCU has the Havocs."
    the bolded is as asinine a comparison as a human being could conceivably dream up - to the extent that you (or anyone else) either took it at face value or expect me or anyone else to is laughable.

that said the comment wasn't really personal to grand canyon but rather used to illustrate the fact that umkc's inability to compete is driven by internal issues as opposed to the league they're in & the job represents a real opportunity for relative success for a coach that knows what he's doing. to the extent that it rustled your (apparently?) delicate sensibilities is unfortunate & not intended.
    Last edited by northwest missouri state; 03-22-2019 at 04:22 PM.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    I would anticipate UMKC going back to the Summit League in the near future if the opportunity presents itself. New Mexico St has been to 7 of the last 8 NCAA Tourneys and produced a legit NBA stud in Pascal Siakam so that program is far from garbage.
    it's all relative in conv's like this. for the time being they are the biggest fish in a small pond - a pond that is small enough that umkc should be able to swim in it.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

QUOTE=northwest missouri state;2367149]the bolded is as asinine a comparison as a human being could conceivably dream up - to the extent that you (or anyone else) either took it at face value or expect me or anyone else to is laughable.

that said the comment wasn't really personal to grand canyon but rather used to illustrate the fact that umkc's inability to compete is driven by internal issues as opposed to the league they're in & the job represents a real opportunity for relative success for a coach that knows what he's doing. to the extent that it rustled your (apparently?) delicate sensibilities is unfortunate & not intended.[/QUOTE]

Well…since I cited an “asinine a comparison as a human being could conceivably dream up-to the extent that you (or anyone else) either took it at face value or expect me or anyone else is laughable”, I submit for your consideration and that of fellow message board readers the following clips:

GCU Pregame Party: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVYDSnBMQoo

Rick Pitino Post-Game vrs Grand Canyon University where he says: “Whether we go to Duke or Kentucky, nothing was at tough as that (the GCU environment)”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYCAjtnt69c

GCU vrs Chicago State Basketball Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce3ciMiOwzg

Since I recently spent two weeks at GCU preparing and presenting at the College of Nursing & Health Care Professions on my National Health Priorities Project, I considered your Grand Canyon Tech designation disingenuous and without merit. Deeming the content of my citation as “laughable” also lacks merit.

Regarding my “rustled delicate sensibilities”, I ascertained that your demeaning designation of GCU was inaccurate and worthy of comment and that was within the realm or reasonable thinking.

On a side note, I was blessed to see Justin Pitts play a couple years back. His speed, quickness and over-all game were outstanding. He could have played for any Big Ten team and make them successful. Best of fortune to the Bearcats in their game with Mercyhurst.

the Havocs at GCU are legit ... simply an awesome atmosphere ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7zrIUMk-nM

Verbal commits has 8-9 players leaving UMKC if I was a MIAA coach I'd be in contact.

Last time Mssu got a Umkc transfer they went to the final four ...

Well…since I cited an “asinine a comparison as a human being could conceivably dream up-to the extent that you (or anyone else) either took it at face value or expect me or anyone else is laughable”, I submit for your consideration and that of fellow message board readers the following clips:

GCU Pregame Party: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVYDSnBMQoo

Rick Pitino Post-Game vrs Grand Canyon University where he says: “Whether we go to Duke or Kentucky, nothing was at tough as that (the GCU environment)”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYCAjtnt69c

GCU vrs Chicago State Basketball Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce3ciMiOwzg

Since I recently spent two weeks at GCU preparing and presenting at the College of Nursing & Health Care Professions on my National Health Priorities Project, I considered your Grand Canyon Tech designation disingenuous and without merit. Deeming the content of my citation as “laughable” also lacks merit.

Regarding my “rustled delicate sensibilities”, I ascertained that your demeaning designation of GCU was inaccurate and worthy of comment and that was within the realm or reasonable thinking.

On a side note, I was blessed to see Justin Pitts play a couple years back. His speed, quickness and over-all game were outstanding. He could have played for any Big Ten team and make them successful. Best of fortune to the Bearcats in their game with Mercyhurst.
    ^^Just discovered the internets^^

With TJ leaving (likely) South Dakota State, the rumors have begun for the next HC

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    With TJ leaving (likely) South Dakota State, the rumors have begun for the next HC
    Hello Tim Miles...

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Hello Tim Miles...
    Yeah, that is one. I, personally, do not see that happening. But, maybe he doesn't mind making 1/6th of what he just made. Money isnt everything, but its certainly something.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast