Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Tarleton President is stepping down in August

  1. #21

    Default Re: Tarleton President is stepping down in August

    Quote Originally Posted by gruesome View Post
    This is an extremely valid point, but I think the System President already knows who he wants (to your point).

    There are a lot of rumors circling around that I won't share here since they are just that. I think that the wrong person in Dottavio's circle may have said the wrong things to someone that got back to some of the TAMU System brass. With the AD not part of the hiring committee, it'll be interesting as well to see what the new President does about the athletic department.

    I suspect that some of the higher-ups at Tarleton as well as the TAMU System may be growing weary of all of the Division I gung-ho that's been floating around for the last few years. I know some of the boosters are a little tired of it, but that doesn't account for all of them by any stretch of the imagination.
    Hmmmm.....since the story broke he has been recognized by the Texas House and several schools have made a run at him including Texas Tech. Maybe he did just decide on his own accord to step aside. Not like there wasn’t opportunity elsewhere.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    46,335
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Tarleton President is stepping down in August

    Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    A&M Kingsville had systems center in San Antonio until the legislature and the A&M System formed what is now Texas A&M- San Antonio. A&M has also recently opened what they call a higher education center down in McAllen which I bet one day down the road wiil become Texas A&M- McAllen or RGV.
    .
    I read an article recently about A&M San Antonio planning on adding sports?

    And has there been any more talk about Tarleton going D1?

  3. #23

    Default Re: Tarleton President is stepping down in August

    Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    I read an article recently about A&M San Antonio planning on adding sports?

    And has there been any more talk about Tarleton going D1?
    Haven’t heard about A&M San Antonio, but A&M Texarkana has added 8 sports 4 for men and 4 for women at the NAIA level.

    Tarleton D1 talks seems to have grown quiet for the time being. They do have plans to add a large screen and a replay booth for stadium needed for D1. Waiting on the SLC which may be a while IMO.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    15,285
    Rep Power
    176321

    Default Re: Tarleton President is stepping down in August

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Haven’t heard about A&M San Antonio, but A&M Texarkana has added 8 sports 4 for men and 4 for women at the NAIA level.

    Tarleton D1 talks seems to have grown quiet for the time being. They do have plans to add a large screen and a replay booth for stadium needed for D1. Waiting on the SLC which may be a while IMO.
    I just read a clip in the Javelina Highlights about TAM-SA and their athletic plans

    They said if they add sports they would be soccer, softball and golf and they would start off in NAIA and they want to be established by the fall of 2020. As per their consulting firm, they would stay in NAIA for a few years while they build up their program with more sports and aggressively use scholarships to get the programs established and then transition to DII. Makes sense to me vs going D2 from scratch and trying to build while getting pounded by everyone for a few years. It didn't say if football would be a sport they would add, but the A&M system wants that campus to be enrolling over 20k in the next decade, so I wouldn't doubt it might be in their long term plan. I'd like for the system to help us with some of their coin to fix our facilities before then.
    Last edited by LSC Fan; 05-16-2019 at 07:00 AM.

  5. Default Re: Tarleton President is stepping down in August

    Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    I read an article recently about A&M San Antonio planning on adding sports?

    And has there been any more talk about Tarleton going D1?
    There's some discussion about D1 in the "Update on Tarleton Football Stadium" thread.. But not much from the University lately. Big push right now seems to be getting season tickets sold for The Lonn.

  6. Default Re: Tarleton President is stepping down in August

    HipHip Hooray says a bunch of us true “bleed purple” longtime supporters who see what’s going on daily at Tarleton State University..

  7. #27

    Default Re: Tarleton President is stepping down in August

    Quote Originally Posted by wannabcoach View Post
    HipHip Hooray says a bunch of us true “bleed purple” longtime supporters who see what’s going on daily at Tarleton State University..
    Ok, Mr. Hooray, that bleeds purple and has his ear to the ground in Stephenville, what is the real story behind the outgoing President of your University?

  8. #28

    Default Re: Tarleton President is stepping down in August

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Ok, Mr. Hooray, that bleeds purple and has his ear to the ground in Stephenville, what is the real story behind the outgoing President of your University?
    I'm also interested in why Dr. Dottavio stepping down is good.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    4,933
    Rep Power
    12319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    I'm also interested in why Dr. Dottavio stepping down is good.
    No inside info. However maybe he just wants to retire.

    The average college president holds the position for 7 years. Dottavio has been in Stephenville for 11 years.

    With his age and years of service, he is now eligible for retirement from the state retirement system.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Tarleton State Texan
    Texas State Bobcat

  10. #30

    Default Re: Tarleton President is stepping down in August

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisattsu View Post
    No inside info. However maybe he just wants to retire.

    The average college president holds the position for 7 years. Dottavio has been in Stephenville for 11 years.

    With his age and years of service, he is now eligible for retirement from the state retirement system.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Not saying he doesn't deserve it, but wannabcoach makes it seem as if Tarleton was suffering under Dottavios leadership.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Tarleton President is stepping down in August

    Quote Originally Posted by wannabcoach View Post
    HipHip Hooray says a bunch of us true “bleed purple” longtime supporters who see what’s going on daily at Tarleton State University..
    You say you bleed purple, but you don’t even have the Tarleton avatar?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •