Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: MEC Coverage & Recap

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    517
    Blog Entries
    86
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    10465

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    13,218
    Rep Power
    314143

    Default Re: MEC Coverage & Recap

    So did you ever venture out of the friendly confines of Ram Stadium to see any games between teams other than the Rams?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    517
    Blog Entries
    86
    Rep Power
    10465

    Default Re: MEC Coverage & Recap

    I did. The final game was Hillsdale @ Notre Dame College. Work prevented me from getting back for the Slippery Rock contest.

    I believe it was only two Shepherd games I attended last year, maybe three.

  4. #4

    Default Re: MEC Coverage & Recap

    Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    So did you ever venture out of the friendly confines of Ram Stadium to see any games between teams other than the Rams?
    Would you have rather have just had nobody covering the conference? Now that I think of it, maybe all your responses in regards to Raymond are seeded in the fact that you hate rehashing the dumpster fire football program you have on the hill, and to that I can understand if you don't want to read more about it week to week...

    Raymond, thanks for lending us your time. Thought you did a great job! Even if ungrateful guys like Boat give you crap from time to time, wish you nothing but the best going forward.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    13,218
    Rep Power
    314143

    Default Re: MEC Coverage & Recap

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Franze View Post
    I did. The final game was Hillsdale @ Notre Dame College. Work prevented me from getting back for the Slippery Rock contest.

    I believe it was only two Shepherd games I attended last year, maybe three.
    That's cool, at least you made it out.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    517
    Blog Entries
    86
    Rep Power
    10465

    Default Re: MEC Coverage & Recap

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Raymond, thanks for lending us your time. Thought you did a great job! Even if ungrateful guys like Boat give you crap from time to time, wish you nothing but the best going forward.
    No worries, I knew accepting the gig I'd open myself up to any critics. I think many know about the base pay and travel budget involved, but I was glad I could fill the void for the conference and do what I could, when I could, where I could. I freely admit as a fan I was in a Shepherd bubble for years and taking on this assignment really helped me appreciate the other programs, their players and their progress.

    I appreciate the sentiments. I'm looking forward to what the future may bring for the MEC, Shepherd in the PSAC, and the DII landscape. I'll still be around!
    I can be reached at raymond.franze@d2football.com.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    62968

    Default Re: MEC Coverage & Recap

    Raymond, thanks for your coverage, reviews, previews, etc. throughout!

    Taking the time out of your free time to do the work for the rest of us on D2 football, MEC, SR1,etc. is very commendable, especially with that healthy salary & travel budget you referred to.

    And for sure Never apologize for being in the "Shepherd Bubble"!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •