Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT - ACU goes dancing

Contribute to D2

Default OT - ACU goes dancing

6th year as D1 and only 2nd year eligible, the SingSongs won the whole damn thing and will go to the NCAA tournament.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Tarleton State Texan
    Texas State Bobcat

Default Re: OT - Fauck ACU goes dancing

Quote Originally Posted by chrisattsu View Post
    6th year as D1 and only 2nd year eligible, the SingSongs won the whole damn thing and will go to the NCAA tournament.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Whatever team they will be playing against, I hope that team sends ACU to hell, “do not past go and do not collect $200!”

The Corpus Christi branch of Texas A&M plays ACU this afternoon in women's final.

Go Islanders!

But you have to give our former LSC members a little bit of credit. It's been a good athletic year for UIW and ACU as far as jumping the hurdle early. UIW baseball isn't doing too shabby this season with a signature win over at Collie Station. They might have a shot at winning the SLC and getting the auto invite to the NCAA's.

I noticed it was a battle of two former D2 teams (New Orleans was in the GSC for one season when they considered going D2 in 2011).

Very cool for them! Congrats Wildcats!

Quote Originally Posted by UNALions View Post
    I noticed it was a battle of two former D2 teams (New Orleans was in the GSC for one season when they considered going D2 in 2011).

Very cool for them! Congrats Wildcats!
    Correct me if I am wrong, but this isn't UNO's first rodeo in D1? I think they were D1 back in 90's and before then in a conference with La Tech, LA Monroe, UTPA( now UT RGV) and a few other teams from the South?

And as of this posting, it looks like the Lady ACU Wildcats will be making the dance in the girls bracket. They are trashing A&M CC.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but this isn't UNO's first rodeo in D1? I think they were D1 back in 90's and before then in a conference with La Tech, LA Monroe, UTPA( now UT RGV) and a few other teams from the South?

And as of this posting, it looks like the Lady ACU Wildcats will be making the dance in the girls bracket. They are trashing A&M CC.
    This will be UNO's 6th appearance. This article says they have been there five times before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_D...and_Conference
    Last edited by laker; 03-17-2019 at 02:41 PM.

The ACU-TAMCC game is tied with two minutes to go 64 all. Islanders on an 11-0 run. They have never gone dancing either.

69-68 ACU women advance for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    The ACU-TAMCC game is tied with two minutes to go 64 all. Islanders on an 11-0 run. They have never gone dancing either.
    Wow. What a comeback. The Islander lost 69-68, but were getting trashed by 20 at the half.

The A&M CC men have been to the dance . They nearly knocked off Wisconsin in the first round a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    Wow. What a comeback. The Islander lost 69-68, but were getting trashed by 20 at the half.

The A&M CC men have been to the dance . They nearly knocked off Wisconsin in the first round a few years back.
    Yes, I remember the men going. I always hope that some teams who have never gone make it. Northwestern men made it a couple of years ago. They were one of the Original Five teams that was a member from Day One but never got there- Army, Citadel, Saint Francis of Brooklyn and William & Mary still haven't gone either.

The Southland women's was crazy. The 1, 2, and 3 seeds lose. 4 and 5 play for the championship.

SFA head coach, Mark Kellog, told me today that the tournament for an ncaa one team only Southland conference is brutal. SFA finished 25-6 but no joy.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    The Southland women's was crazy. The 1, 2, and 3 seeds lose. 4 and 5 play for the championship.

SFA head coach, Mark Kellog, told me today that the tournament for an ncaa one team only Southland conference is brutal. SFA finished 25-6 but no joy.
    That is brutul, Kellog went 25 and 6 and no tournament invite. Doesnt seem fair at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post

It’s painful but there are consolation prizes—The WNIT and at least one other post season D1 Women’s tournament. There’s more of a chance of picking up post season wins in one of those tournaments. The Southland rep in the NCAA is almost always a 15-16 seed and winds up playing one of the tournament favorites in the first round.

The ACU women experienced something of what Lamar and SFA are going through this year in 2016 when we went 26-4, won the regular season conference championship but couldn’t play in either the conference tournament or the NCAA because we hadn’t completed the transition from D2.

Unfortunately ACU men will be playing without two of their best players. Apparently 3-way sexual assaults are frowned upon in Abilene.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Unfortunately ACU men will be playing without two of their best players. Apparently 3-way sexual assaults are frowned upon in Abilene.
    Where did you find this info? Or are you throwing out accusations?

16. Default Re: OT - Fauck ACU goes dancing

Quote Originally Posted by LSCfan1 View Post
    I thought the same thing, but it's right there on the Abliene newspaper web site. It looks like it was from about a month ago, so they have been winning without them.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by HOGSVRR View Post
    Whatever team they will be playing against, I hope that team sends ACU to hell, “do not past go and do not collect $200!”
    It'll be Kentucky. ACU won't advance.

Quote Originally Posted by JavsFan View Post
    I thought the same thing, but it's right there on the Abliene newspaper web site. It looks like it was from about a month ago, so they have been winning without them.
    I think what he was questioning is the nature of the infraction. It is certainly true that two players were kicked off the team and out of the school, but I don't think their offense was ever made public. It has always been stated as a "violation of school rules." I have never heard it said that it was sexual in nature. It very well could be as I don't have any in insight to the actual offense, so just wondering where the information on the crime came from.

I have been very impressed with the team's ability to put this behind them and keep moving forward after losing your leading scorer and two starters. I hope they keep it withing 30 against UK, but I have my doubts. UK is playing in a whole different sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by LSCfan1 View Post
    It’s not a secret that we lost 2 starters a few weeks ago but I’ve never heard a reason why, other than a violation of school policy. To state on a message board a false claim is pretty irresponsible. If you are looking at a news article that states sexual charges please post a link.

ACU still providing their athletes microwaves? Gosh those cheaters never have stopped their illegal ways!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast