Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ot - asu wbb

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Ot - asu wbb

Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    Honestly if you are skating through your season its easy to keep key players healthy and rested come playoff time. High stakes games against quality opponents wears on you. Home court advantage in basketball is huge.

I like the LSC tournament at a neutral site and think the regional tournaments should be held the same way.
    I couldn't agree more, what did ASU get for knocking off the #1 seed in the region? Getting to play against LCU at HOME who hadn't lost in 65 straight chances...I know I know, if you want to play at home, win more games blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I heard Parker's decided to return next year. That is really good news. You can't turn a 6'1 post into a 6'5 post. Ha! She can drain it from 15 feet. Parker at the high post and Spurgin on the blocks, Hightower, Gamble, and Nix at guard, Dollar (or whatever new post Mattio brings in) is a group you can go to war with. I'm also betting (from what I know) that a freshman guard will be coming in that is ready for prime time the minute she steps on the floor. We didn't have the high/low post game this year without Parker. Makes the offense much more flexible and efficient. Options.
    Good to hear, with Parker at 6' 5" in the middle and Abby off the bench they will be fun to watch. I'm thinking Dollar starts at the 4 spot, she will be special IMHO.
    We never had Parker & Taylor or the floor together last year. If Dollar can add a pull-up jumper, like Hightower, she will be hard to stop at a high post. This is going to be fun.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Honestly if you are skating through your season its easy to keep key players healthy and rested come playoff time. High stakes games against quality opponents wears on you. Home court advantage in basketball is huge.

I like the LSC tournament at a neutral site and think the regional tournaments should be held the same way.
    As I have said -- seeding should be national, not regional.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    I think its because LCU is currently hosting the NJCAA Girls National Tournament. Started Monday I believe...
    I guess the NCAA is happy to let the D2 playoffs play second fiddle to NJCAA D2 playoff.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    I guess the NCAA is happy to let the D2 playoffs play second fiddle to NJCAA D2 playoff.
    In my mind, the NCAA should have never allowed LCU to host to begin with because of them already hosting the NJCAA D1 National Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    In my mind, the NCAA should have never allowed LCU to host to begin with because of them already hosting the NJCAA D1 National Tournament.
    Agreed. A neutral site would have been appropriate, especially under the circumstances.

The problem was no one thought ASU was going to beat WT. Doing so threw a wrench into the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    Yes, with 3 Red-Shirt Sr. No physical or educational reason. Just wanted to get a year older, bigger and stronger.
    They wanted to make a run the first year in D2 and where successful. I do not like taking a Red-Shirt for that reason.
    The LSC is stronger now - LCU will need to have better athletes to withstand the grind of the LSC.
    You still think LCU's recruits aren't good enough to compete in the LSC? Just won their second National Championship.

I have watched them play. There a several teams in the Lone stare that have better athletes.
    LCU is just very disciplined. A lot like watching the Canyon Eagles play in High school. They just don't make mistakes.

I do think the harder LSC schedule and the tougher play of the LSC will wear on them, unlike the cream-puff they play now.
    Don't think they win the regular season or tournament. We'll see.

Based on media reports, Renea Shippy has resigned and assistant coach Nate Harris has been named the new head coach. Presser today at 2:30

New job? surely not fired?

New job? surely not fired?
    Nope definitely not fired. Rumblings of a family situation that needs more attention.

I heard they had a team meeting last night and she told them she was going back to home (Missouri) to be near family. Would coach HS.

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Nope definitely not fired. Rumblings of a family situation that needs more attention.
    This

So, the new guy going to be ok???

Quote Originally Posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    So, the new guy going to be ok???
    Have no real clue. Has a decent background, was spoken very highly of by Coach Shippy. It will be a wait and see.
    I know we don't want to rock the boat and ASU women's basketball hasn't ever been in a better situation year in and year out that it is currently enjoying, but I really wish our administration would at least look outside occasionally when we hire coaches. Not saying you have to hire them, but it would be nice to see who might be interested in our openings.

Have no real clue. Has a decent background, was spoken very highly of by Coach Shippy. It will be a wait and see.
    I know we don't want to rock the boat and ASU women's basketball hasn't ever been in a better situation year in and year out that it is currently enjoying, but I really wish our administration would at least look outside occasionally when we hire coaches. Not saying you have to hire them, but it would be nice to see who might be interested in our openings.
    I heard from someone wired in, that around the league, Davis was he was thought of as a good hire when Shippy hired him.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I heard from someone wired in, that around the league, Davis Harris?was he was thought of as a good hire when Shippy hired him.
    The players really seem to like him. He has a focus on defense everywhere he has been. It will all come down to, if he can continue to streak of recruiting that we have been on with immediate high impact transfers. Will also be interesting to see if he puts any emphasis on high school players.

The players really seem to like him. He has a focus on defense everywhere he has been. It will all come down to, if he can continue to streak of recruiting that we have been on with immediate high impact transfers. Will also be interesting to see if he puts any emphasis on high school players.
    Yes. For some reason I had Nate "Davis" on the brain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123