Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ot - asu wbb

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Ot - asu wbb

Nothing against LCU, however, it will be interesting to see how they compete next year when they play Wt, ASU, and ENMU twice. Don't think they make the PO next year.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

https://youtu.be/HH3knPthpaI

ASU coach a little salty about not getting a shoot around, wonder why they couldnt?

Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    https://youtu.be/HH3knPthpaI

ASU coach a little salty about not getting a shoot around, wonder why they couldnt?
    I think its because LCU is currently hosting the NJCAA Girls National Tournament. Started Monday I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    Nothing against LCU, however, it will be interesting to see how they compete next year when they play Wt, ASU, and ENMU twice. Don't think they make the PO next year.
    I bet they make the NCAA's. I wouldn't bet they run thru the LSC unscathed as they usually do the Heartland. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see them playing for the LSC championships, regular season and tournament. Their coach finds a way.

Great year for ASU, it will be tough to replace Marquita on both ends of the floor and the 3 other guards next year. Will be interesting to see how we recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I bet they make the NCAA's. I wouldn't bet they run thru the LSC unscathed as they usually do the Heartland. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see them playing for the LSC championships, regular season and tournament. Their coach finds a way.
    They have a great coach, been there as long as I can remember. I have a sister-in-law that played there.
    They will need to change the type of player they recruit to stay competitive. They need to be more athletic than in the past.
    I would be surprised to see them playing in the tournament finals, too many other good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    They have a great coach, been there as long as I can remember. I have a sister-in-law that played there.
    They will need to change the type of player they recruit to stay competitive. They need to be more athletic than in the past.
    I would be surprised to see them playing in the tournament finals, too many other good teams.
    CHIP vs GWB. Two different schools of thought.....

I'll have to go with CHIP on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Great year for ASU, it will be tough to replace Marquita on both ends of the floor and the 3 other guards next year. Will be interesting to see how we recruit.
    I don't know how you replace those Srs. JUCOs? More transfers like Big Dee?

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    CHIP vs GWB. Two different schools of thought.....

I'll have to go with CHIP on this one.
    The GWB has spoken -- Let It Be So

The GWB has spoken -- Let It Be So
    "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

https://youtu.be/ivRKfwmgrHY

I don't know how you replace those Srs. JUCOs? More transfers like Big Dee?
    I hope Dee can get back to her sophomore season form, that would be a huge help for next year's team.

I hope Dee can get back to her sophomore season form, that would be a huge help for next year's team.
    I pray she can.

You do realize they won the National Championship just a couple years ago right?

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    You do realize they won the National Championship just a couple years ago right?
    Yes, with 3 Red-Shirt Sr. No physical or educational reason. Just wanted to get a year older, bigger and stronger.
    They wanted to make a run the first year in D2 and where successful. I do not like taking a Red-Shirt for that reason.
    The LSC is stronger now - LCU will need to have better athletes to withstand the grind of the LSC.

I pray she can.
    I hope so too. Wt still has not heard if Parker will take a medical Red-Shirt. If she does it will be a good match.

Yes, with 3 Red-Shirt Sr. No physical or educational reason. Just wanted to get a year older, bigger and stronger.
    They wanted to make a run the first year in D2 and where successful. I do not like taking a Red-Shirt for that reason.
    The LSC is stronger now - LCU will need to have better athletes to withstand the grind of the LSC.
    They would have won it the year before as well but were ineligible for the playoffs, hence why the girls sat out a year. Your point was those types of athletes would not be successful. They obviously would have been.
    Last edited by WT_ALUM08; 03-20-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Not that I know anything about W Basketball, so you could talk circles around me as far as knowledge of the players teams and current state of the game. IF my memory serves me correctly I believe they ( LCU W Basketball ) just won a NC recently. So, my thinking is the recruiting is in great shape there. Seems they have had little trouble getting past LSC teams in the present and not so long ago past either. May want to rethink on how your team can get past them at this point.

I hope so too. Wt still has not heard if Parker will take a medical Red-Shirt. If she does it will be a good match.
    I heard Parker's decided to return next year. That is really good news. You can't turn a 6'1 post into a 6'5 post. Ha! She can drain it from 15 feet. Parker at the high post and Spurgin on the blocks, Hightower, Gamble, and Nix at guard, Dollar (or whatever new post Mattio brings in) is a group you can go to war with. I'm also betting (from what I know) that a freshman guard will be coming in that is ready for prime time the minute she steps on the floor. We didn't have the high/low post game this year without Parker. Makes the offense much more flexible and efficient. Options.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    They would have won it the year before as well but were ineligible for the playoffs, hence why the girls sat out a year. Your point was those types of athletes would not be successful. They obviously would have been.
    Not only this, but I believe they lose 2 players from this year's team, I'm going to guess that Coach Gomez has them ready to go again next year. That being said, I don't think they go through the regular season with as much success next year as they have the previous years.

Not only this, but I believe they lose 2 players from this year's team, I'm going to guess that Coach Gomez has them ready to go again next year. That being said, I don't think they go through the regular season with as much success next year as they have the previous years.
    Honestly if you are skating through your season its easy to keep key players healthy and rested come playoff time. High stakes games against quality opponents wears on you. Home court advantage in basketball is huge.

I like the LSC tournament at a neutral site and think the regional tournaments should be held the same way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast