Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 133

Thread: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

  1. #101

    Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    In the SRU thread he hinted that KR could end up down south with someone we all know well.

    My first guess with that would be on Gary Edwards’ staff at Francis Marion. But I’m really not sure what’s shocking about that.

    Joining Crutchfield at Nova SE?? Now that would qualify as shocking.
    With Reilly in Memphis at CBU? That would be even more shocking. I know that both of them greatly respected each other, so maybe it's not as shocking as one might think ... though Gannon fans would be taken quite aback.

  2. Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    With Reilly in Memphis at CBU? That would be even more shocking. I know that both of them greatly respected each other, so maybe it's not as shocking as one might think ... though Gannon fans would be taken quite aback.
    Didn’t even think of that. Makes more sense, Reilly just getting hired and all. And their shared passion for rock ‘em sock ‘em basketball

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,650
    Rep Power
    23999

    Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    In the SRU thread he hinted that KR could end up down south with someone we all know well.

    My first guess with that would be on Gary Edwards’ staff at Francis Marion. But I’m really not sure what’s shocking about that.

    Joining Crutchfield at Nova SE?? Now that would qualify as shocking.
    Gary Edwards? Why would KR even think of going there?

  4. Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Gary Edwards? Why would KR even think of going there?
    I have no clue that he would or wouldn’t. I was just spit-balling off of your comment, forgetting that the much more obvious answer of Reilly was right in front of my nose.

  5. #105

    Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    I have no clue that he would or wouldn’t. I was just spit-balling off of your comment, forgetting that the much more obvious answer of Reilly was right in front of my nose.
    Those officials best be drunk ...

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Butler Co, PA
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    You'll be shocked where he ends up...
    I’m far from someone KR would confide in on very private matters but the names he dropped in our conversation were interesting. If he ends up following any of the leads he mentioned to me I won’t be surprised, obviously, since he already told me that. However I would be very surprised if he takes a D2 asst job as some have speculated here. D1 third chair seems to make the most sense to get him back to D2 head job, but it’s also hard for me to see KR being an asst after being the head guy for 10 yrs. I hope he lands on his feet. He won a lot of games with very little scholarship money (Clarion level funding).

  7. Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
    I’m far from someone KR would confide in on very private matters but the names he dropped in our conversation were interesting. If he ends up following any of the leads he mentioned to me I won’t be surprised, obviously, since he already told me that. However I would be very surprised if he takes a D2 asst job as some have speculated here. D1 third chair seems to make the most sense to get him back to D2 head job, but it’s also hard for me to see KR being an asst after being the head guy for 10 yrs. I hope he lands on his feet. He won a lot of games with very little scholarship money (Clarion level funding).
    He was forced out of his job after a player revolt. The fact he doesn’t have a job yet (at least one that has been made public) would suggest his phone isn’t ringing off the hook with great offers. A D2 assistant job at least gets him back in the game, and SRU is still paying the remainder of his contract, so a great paying gig isn’t exactly necessary at this moment.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Butler Co, PA
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    He was forced out of his job after a player revolt. The fact he doesn’t have a job yet (at least one that has been made public) would suggest his phone isn’t ringing off the hook with great offers. A D2 assistant job at least gets him back in the game, and SRU is still paying the remainder of his contract, so a great paying gig isn’t exactly necessary at this moment.
    I get your point. I just don’t see a guy who was a D1 asst for 10 years then a D2 HC for 10 years going back to be a D2 asst.

    His pre-SRU resume is
    Asst Morehead St 1yr
    Interim HC U of Denver 1/2 season
    Asst U of Denver 2 1/2 seasons
    DBO Penn St 1 yr
    Asst Drake 6 yrs

  9. Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
    I get your point. I just don’t see a guy who was a D1 asst for 10 years then a D2 HC for 10 years going back to be a D2 asst.

    His pre-SRU resume is
    Asst Morehead St 1yr
    Interim HC U of Denver 1/2 season
    Asst U of Denver 2 1/2 seasons
    DBO Penn St 1 yr
    Asst Drake 6 yrs
    Oh it’s certainly not ideal and I agree it’s not something he’d want to do. But depending on how perspective employers view the circumstances of his SRU dismissal, he might not have a lot of options, at least not this soon.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,518
    Rep Power
    70284

    Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Oh it’s certainly not ideal and I agree it’s not something he’d want to do. But depending on how perspective employers view the circumstances of his SRU dismissal, he might not have a lot of options, at least not this soon.
    He's viewed as toxic. Regardless of why he was fired, he's still suing them in federal court. That means he'll have to miss work to attend court proceedings. Plus the general unease of hiring someone in that situation.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,650
    Rep Power
    23999

    Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Contrary to what is being said on here, KR has had numerous D2 School's calling. He's turned them down for various reasons. He's just not going to go to a Clarion type and possibly tarnish his career at this point. He's still getting paid so he's got time and doesn't have to rush into anything.

  12. #112

    Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Contrary to what is being said on here, KR has had numerous D2 School's calling. He's turned them down for various reasons. He's just not going to go to a Clarion type and possibly tarnish his career at this point. He's still getting paid so he's got time and doesn't have to rush into anything.
    KR is a great coach. Botton line. He got canned over a bunch of pansies ... Just sayin'
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 06-13-2019 at 07:04 AM.

  13. Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Well this is a lot of conflicting information to sift through. I suppose it makes sense for him to sit out until the SRU mess is sorted out. I wouldn’t be too surprised if he eventually resurfaces as a head coach. Heck, Jeff Dow eventually rebounded from his messy exit from IUP into a D1 opportunity. I don’t hold KR in the high esteem as a coach that some on here do, but under the right circumstances I think he’d do fine.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Butler Co, PA
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Contrary to what is being said on here, KR has had numerous D2 School's calling. He's turned them down for various reasons. He's just not going to go to a Clarion type and possibly tarnish his career at this point. He's still getting paid so he's got time and doesn't have to rush into anything.
    I agree that a D2 HC job is the perfect scenario for KR and waiting for the right opportunity makes sense. If he goes the D1 asst route, it’s probably for only 1 yr.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Butler Co, PA
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Well this is a lot of conflicting information to sift through. I suppose it makes sense for him to sit out until the SRU mess is sorted out. I wouldn’t be too surprised if he eventually resurfaces as a head coach. Heck, Jeff Dow eventually rebounded from his messy exit from IUP into a D1 opportunity. I don’t hold KR in the high esteem as a coach that some on here do, but under the right circumstances I think he’d do fine.
    Just to put KR’s success in perspective. In the 34 years prior to KR (dating back to 1975), SRU had only one coach with over a .500 record. That coach was 2 games over .500. KR was 79 games over .500. The turnaround was immediate and sustained.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,650
    Rep Power
    23999

    Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    KR is a great coach. Botton line. He got canned over a bunch of pansies ... Just sayin'
    He got canned because he gambled on bringing Micah Till in. That back fired on him in a major way. Micah Till was and still is the problem at SRU and that is a fact!

  17. #117
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,518
    Rep Power
    70284

    Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    He got canned because he gambled on bringing Micah Till in. That back fired on him in a major way. Micah Till was and still is the problem at SRU and that is a fact!
    I can tell you that the facts don't support your first sentence. Have you read the lawsuit?

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,650
    Rep Power
    23999

    Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I can tell you that the facts don't support your first sentence. Have you read the lawsuit?
    Thuganomics go a long way in this... have you read the lawsuit?

  19. Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    He got canned because he gambled on bringing Micah Till in. That back fired on him in a major way. Micah Till was and still is the problem at SRU and that is a fact!
    And he gambled on Till because he was 29-28 in the previous 2 seasons. Could his act have already been starting to wear thin especially with higher caliber players?

  20. Default Re: Clarion Men’s Coaching Vacancy

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Contrary to what is being said on here, KR has had numerous D2 School's calling. He's turned them down for various reasons. He's just not going to go to a Clarion type and possibly tarnish his career at this point. He's still getting paid so he's got time and doesn't have to rush into anything.
    Well, well, well looks like someone got their crystal ball fixed. Give me a break buddy!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •