Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Women's Atlantic Regional

Default Re: Women's Atlantic Regional

Great win for the IUP ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Great win for the IUP ladies.
    Yep. They played hard with a lot of heart. They’re winning on guts and grit right now. Some have implied they’re a soft group, or can’t handle physical play, but I don’t buy into that. No matter what happens on Monday, they’ve had another great year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cal and GSC in OT

Cal and GSC in OT
    Amazing win with one question....how does GSC end up on the wrong side of PF 15-36 and foul out 3 players ??? On their home court ???
    Last edited by CALUPA69; 03-16-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Final: Cal Women: 87, Glenville 77

Yeesh. Very unlike a Jess team to come back from a blown lead - but I’m glad!

Back to iup :)

Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Amazing win with one question....how does GSC end up on the wrong side of PF 15-36 and foul out 3 players ??? On their home court ???
    I just don’t think that team was as good as advertised. Take nothing away from Cal because they played a great game, and was the better team in my opinion.

I think the right two teams made the final. I have to give Cal the edge because of recent results and the mental block IUP seems to have in this matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    I just don’t think that team was as good as advertised. Take nothing away from Cal because they played a great game, and was the better team in my opinion.

I think the right two teams made the final. I have to give Cal the edge because of recent results and the mental block IUP seems to have in this matchup.

IUP blew them out last year. Best two teams are playing Monday.

8. Default Re: Women's Atlantic Regional

If we get the same Appleby on Monday, IUP has no chance. 4-21 overall and 1-9 from 3. And she was out of control several times. If she had a half decent game today, IUP wins in a blowout. She has to come up big. Cal has had her number twice this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    If we get the same Appleby on Monday, IUP has no chance. 4-21 overall and 1-9 from 3. And she was out of control several times. If she had a half decent game today, IUP wins in a blowout. She has to come up big. Cal has had her number twice this year.
    She vanishes against Cal. Just sayin'

IUP blew them out last year. Best two teams are playing Monday.
    Actually blew them out twice. Both games MEGAN SMITH was the leading scorer and CAROLYN APPLEBY was free to do her thing. This year without MS, CA is 9PTS/8TO @ home and 6PTS/ 5TO @CAL. Of course, she is always dangerous but the combo with SMITH was scary. Time will tell.

She vanishes against Cal. Just sayin'
    Come on guys. Quit picking on Carolyn. She’s been my favorite for two seasons now!

You’re right though. Sometimes it seems like she’s trying to make great plays instead of the necessary play. Great plays happen. Just like the 30 footer she hit yesterday. It just happened. She’s is better when she plays within herself.

Her shooting hasn’t been right all year, and the stats show that. Still, she’s as tough as they come and I have a feeling she’s going to be ready on Monday. If not, that will be the end of an outstanding career.

Actually blew them out twice. Both games MEGAN SMITH was the leading scorer and CAROLYN APPLEBY was free to do her thing. This year without MS, CA is 9PTS/8TO @ home and 6PTS/ 5TO @CAL. Of course, she is always dangerous but the combo with SMITH was scary. Time will tell.
    I was saying they blew out GSC last year.

I was saying they blew out GSC last year.
    I think a better all around C HAWKS team last year. Still, they're on the verge of a 2nd EE if they can play their game and not CALS.

Not quite below 70 but CAL U did win 81-79 and then lost a truly bizarre regional final to GU at Hammermill 50-47. GSC did use that multi sub system with 10 players and the VULCANS did the same with 8 players. Actually quite a redemption for GSC who lost @ CAL 102-55 in November of that season. I vaguely remember GSC adding a player in the spring of '13 who may have provided the boost. Don't see anything like that this happening this year. Only hope they stay competitive.
    Truly bizarre is the only way to describe the 2013 final. Gannon same out ultra tight and Cal led 18-9 with 2 minutes left in the first half.

History did repeat itself. Cal beat Glenville. All PSAC West final on Monday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    Looking at the minutes, does GSU do the line changes like they did under Harkleroad? It sure seems like they do as 10 players are close to 20 minutes against WLU.

I saw Glenville beat defending national champ Shaw 123-84 in the 2013 regional at the Hammermill. It was unlike anything I’ve ever seen in person. They shuttled lines every minute and went a dizzying 20/32 on threes. The 20 threes made was an NCAA record at the time.

They played Cal in the next round and got held below 70 and lost so we’ll see if history repeats itself today.
    And the very next day, Cal knocked off Glenville State ... as the 7 seed.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

I hate to rain on the parade, but IUP did win when it counted last season: in the first round of Regionals last year in Richmond.

That said, Monday's game should be a fun one. Too bad I have to work Monday night...
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    I hate to rain on the parade, but IUP did win when it counted last season: in the first round of Regionals last year in Richmond.

That said, Monday's game should be a fun one. Too bad I have to work Monday night...
    Does anyone know what officials will be calling this game ? These past two games SEAIRRA BARRETT has had to sit a good deal of the first half due to early foul calls. Should have been a problem but in both games the switch from a center focused offense to guard oriented has really helped the VULCANS. SPORIO and JASPER have stepped up to increase the speed and pressure without having to get SB her shots. On top of which whomever was calling the game pretty much wrecked GSC with 36 PF calls which is 5.4% of their season's total of 671 in 33 games. I don't recall such a reverse home court advantage any time recently.
    Hate playing any team 3-4 times in a season especially a well coached one. But at this time it seems inevitable that these two PSAC heavyweights will face off multiple times. Embarrassing that CAL U didn't make it last weekend, but back to work on Monday evening.

Does anyone know what officials will be calling this game ? These past two games SEAIRRA BARRETT has had to sit a good deal of the first half due to early foul calls. Should have been a problem but in both games the switch from a center focused offense to guard oriented has really helped the VULCANS. SPORIO and JASPER have stepped up to increase the speed and pressure without having to get SB her shots. On top of which whomever was calling the game pretty much wrecked GSC with 36 PF calls which is 5.4% of their season's total of 671 in 33 games. I don't recall such a reverse home court advantage any time recently.
    Hate playing any team 3-4 times in a season especially a well coached one. But at this time it seems inevitable that these two PSAC heavyweights will face off multiple times. Embarrassing that CAL U didn't make it last weekend, but back to work on Monday evening.
    Already building the excuse!

Come on guys. Quit picking on Carolyn. She’s been my favorite for two seasons now!

You’re right though. Sometimes it seems like she’s trying to make great plays instead of the necessary play. Great plays happen. Just like the 30 footer she hit yesterday. It just happened. She’s is better when she plays within herself.

Her shooting hasn’t been right all year, and the stats show that. Still, she’s as tough as they come and I have a feeling she’s going to be ready on Monday. If not, that will be the end of an outstanding career.

Not picking on her ... Cal has just hammered her twice this year. They have a way of getting her in quick foul trouble and rattled.

For IUP to win, that obviously can't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Already building the excuse!
    No need for excuses. This VULCANS WBB team has been a puzzle all season. Do I expect the team that flopped last week @KU or the one that held the #1 scoring team in D2 WBB to a season low 77? Your guess is as good as mine. I really would be curious to know who chooses the officials and from which league. That said this is the right time to peak.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast